Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

FSX SP1 Update:Beta

Hi Phil, thanks for your work, is there a list of fixes/improvements and what not somewhere on your website?Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

When we post the beta, we will provide information in the beta forum on what has seen improvements and needs testing. Otherwise orderly testing cannot proceed :-).It is still an open question how explicit we can be in public once we ship. I would like to be more but we will see.

Thanks for the feedback, take your time with it.

Hope they get better.... make them soup or something ;)Take care,

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest dpc

Phil,It's great that you come on and keep the community up to date like this. It is appreciated. Looking forward to the release. Thanks.

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Get them some Zicam!!!!Seriously though, take your time, get it right, make us happy! (Or at least those of us who haven't already blown you guys off, there are MANY of us hanging in there who are in love with FSX over FS9...)Can't wait to see the results and hopefully they will make a decent impact on my machine.--Mike

Guest CaptGord

Thanks a bunch Phil (and the rest of ACES)!I finally have my wife talked in to approving an impending upgrade and my index finger is just itching to click "Checkout" for my parts. I am quite eager to hear/see the results of SP1. I have faith in you folks!Cheers from sub-zero Newfoundland,Gord NoseworthySt. John's, NLCanada

"It is still an open question how explicit we can be in public once we ship. I would like to be more but we will see."While generally interested in how perf was obtained/addressed, I would be more interested in the specific details on any "non-perf" issues that you guys had time to build into SP1, "before" we click the install button.Mainly talking about any simobject, texture or BGL modifications (if any) incorportated into SP1. Many have shared and applied lots of little fixes already to address things. If the updates only ammend the file and not overwrite it, it's not so much an issue I presume. But a list of files that get modified/edited would still be a benefit, thus knowing what to back up in case we need to re-apply a specific mod if nessasary. This would save alot of time, and that would be greatly appreciated.Thanks again for keeping us updated.Regards'Garett

Guest gmark

Phil,Thanks for the update. As a PM in the real world, my schedules are getting blasted due to illnesses as well.Cheers!Graham

Guest GA Flyer

Phil,If you can not mention everything to the public about what's in Beta by feature or item, could you consider telling the public a total count of items? Perhaps in catergories of what area they address.

>"It is still an open question how explicit we can be in>public once we ship. I would like to be more but we will>see.">>While generally interested in how perf was obtained/addressed,>I would be more interested in the specific details on any>"non-perf" issues that you guys had time to build into SP1,>"before" we click the install button.>>Mainly talking about any simobject, texture or BGL>modifications (if any) incorportated into SP1. Many have>shared and applied lots of little fixes already to address>things. If the updates only ammend the file and not overwrite>it, it's not so much an issue I presume. But a list of files>that get modified/edited would still be a benefit, thus>knowing what to back up in case we need to re-apply a specific>mod if nessasary. This would save alot of time, and that would>be greatly appreciated.>>Thanks again for keeping us updated.>>Regards'>>GarettActually it is a bigger problem if the update amends a file vs overwriting it. That's because, the update would undoubtedly use a checksum check to verify the file they are modifying could be updated, if the file is different than stock, the update will fail, forcing you to put back the originals or do a full reinstall. If it just overwrites the file, the checksum check may not be necessary. (Although they still may choose to use it, in which case the same situation would apply.)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I have to check what the installer will do, but you shouldnt expect to keep any changes you made to RTM. Backing up all changes is obviously the safe thing to do.Talking about the fixes themselves in public is going to be hard enough. We'll just have to see how the beta goes, where we will talk about the specific fixs to set test expectations, and gauge things from there.

I've got some Scenery Update file setup.exe (8253Kb) from Nov 2006. Unfortunately I did not download any readme/description page with it. What was that if anyone can still remember?Thanks.