Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

FSX Screen funnies

Guest scotthendry

Is anyone else have odd things with the displays?I've installed FSX under XP and using the Baron58, I'm having funny probs with the displays. Quite a lot really and I don't know whether they are fixable with CFG changes or what. For instance:Somewhere along the line, my pilot stopped moving when I move the controls.I usually use the 2D panel and switch it on and off with the W command. When I'm looking at the minipanel and look left and right with the hat key, the 3d cockpit shows on the side and angle views. This is different from what FS9 used to do.If I have the ATC panel showing and ask for pushback, the ATC panel dissapears.If I cycle through external views, when I get back inside the cockpit, the engine sound is different (a bit louder and well, just different)When I switch off the minipanel and have just the scenery showing, if I look to the sides or rear I can still see the nav lights and strobes and beacons.Sometimes a combination of switching off the minipanel and cycling through outside views seems to disable the 3d cockpit side views when the minipanel is back.Sometimes when the minipanel is showing, I get the minipanel in side and rear views instead of the 3d views.I could go on and on about weird things like this but you get the idea. Anyone else having these types of probs? Is there a central list somewhere of the things that ACES are working on?

Hi, I really think it has to do with what you call funnies !I don't find it FUNNY at all that as of this date I have had to reinstall this "program" over fifteen times because of "FUNNY" things that happen, but when I come on line and try to get an answer as to a fix I usually get flamed ' NOT FUNNY"TONY

Tony,Maybe if you made more of an attempt to post in a constructive manner, as opposed to hijacking some one else's thread to have a little rant, etc., you just might find a little more sympathy...This community, minus a few individuals, doesn't flame just for the fun of it; if that's the response you genuinely received, you are without a doubt the cause.So I guess the real question is, do you really want help, or just to moan ?

Regards,

Brian Doney