Sign in to follow this  
ThrottleUp

Internal views stuck on external after hotfix. Wont reset.

Hi everyone,

I have set up my number pad bound to the internal camera views. So for example:

• Num 8 = Look straight ahead
  • Num 7 = Look forward left 45 degrees
  • Num 4 = Look left 90 degrees (left wing)

...and so on. 

After the latest Hotfix an odd issue has surfaced. The Numpad 4,7,8,5 INTERNAL views now show EXTERNAL views. It is only those 4 keys affected. The rest of the numpad works as intended showing internal views. Try as I might I cannot get those 4 keys to save to internal view. I have checked the menu, checked the key bindings and everything is in order.  It was working perfectly even after WU6 , its the Hotfix that did this. These pics will make it clear.

Would anyone know of a fix? Thank you. 

Numpad 8 (Look straight ahead) BEFORE hotfix 🙂

Qk3ng4yl.jpg

Numpad 8 (Look straight ahead) AFTER hotfix ☹️

MacDSYPl.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________

Numpad 7 (Look forward left 45 degrees)  BEFORE hotfix 🙂

uYSlg1zl.jpg

Numpad 7 (Look forward left 45 degrees) AFTER hotfix ☹️

ypIUT5al.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________

Numpad 4 (Look left 90 degrees)  BEFORE hotfix 🙂

rKT2fgDl.jpg

Numpad 4 (Look left) AFTER hotfix ☹️

f8cXrWal.jpg

Those appear to be internal views with a higher viewpoint which puts you outside the airplane.. Did you touch the cameras.cfg file at all?

Bert

29 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Those appear to be internal views with a higher viewpoint which puts you outside the airplane.. Did you touch the cameras.cfg file at all?

I was thinking the same thing. I have never touched the .cfg files. I wouldn't know where to find them if you asked me right now actually 🙂

I have tried fixing it. The "Save view" key combo I have made is CTRL + Numpad # 

So I used the arrow keys to move back inside the plane for each one of those misbehaving keys and then pressed the Save View key combo. However it just will not stick. 

Whats making me scratch my head is that only the Numpad keys 4, 7, 8 , 5 are affected. 

If I press Num 6 to look at the right wing - alls well. If I press Num 4 to look at left wing...again the camera is sitting outside the plane. 

I am assuming you tried  restarting  the PC when this happened. ??

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am assuming you tried  restarting  the PC when this happened. ??

Yes I did restart but unfortunately the problem persists. I cant find a solution so I'm working on assigning the 4 faulty views to another set of keys , hope it will work!