Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Beechcraft Debonair 35 on Simmarket

Spotted a thread on this new release over on the official forum and at first glance it looks interesting.

https://secure.simmarket.com/brsimdesigns-debonair-35-msfs.phtml
https://www.brsimdesigns.com/debonair-35/

There's a few comments pointing out issue remaining with the devs previous EMB200 Ipanema so that and a price a bit higher than my limit for picking up a plane on a whim are persuading me that I should wait for reviews to start appearing.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

Thanks for the heads up, looks interesting. Can't wait to see the reviews on this.  If it proves to be a good model with great flight dynamics (the screenshots look good) this will be one I'll pick up.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Does look interesting.  Shame it is not from a few years earlier with a V Tail 😄

Waiting for reviews is sensible - but do not get over concerned about neg posts on main forums as they are a super narky bunch who often claim stuff along the lines of they will never buy from a developer ever again because something irrelevant like the switch for the heated pilot seat is inop on the last release and they have refused to fix it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Does look interesting.  Shame it is not from a few years earlier with a V Tail 😄

I thought Debonairs were all straight tail?  Anyway, looks like nice airplane but I'm hesitant to buy from unknown developer. Are the like Carenado level?

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I thought Debonairs were all straight tail?  Anyway, looks like nice airplane but I'm hesitant to buy from unknown developer. Are the like Carenado level?

Possibly, I think they may have been one of the very first straight tails though.

The dev also made that weird little Brazilian agriplane/crop-duster thing for MSFS -  but I do not have that one so no idea personally what this dev is like.

Assuming some good reviews I might grab it - be nice to have a steam gauge Bonanza.

7 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Carenado level.... ship it and forget it? 😉

The more I read up on the Debonair the more I want this model to turn out to be good 🙂

Ok, somebody has to bite the bullet here. I don't get paid for another week and a half so ...................

Just now, 6297J said:

Ok, somebody has to bite the bullet here. I don't get paid for another week and a half so ...................

We need an AVSim slush fund that people can contribute to that can be used to compensate any buyers who end up with a poor plane when trying out one for the forum 🙂

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Possibly, I think they may have been one of the very first straight tails though.

The dev also made that weird little Brazilian agriplane/crop-duster thing for MSFS -  but I do not have that one so no idea personally what this dev is like.

Assuming some good reviews I might grab it - be nice to have a steam gauge Bonanza.

I will wait for brave, I actually flew Debonair for quite while. Actually parking it was harder than flying it(pic below) LOL

IMG_2579.jpg?width=914&height=609

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I will wait for brave, I actually flew Debonair for quite while. Actually parking it was harder than flying it(pic below) LOL

IMG_2579.jpg?width=914&height=609

I'm afraid if you have real-life experience you are the best qualified of us to pass judgement and so the job is yours.... 😉

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Matchstick said:

I'm afraid if you have real-life experience you are the best qualified of us to pass judgement and so the job is yours....

I feel like I will be disappointed, so I will let youtubers go first!

• Like 1

Life is disappointment, anyone who says otherwise is selling something 🙂
(With apologies to William Goldman)

Edited by Matchstick

Bit the bullet on it, review later today. I am so good that I shall even put off playing with my shiny new Rickenbacker Bass which arrived in the post today; that certainly is very shiny. 🎸

Some info on this thing: 533.2 Kb download file. Costs 24 quid/28 Euros. Two PDF manuals, one is 14 pages and covers the add-on, one is a single page with checklists. Eight paint jobs, goes in the Community folder and you can see the aircraft config file.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 8

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here