Sign in to follow this  
BrettT

VR Headset Upgrade doesn't work in P3D

Hi,

I just recently received a Vive Pro 2 after my Vive Pro 1 died.  It works perfectly in all other sims (DCS, MSFS2020, Iracing).  In P3D when I switch into VR it basically becomes a fixed image or steam VR fails.  I have tried different resolution modes (essentially making it less pixels than the original Vive Pro).  I have tried deleting the P3d.cfg and shaders.  No luck.  If anyone has some insight that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett

Hi Brett,

The Vive Pro 2 needs the Vive Console for Steam VR (as well as SteamVR itself), to work in P3D.  You'll find the Console in Steam.

I've had the Pro2 since launch, and find it really good in P3D5.  The improvement in resolution from my Valve Index is just amazing.

Good Luck, Jim

Edited by jimh

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi Jim,

I have the console up and running as well from the beginning.  Had uninstalled and reinstalled both Steam VR and Vive Console before setting up the Vive Pro 2 .  Glad it is worth looking forward to.   I have been very impressed with it in my other sims.  Seems smoother to me as well.  Could be self fulfilling perception though

Hi Brett,

I find it absolutely essential to switch on the Pro2, wait for, first the Console, then SteamVR, to appear automatically, and only then fire up P3D, finally enabling VR in P3D.

If I don't follow this ritual, P3D freezes.  For me, launching P3D first is a big No No.

One other thing.  All my previous headsets could be taken off for periods short and long while remaining connected.  Not so my Pro 2.  I've had to buy a mannequin head to park the Pro 2 on, if I want to leave the computer while on a flight.  A kind of dumb co-pilot!  😀

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.