Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Big monitor recommendation for flight sim

Hello Guys, 

I am willing to buy the new "gaming" monitor for my flight sim setup. Right now I have quite old Philips BDM4065UC/00 UHD 40-Inch Monitor.

I would like to buy the modern monitor, and my minimum requirenments is 40 inch (I think for the immersion it is the minimum) 

Have in mind two monitors and I cannot decise, which one will be more immersive - do you have any thoughts or maybe some other recommendations? 

ASUS ROG SWIFT PG43UQ 4K HDR
Samsung Odyssey G9 (LC49G95TSSRXEN)

I plan to own a Sceptre curve monitor eventually with built in speaker system and VRR support but I don't think they go as big as 40 and my desk arrangement only could be made to accommodate a 32 max.

45 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

55” LG OLED with VRR support.

Cheers, Rob

Thanks Rob, could you please spcitfy the model? 

+ one on the OLED        LG  CI   comes in  48,55,65,77, 83 inch.  55" is life size 48" which I have is just little bit smaller in feel.   I believe this is about as good as it gets. Costco has them for about $1200 and up.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Thank you Rob for comprehensive information. 

For LG C1, is G-Sync actually works? Right now I am using my Philips monitor with the FPS locked to 30FPS to have smooth experience. I wont lie that I would like to go above 30 FPS with G-Sync enabled, so the experience will be smooth. Would be that achievable with LG C1 48' and 3080Ti?