Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

Trim settings

I can't seem to get the Honeycomb Alpha yoke, split-trim to work using AAO. Setting it up in the software works fine, green lights when the 2 buttons are pushed simultaneously. The problem is it won't  translate in MSFS for the Arrow III Turbo. When I remove the assignments in-sim, the trim no longer moves. Everything else seems to function but not the trim.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

thanks

1 hour ago, airlinejets said:

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

Does it work when you assign the trim normally = on two buttons instead of four?

LORBY-SI

Hi, thank you for your reply. Assigning only 2 buttons has no effect. What I did notice, is that the button numbers don't march between MSFS and AAO. The combination of buttons on the yoke that are assigned for MSFS are not the same presses on AAO.

MSFS gives the button presses 5 + 7 for nose up and 6 + 8 for nose down. Now, those same presses on AAO are 4 and 6 NU and 5 + 7 ND. I just don't understand, lol.

Anyways, thanks for looking at this for me.

Edited by airlinejets

7 hours ago, airlinejets said:

I just don't understand, lol.

Both systems have nothing whatsoever to do with each other. The button numbers don't have to match at all.

I'm sorry, but I don't have that particular plane. Trim works fine for me with 2 and with 4 buttons in all aircraft that I have. Are you sure that your assignments are correct? Care to post a screenshot?

Maybe an actual owner of that plane can chime in, and describe what events they are using for the trim..

Also, be aware that if you assign the same aircraft system both in MSFS and in AAO, there can be issues. AAO and the simulator controller assignment logic are completely independent from each other, and if the same controller is assigned in both MSFS and AAO, then both actions will happen when you operate it.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

17 hours ago, airlinejets said:

When I remove the assignments in-sim, the trim no longer moves.

Assigning only 2 buttons has no effect. 

Is your "repeat" setting correct in AAO? 

Please post a screenshot of your assignment.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I figured it out. You need to tick the adaptive checkbox. It now works correctly.

thank you for your patience.

54 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

You need to tick the adaptive checkbox.

Not really. You just have to decide on a "Repeat" mode, whichever it is (Fast, Medium, Slow or Adaptive). Otherwise the trim command is executed exactly once when you press the button. And that change is so small, people tend to think that it didn't move the trims at all.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI