Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

Getting CTDs again…

8 hours ago, fppilot said:

Take a look also at Control Panel, Security and Maintenance, Maintenance, then View Reliability History and see what is reported there,  Click on the X's and i's.

image.png.d7211d6e76a520a1aacd0f2539b308d8.png

It just says Flightsimulator stopped working!

Source
FlightSimulator.exe

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎04/‎10/‎2021 16:57

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.19.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    MoAppCrash
Package Full Name:    Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.19.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application Name:    praid:App
Application Version:    0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp:    00000000
Fault Module Name:    FlightSimulator.exe
Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0000000001aa3434
OS Version:    10.0.19043.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    2057
Additional Information 1:    3b3f
Additional Information 2:    3b3f0c3e74ace4de2aececa1d15dbda1
Additional Information 3:    5ac7
Additional Information 4:    5ac7d0cc06203356e6243c8b8607b3e3

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    4c1de05eecbd24393d51188378e27507 (2112496653161362695)

6 hours ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

How did you got that info? I just had my first CTD after updating my Laptop with 3 different fans.. Everything was perfect and in app to KWHP it just went to the Desktop so frustating..

But i want to know what was the issue.. I was flying the CJ4 with the Mod..

Click on event viewer and select windows logs and in the drop down menu click on application and look for application error! Double click on the error and a window will open with the details, click on copy on the bottom left and you can paste your error to the forum!

• Like 1

i9-11900k@5.1ghz | MSI Rtx3080ti 12gb | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3600mhz | 1Tb M.2 SSD | 4K LG C1 48" TV | Asus Tuf Gaming VG27AQ 27"  | Corsair iCUE H100i  Liquid Cooler |

3 hours ago, RabH said:

It just says Flightsimulator stopped working!

Is that all that was said there?  For instance. I have been experiencing issues reported there with a pair of Corsair apps.  Believe it or now they were affecting crashes with Office 16 and Chrome and occasional system lockups.  So Reliability History would report for example that Chrome has stopped working, but below that it would as an example also report about Corsair Service.  BTW I have disabled both Corsair apps and my systems issues have vanished.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Is that all that was said there?  For instance. I have been experiencing issues reported there with a pair of Corsair apps.  Believe it or now they were affecting crashes with Office 16 and Chrome and occasional system lockups.  So Reliability History would report for example that Chrome has stopped working, but below that it would as an example also report about Corsair Service.  BTW I have disabled both Corsair apps and my systems issues have vanished.

There were a few other things but I have since installed windows 11 and they are no longer showing! I think my problem was just a one off as it seems to be working flawlessly again!

• Like 1

i9-11900k@5.1ghz | MSI Rtx3080ti 12gb | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3600mhz | 1Tb M.2 SSD | 4K LG C1 48" TV | Asus Tuf Gaming VG27AQ 27"  | Corsair iCUE H100i  Liquid Cooler |

On 9/19/2021 at 2:49 PM, RobJC said:

None of my hardware is overclocked. 

Just found out most of my CTDs related to faulty memory cards. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostics and two cards had errors. Took them out and no CTDs since.
To me this indicates that many errors people have reported may be more to do with their set ups than MSFS intrinsically. I have a 7 yo system.

Having said that MSFS is always ready to fall over at the slightest irregularities in your PC - Windows or hardware, like nothing else would do normally. 

1 hour ago, rayharris108 said:

Just found out most of my CTDs related to faulty memory cards. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostics and two cards had errors. Took them out and no CTDs since.
To me this indicates that many errors people have reported may be more to do with their set ups than MSFS intrinsically. I have a 7 yo system.

Having said that MSFS is always ready to fall over at the slightest irregularities in your PC - Windows or hardware, like nothing else would do normally. 

Don't agree. Since SU5, the reports of CTD's proliferated. Can't believe all those people suffering CTD's had hardware failures in tune with SU5 release.

• Like 2

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

1 hour ago, Bunchy said:

Don't agree.

Neither do I. On my system it is definitely the WT CJ4 causing CTD's, and consensus on the WT Discord seems to be it's MSFS code causing this. And I've logged quite some hours before SU5 in that plane without issues. And keeping in mind that SU5 was a major code change, there's no reason to believe in hardware issues in the majority of cases where MSFS would run fine for nearly a year and start CTD after such changes to the core sim.

1 hour ago, Bunchy said:

Since SU5, the reports of CTD's proliferated

My impression too. Ironically, the statement in the latest Q&A however was, according to their telemetry data CTD's are the lowest since release.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

SU5 really started the CTD fest. I had one in a year prior to that. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 hour ago, Tom_L said:

Neither do I. On my system it is definitely the WT CJ4 causing CTD's, and consensus on the WT Discord seems to be it's MSFS code causing this. And I've logged quite some hours before SU5 in that plane without issues. And keeping in mind that SU5 was a major code change, there's no reason to believe in hardware issues in the majority of cases where MSFS would run fine for nearly a year and start CTD after such changes to the core sim.

My impression too. Ironically, the statement in the latest Q&A however was, according to their telemetry data CTD's are the lowest since release.

This is also what I find. The only crashes I get are with the CJ4 (WT). Everything else is stable including experimental A320 FBW.

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

WT CJ4 has been causing CTDs since SU5. Hopefully Asobo sorts out whatever issues are impacting this add-on.  

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro