Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phantoms

Whats with these pryramids of dirt?

Guest fundies

Ive just started getting these weird things in my ground textures. Cant think of anything Ive changed to get this problem.

Guest captaindobbin

Those are mesh spikes, caused by bad interpolation I believe. Add any new mesh recently?

Guest fundies

No new mesh. I uninstalled fsx, reinstalled, changed video card drivers and the problem is still there!!! Very frustrating. Sorry for the small picture (had to downsize it to upload)

Hello, If you upload a screen shot with the "map" we can check if we all have the same? The map gives the coordinates.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

I would be willing to bet that you downloaded mesh packages from FSProject.com - USA, Mexico, others. These download packages all have mesh spikes - everywhere. Take them out and you'll find the problems go away.Frank

>Ive just started getting these weird things in my ground>textures. Cant think of anything Ive changed to get this>problem.What are the coordinates?

Guest fundies

I haven't dowloaded any mesh etc. Its all standard FSX Deluxe edition. It happens at heaps of different airports around the world, not just one location (which was Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia in the screenshot.) As I said, I did an uninstall/reinstall of fsx and the problem still exists.

Guest Phantoms

Find a couple locations where it happens. Get as near to it as you can. Hit Shift-Z to bring up the coordinates and post them here for a few different locations. That way we can go directly to the same spot on our installations and verify if it's a FSX problem, or a problem specific to your system.

Guest fundies

Reformat, reinstall, problem now solved. These terrain spikes were happening at nearly every location around the globe.

Speculation here, but sounds like you may have had a corrupted vid card driver or corrupted D3D install that only a complete OS reinstall fixed.In the past I have seen display artifacts in apps, and in a couple of instances a corrupted driver/D3D install was the reason, but it could have been anything.Glad you got it clean and mean now.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest fundies

Cheers mace, its going pretty good now. I think the pc reformat has helped a bit.