Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

How to turn off "Show ATC text" permanently?

Guest dswo

The obvious answer is, "Uncheck it in settings." But the next time I load FSX, it's checked again.

>The obvious answer is, "Uncheck it in settings." But the next>time I load FSX, it's checked again.Sounds to me like your fsx.cfg file got write protected some how. Check it by right clicking it and select properties. If "Read Only" is checked click it off. Settings also won't take if the FSX terminates abnormally!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest dswo

>Sounds to me like your fsx.cfg file got write protected some>how. Check it by right clicking it and select properties. If>"Read Only" is checked click it off. Settings also won't take>if the FSX terminates abnormally!Thanks for the suggestions. I have verified that "Read Only" is not checked. I have also inspected fsx.cfg manually, after exiting FSX with "Show ATC text" unchecked. The relevant line reads:ShowATCText=0But when I reload FSX, "Show ATC Text" is checked again. Exit FSX, inspect fsx.cfg, and the relevant line now reads:ShowATCText=1

The only other reason, I have seen this is if you were in demo mode, then it will won't save settings! Other then that, I can't think of anything else that could cause that!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest dswo

No, not in demo mode. I bought FSX the day it was released, and I don't think I've ever been able to get this variable to stick. I take it this works for other people?

Guest RonB49

>>It's broken, David. Call it a bug.>>Best regards.>>LuisBut this doesn't make sense. It's not broke for me, why is it broken for David? I turned it off day one and it has been off since then. Why is my copy different than his? R-

Guest WWFII

>>>>It's broken, David. Call it a bug.>>>>Best regards.>>>>Luis>>But this doesn't make sense. It's not broke for me, why is it>broken for David? I turned it off day one and it has been off>since then. Why is my copy different than his? R->< Insult to fellow simmer not necessary -removed>I have the problem, too. If you choose to disable ATC Text, and promptly exit the game, it will set it to 0. However, once you've loaded the game again to make another flight, it will be set to 1 again. I would call this a bug.

A couple of suggestions:1. Try deleting FSX.CFG and letting FSX build another one.2. Ensure that there aren't two lines with the ATC text switch in the FSX.CFG. Just trying to be helpful. I had a similar problem when I started with FSX but it went away don't know why.John

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I spent quite a bit of time researching this, to try to fix it. It is definitely a bug; I'm surprised that it doesn't affect everyone.Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest The B of BLT

Create (using the Flight Save commands) a new default flight with the "Show ATC Text" turned offHope this helps

Guest RonB49

>Create (using the Flight Save commands) a new default flight>with the "Show ATC Text" turned off>>Hope this helpsTHAT'S IT ! ! !I've been going nuts here, trying to remember what I did to fix this problem. Thanks for the reminder. R-

Guest dswo

>Create (using the Flight Save commands) a new default flight>with the "Show ATC Text" turned offThat worked for me too, B. Thank you.

Another fine example of a proclaimed "bug" being nothing more than user(memory) error.:)Visit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors