Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys, having a tough time loading a flight plan from LNM to MSFS (as I see others are as well). I have a simple example I wanted to share to see if anyone knew how to fix it (or even what the problem is):

This usually works fine for me, but every once in a while when I try to use an approach MSFS does crazy things. I'm hoping someone can help explain. I've attached the .pln flight plan and two screenshots of the flight plan in LNM and MSFS. 

Flight Plan: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cewfZOkRYSicg5lJpjKuFxlaz9_D4v2N/view?usp=sharing

Route in LittleNavMap:

spacer.png

Route that gets loaded in MSFS after loading above flight plan:

spacer.png

As you can see a seemingly different approach is loaded even though they are supposedly both ILS 21-Z. MSFS adds in MISTE then several other waypoints and adds an arrival even thought my LNM didn't have an arrival. Is there a way to get JUST the waypoints and approach from LNM to load in MSFS?

This is unfortunately a known issue with MSFS. They completely ignore the approach transitions and insert their own.
Actually the PLN format does not allow to save transitions at all.

In your example MSFS even added a departure procedure where no one was saved in the PLN.

I put a list of issues/findings here:

Alex

• Like 1

2 hours ago, albar965 said:

This is unfortunately a known issue with MSFS. They completely ignore the approach transitions and insert their own.
Actually the PLN format does not allow to save transitions at all.

In your example MSFS even added a departure procedure where no one was saved in the PLN.

I put a list of issues/findings here:

Alex

i saw the departure name listed next to the gate number. however MSFS doesn't actually add the departure to the route. there are no extra waypoints at the beginning or anything, it's ONLY the arrival it seems to me. 

5 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

i saw the departure name listed next to the gate number. however MSFS doesn't actually add the departure to the route. there are no extra waypoints at the beginning or anything, it's ONLY the arrival it seems to me. 

Even more strange. MSFS shows the departure CALC3D. I looked at your plan and there is no SID information at all in there. Oh my!

Alex

• Like 1