Sign in to follow this  
RW1

Draw distance is broken again!

I must be very lucky. I've never seen those red lines, ever. No wonder you're upset, it would p**s me off too.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

7 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I must be very lucky. I've never seen those red lines, ever. No wonder you're upset, it would p**s me off too.

They might as well be there the line is so clear to see. Look at the 400 LOD on and the gap to show how clear the line is. Its like night and day.

Roll on the 28th.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Try extending your LOD to 5.25. You have the system to go that far, and it's my opinion that with the new extended photogrammetry draw distance everything blends very well in the distance and improves immersion level.

Not saying the tree draw distance shouldn't be put back, but you might find this helps until it does.

• Like 2

Ken

8 hours ago, RobJC said:

Since this problem did not exist in the early builds, then got nerfed, fixed and then nerfed again. Was this part of the code overwritten accidentally when other changes were being added? If the code is truly modular/object oriented a call would be made to set the draw distance, which itself is a standalone module/object/class. But if the draw distance is commingled with a bunch of other code, when people are working in this area they can accidentally hammer the draw distance.  

At this point i pretty much expect any part of this sim to be broken anytime we get an update. Here’s a new airplane. Now gauges stopped working on another airplane. I hope i am wrong but we’ve seen a lot of evidence that this is a real problem. 

Exactly this.  (I too spent 35 years in software development before I retired a couple years ago.)

Remember a few World Updates ago where they fubar'd the flaps and we were all floating down the runway and couldn't land?  A WU should have *no* effect on aircraft handling.  I still laugh at Asobo's first "fix" - users edit the individual aircraft config files and divide the exist flap parameter by 2.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Jeff | Private Pilot SEL, Tailwheel  Endorsement | A&P Mechanic

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | GPU: EVGA RTX3080 Black | MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi) | RAM: 32Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz CL 16 | SSDs: 2Tb Samsung M.2 980 Pro, 1Tb Samsung M.2 970 Pro, | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A | Monitors: LG 27GP850, Dell P2715Q | Misc: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS

9 hours ago, BaronKen said:

Try extending your LOD to 5.25. You have the system to go that far, and it's my opinion that with the new extended photogrammetry draw distance everything blends very well in the distance and improves immersion level.

Not saying the tree draw distance shouldn't be put back, but you might find this helps until it does.

Ken I tried your setting of 5.25 and left the other LOD ar 2.0 so 525/200.

It does look a lot better. I've never tried above 400 for the FPS hit but 5.25 seems fine, untill we get a fix I will use this, thank you. I even tested at EGLC and VRAM was still below my cap 9400, so all good.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

47 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Ken I tried your setting of 5.25 and left the other LOD ar 2.0 so 525/200.

Which one did you set to which among 5.25 and 2.0, resp.?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I have them both set at 3.0 and get trees as far as 13 kilometers out.

I can remember if thats less then before. I do remember I had trees at a max of 10 kilometers out at one point.

(thats in the Netherlands)

Edited by hansb57

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

15 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

I have them both set at 3.0 and get trees as far as 13 kilometers out.

Guys, don't forget that the tree LOD depends on the latitude too. In Brasil you have trees as far as you can see with LOD 200, in Finland you have ugly triangular patches of trees popping in 2 nm ahead of you.

That's why we call it a bug and we say that it must be fixed, despite the fact that, for a change, the community is divided on this issue and for some people everything is perfect.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

23 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Guys, don't forget that the tree LOD depends on the latitude too. In Brasil you have trees as far as you can see with LOD 200, in Finland you have ugly triangular patches of trees popping in 2 nm ahead of you.

That's why we call it a bug and we say that it must be fixed, despite the fact that, for a change, the community is divided on this issue and for some people everything is perfect.

Some people use MSFS to fly into buildings and laugh..  I wouldn't worry about "some people"

What's the most annoying thing about the tree LOD is I end up fixating on it and not enjoying the flying which apart from that is great. 

Any news from MS/Asobo about them even acknowledging it's still there?

• Like 2

Same. Really disappointed with the tree LOD draw-line., Kills the immersion. I do a lot of flying over the tropical rainforests and I try to ignore the distance where the dense tree cover just...ends. 

I look on each update with dread. Whats next! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Langeveldt said:

Any news from MS/Asobo about them even acknowledging it's still there?

They know about it, as far as I know their last word was:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/lod-problems-trees-fix-revisited/296923/263

Please note that we are currently refreshing our Feedback Snapshot based on reports for the forums. This thread today has been marked as solved by the devs but I believe there are multiple requests here that can’ t be covered and have been buried. We ask that you create separate threads for each bug so that the dev team can better track your specific referenced bugs above. I will be sure to document your findings!

so.... there are multiple requests already but they invite us to open other threads.

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Which one did you set to which among 5.25 and 2.0, resp.?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

160-Fc-NDu-W2.png

• Like 1

Thank you Dave,

best regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

13 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Just give us a tree sider and give us trees out to the green line. Does not even have to have building as the draw on them is great. 0-900 please trees only.

Flight-Simulator-C3-GBSYt-Q5e.png

That't exaxtly what I wish too. Tree visibilty should be adjustable between 5 and 15 nm or so.

• Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On 9/20/2021 at 5:17 AM, Oliver Ooi said:

This just means Asobo hasn't found the saboteur in their studio, like we discussed here:

I doubt there is a “saboteur” at Asobo.  

And yes…you can always stop sitting behind a computer screen and go outside. Hang with friends. Take a hike. Ride a bike. Fly a real airplane. 

Edited by neil0311