Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

Getting CTDs again…

After SU5, I had 2 CTDs when taking off with the DC 6, but hasn't happened since.  Then, out of the blue, I couldn't even start the Sim.  It would consistently CTD a few seconds after checking for updates.  Rebooting the PC made no difference.  Made no changes or additions to the Sim that could account for it.  But, running as administrator cleared it up.  Strange how these CTDs are occurring at different phases of running the Sim from person to person. BTW, running stock, no overclocking. 

Now testing King Air. So far so good. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

5 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

After SU5, I had 2 CTDs when taking off with the DC 6, but hasn't happened since.  Then, out of the blue, I couldn't even start the Sim.  It would consistently CTD a few seconds after checking for updates.  Rebooting the PC made no difference.  Made no changes or additions to the Sim that could account for it.  But, running as administrator cleared it up.  Strange how these CTDs are occurring at different phases of running the Sim from person to person. BTW, running stock, no overclocking. 

It doesn’t take long before you focus on another game and let them sort it out over the next few months. I am almost there because i don’t see the point of doing flight planning, starting cold and dark, programming the nav system, taking off and then getting a CTD. 

I just don’t have that much free time to beta test for free. Plenty of other options for gaming. Might just stick to F1 2021 for now. 

Edited by RobJC
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

24 minutes ago, RobJC said:

It doesn’t take long before you focus on another game and let them sort it out over the next few months. I am almost there because i don’t see the point of doing flight planning, starting cold and dark, programming the nav system, taking off and then getting a CTD. 

I just don’t have that much free time to beta test for free. Plenty of other options for gaming. Might just stick to F1 2021 for now. 

New World for me come 28th.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

Might just stick to F1 2021 for now. 

Yes, perhaps it's best for you to stick with F1 2021.

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

I have just finished a 3 hour flight by using the FBW 320NX (latest stable version) from Simwings EDDH to PILOT'S LEAL - no CTD. I did not use any external tools while I was flying (FSUIPC and Aivlasoft EFB).

But it needs a lot more flights to check the CTD behavior.

Patric

Edited by pscharff

1 hour ago, pscharff said:

I have just finished a 3 hour flight by using the FBW 320NX (latest stable version) from Simwings EDDH to PILOT'S LEAL - no CTD. I did not use any external tools while I was flying (FSUIPC and Aivlasoft EFB).

But it needs a lot more flights to check the CTD behavior.

Patric

I wish i would get there. Right now i have CTD hitting the eicas buttons

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

There must be something happening as i just had my first in weeks loading the game. No changes, nothing new installed .... Game was opening and bang CTD.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Looks like the Caravan modded is stable. Going for the 172 next.

I have been away for a week and just getting back to try some things today. Before I left I had read some things about the newer Ryzen chips being very picky about ram and timings. When I updated the cpu to a 5800x and m/b to an X570 from an X470, I just used the 32g from the X470 system. I then started getting some CTD's which I seemed to have cured by going back to the earliest AMD drive that would work on my 6800XT. That seemed to work right until the beta test for SU5. I have since then been in CTD hell and was trying everything I could find to get MSFS stable again. I finally bit the bullet and bought a new set of Corsair ram sticks that were Ryzen ready and replaced my Gskill Ripsaws, bot sets are PC3600. The Gskills would never run at 3600 but after setting the DOCP (AMD's version of SMP) the Corsair sticks do show as 3600 now. After installing them today, I have made numerous flights, short and longish (about 500km) with various aircraft, and a few Landing Challenges, and have not had any CTD's.

I had read while I was gone about the issue with Capture One .dll file causing some CTD's. I did have Ver 1.1 installed but since I had not used it in ages I just uninstalled it. I do not think that it mattered though as most who had issues were using v 2 or above, and the articles I read mentioned that the conflict was caused by an nVidia driver anyway. I feel that my success was due to the ram and not C.O. Here's hoping that tomorrow brings the same stability.

One question though, why is the AI pilot so bad? I decide to try a flight in the Boeing 787, from KLAX to KSFO. And since I had never flown it before and almost never fly any of the "tubes", I just set things up for the AI to do the flight. He did just fine until landing, an ILS approach to the Right runway coming in from the Bay, I forget the number. He did fine with the altitude but never slowed down from 325k, and never dropped the gear or lowered flaps. He put it on the ground right in between the Left and Right runways. What an word not allowed.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Perhaps a hint, if you do use FSUIPC, make sure you get the latest version. I had frequent CTD since the last MSFS update regardless of the aircraft in use (FBW A320 or TB21 for example) and updated FSUIPC two days ago. I have done three flights since then and all was fine. Coincidence?

If you dont use FSUIPC, make sure you use Add-on Linker, that will make your life easier to identify the culprit livery that ruins your experience... I am in the process of checking all of them adding batches of 5 upon each flights.

Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I got crashes with the WT CJ4 12.7. No other mods in the folder, prior to WU6. Testing with WU6 ongoing.

Crashes were intermittent, maybe one in two or three flights but they always seemed to happen early in decent or on final approach.

Yet, with the FBW experimental, I have never experienced a CTD. (I have experienced an FPS drop on longer flights as reported by several users, though).

I've read somewhere that navigraph data was a cause of CTD's but I'm not convinced. Never had an issue with CTD's until SU5, with or without Navigraph.

Event viewer always shows the flightsim.exe as the faulting module after a CTD, in my case.

I have not yet tested WU6 enough to see whether CTD's have been cured for me. The CJ4 will be my test aircraft for sure.

If I can make five or six flights without CTD, I would be more confident with the sim but right now I feel a sense of impending CTD every CJ4 flight.

Stu

Edited by Bunchy

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

6 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Perhaps a hint, if you do use FSUIPC, make sure you get the latest version. I had frequent CTD since the last MSFS update regardless of the aircraft in use (FBW A320 or TB21 for example) and updated FSUIPC two days ago. I have done three flights since then and all was fine. Coincidence?

If you dont use FSUIPC, make sure you use Add-on Linker, that will make your life easier to identify the culprit livery that ruins your experience... I am in the process of checking all of them adding batches of 5 upon each flights.

I use Add-on Linker, and do not use FSUIPC. Before i launch MSFS i make sure i only enable what i need. 

Stu, i get CTDs with the WT CJ4 as well. 

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

Stu, i get CTDs with the WT CJ4 as well. 

I'd like to report it on WT discord but I can't log in. Everytime I try to login I get a message saying that the account is already claimed.

Lifes too short to f#$k about with it. I really can't be bothered with discord, I really can't.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.