Sign in to follow this  
Whisper202

Flybywire A32NX Stable v 0.7.0 more issues......

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

The first iteration of LNAV is available in "Experimental" if anyone wants to try it out. Version 0.70 is fine as long as you do not use the ASOBO flight planner, SimBrief or manual entry only.

My 0.7.0 works as usual with the flight plan prepared from the MSFS map... or you mean something else?

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

3 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

My 0.7.0 works as usual with the flight plan prepared from the MSFS map... or you mean something else?

You are advised NOT to use the inbuilt MSFS flight planner.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

4 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Works fine most of the time for me. Not sure why it’s not advised.

Theres a handful of airports that will cause the flight computer to not load the flight plan, but they’re rare. At that point I will use sim brief. But 95% of flights crated from the main menu have worked fine for me.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

But 95% of flights crated from the main menu have worked fine for me.

Even when using the experimental version (I'm now back on the stable version) I tended to like using the asobo flight planner because detailed constraints along the entire route were more likely to show up, the in-game navmap would work, atc was actively advising you, etc.

The whole experience just felt more integrated with msfs as a whole, to me.

• Like 4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

18 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

Just tried to plan a flight by importing a Simbrief PLN... disaster.

On approach phase the autopilot started the usual 180° turn and I tried the usual DIR trick. This deleted the entire flight plan and the ATC asked me to climb to 12,000 ft from 3,000 ft.

I am so sick of these bugs...

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

On approach phase the autopilot started the usual 180° turn and I tried the usual DIR trick. This deleted the entire flight plan and the ATC asked me to climb to 12,000 ft from 3,000 ft.

Give the experimental version a try. I've found it to be pretty decent so far. I find the ATC to be too hit and miss so just leave it off.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

22 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

Give the experimental version a try. I've found it to be pretty decent so far. I find the ATC to be too hit and miss so just leave it off.

I will try without any other add-ons because in the current status of my community folder it crashes just after the takeoff.

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

This is the result... with a simple flight plan generated by Simbrief (LGAV/LIRF) loaded into the experimental version. Community folder containing only the aircraft.

Discontinuities, absurd route, LNAV mode not working...

I don't know what I am doing wrong 😞

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

2 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

This is the result... with a simple flight plan generated by Simbrief (LGAV/LIRF) loaded into the experimental version. Community folder containing only the aircraft.

Discontinuities, absurd route, LNAV mode not working...

I don't know what I am doing wrong 😞

The discos need to be cleared or you need to add intermediate waypoints yourself. For simplicity just use the CLR button and click the disco line.

You have to step through the flight plan (in Plan mode) before hitting the skies. To do this set the view so that you can see the MCDU and FCU. Set the Mode selector on the EFIS to PLAN (for reference: EFIS Control Panel | Mode Selector - ARC Mode | Section 8.1.14 (a320dp.com). Select the F-PLN key on the MCDU and use the slew keys (up/down arrows) to step through your plan. Check that the flight plan displayed matches the route that you want to fly.

On the F-PLN page select your departure SID and insert as suggested by Simbrief. Also select your arrival airport and insert your STAR according to the runway you want.

It may help while you're figuring this stuff out to ignore Simbrief for the time being and simply set up a basic route in the MCDU with your arrival and destination. Do select your arrival though if expecting to use ILS and CLR any disconnects.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One more tip if you're seeing crazy stuff in the flight plan imported from Simbrief: On the main sim menu ensure that you've only selected a departure airport (and optional starting gate) when setting up the flight. Leave the destination airport blank.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

One more tip if you're seeing crazy stuff in the flight plan imported from Simbrief: On the main sim menu ensure that you've only selected a departure airport (and optional starting gate) when setting up the flight. Leave the destination airport blank.

Thank you, I followed your indications and the flight plan looks good now.

Only, in this case (FPL loaded from the aircraft) there is no ATC functionality (I cannot ask clearance for the IFR flight plan)

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

Edited by MrFuzzy

16 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Thank you, I followed your indications and the flight plan looks good now.

When I've encountered messed up plans like that, it was usually traceable to conflicts with the default flight planner. (which was my opportunity to learn more about the flight planner)

Also, manually untangling those crazy flight plans encouraged (forced) me to learn some important minutia about how to program the MCDU, and how it all worked.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

13 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Only, in this case (FPL loaded from the aircraft) there is no ATC functionality (I cannot ask clearance for the IFR flight plan)

ATC is apparently broken with the experimental version for the time being. See Experimental Version - FlyByWire Simulations Documentation for more details and gotchas.