Sign in to follow this  
dresoccer4

Powerlines

1 hour ago, mamu82 said:

https://flightsim.to/file/14840/project-litfts-europe

Still there, a parenthesis get caugh in the link, Sorry for wasting you time!!

About the removal thing, my understaning Is that they are removing mods that are widely known to be not compatible!

It says it's not compatible with SU5, is that the case or is it safe to add? Looks like a great mod, I didn't even know there were that many cable cars. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

On topic, I have seen powerlines in the US. I often fly out of 1S2 (Darrington Municipal / Orbx airport) north through the valley towards 3W5 (Concrete /Orbx airport), and there are powerlines going through that valley. 

For the modders out there, if you can't remove them and add your own, is there a way to add your own model instead? For example, many powerlines have the red/orange markers on them to make them more visible to aviation traffic. Maybe that's possible to add?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, dresoccer4 said:

i see this on a lot of mods and it makes me nervous

Compatibility with Sim Update 5 has not yet been confirmed.

How does a mod confirm its compatibility?

That doesn't mean it won't work correctly and not cause problems. It only means the author has not confirmed yet that it still works correctly and doesn't have/cause problems.

James

39 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

On topic, I have seen powerlines in the US. I often fly out of 1S2 (Darrington Municipal / Orbx airport) north through the valley towards 3W5 (Concrete /Orbx airport), and there are powerlines going through that valley. 

For the modders out there, if you can't remove them and add your own, is there a way to add your own model instead? For example, many powerlines have the red/orange markers on them to make them more visible to aviation traffic. Maybe that's possible to add?

Even if we could find the model, which I've never tried, the replacement would replace ALL power lines. 

My plan is to add a red/white model and replace only those lines that are near airports. Step two would be removing misplaced power lines. Then maybe make some models to better represent local styles of these and how tall they are (if data is available) Of course it depends if it won't kill FPS.

I think Asobo wants to add that option till the end of the year, but knowing them realistically it will be around March 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Republic3D said:

It says it's not compatible with SU5, is that the case or is it safe to add? Looks like a great mod, I didn't even know there were that many cable cars. 

Thanks for pointing this out, 

it is compatible, I've update its status on flightsim.to

By the way, I haven't received any notice or instructions from them about the need to update my files,

About being a great mod...you are the judge, as long as all kind comments from other users 😄

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mamu82 said:

By the way, I haven't received any notice or instructions from them about the need to update my files,

Same here. My users kindly notified me quite early.

• Like 2

I love the ski lift mod!  Will download it and wait for the North American version too.

On power lines, I thought a previous sim update (or maybe the US world update?) added some?

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

It did. But only 2 types, sometimes put on final where there are none and only one colour variant. 

Asobo takes into account just basic osm tags usually, so their additions like these are not that varied.

Edited by PuffinFlight
Grammar
  • Like 1