Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Click Fly at 55% Freeez!!!!!

I get this alot, any one here get it and any ideas? You have to CTRL+ALT+ DEL and end task....and like this post it started on surprise...surprise....SU5

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-freezes-when-loading-into-airports-airfields-su5-and-wu6/432811

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Is it every flight? I had a similar issue, logging out and back into my MS account fixed it. Hasn’t happened to me in over a month.

Also it’s spelled ‘surprise’

Edited by Tuskin38

This whole crash fest started when Asobo improved performance by rewriting core aspects of the sim to use multi threading. When i was helping one of the developers at WT track down a bug in NXi he discovered that it was related to threading, and only impacted users with faster PCs. It goes something like this. One thread starts to load the scenery while another thread loads the airplane. Maybe a third loads the weather. When the sim tries to call the weather to update your screen, the weather thread appears to have completed, but in reality that thread is gone. So…CTD. They had to add extra checks to verify the weather thread was still there. This is from memory, and i have never actually seen the code, but it comes down to a timing issue. On a fast machine maybe the weather thread finishes faster, and then gets flushed from memory before it can be used. 

One possible temporary fix might be to under clock faster cpus. I have mine under-clocked to 4.5 GHz and it is far more stable than it was at 5 GHz. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Is it every flight? I had a similar issue, logging out and back into my MS account fixed it. Hasn’t happened to me in over a month.

Also it’s spelled ‘surprise’

Thank you for the idea I will try.

Its a very strange one. Its not every flight, Ive done a lot of flights over the last 2 days. But I went to do a flight from KTEB paywear airport and boom. Trust me its not the airport it can be any. Once it starts its hard to get to any airport. It started today after a flight I did, I got "check your internet blar blar blar" it then told be 10 seconds later am fine again!!!. You could not make this boo up sometimes. The post I linked is very long but the last post says its tail numbers.....no its not that, but says turn off all "online date" and that sorts it. Could be that will try.

If its tied do some bug to do with connection lose!!! thats not lost, but MSFS say so, so it must be!!!🙄, thats the only reply that seems to hold any hope.....

2 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Never had that. 

Good for you, very helpfull. Thank you for your contribution. Pop that into the MSFS post about it, they can all learn from your input.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

go to settings and clear cache. That always works for me and I can always tell when its not going to load because it stops at the exact same place

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Thank you for the idea I will try.

But I went to do a flight from KTEB paywear airport and boom.

I would remove that payware to start. I had to reinstall FB KDEN after I had problems with it. If you remove it and it loads, then try to reinstall it, and see what happens. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I had such hangup only once, and it was caused by a mod. Took me some time to isolate but I was able to pinpoint (and delete) it.

Kind regard, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 minute ago, devgrp said:

go to settings and clear cache. That always works for me and I can always tell when its not going to load because it stops at the exact same place

Never had a cache, never use it. Its turned off. But thank you for the thought/idea.

Your right it does stop at the same place every time it happens around 55%-57%

1 minute ago, pmb said:

I had such hangup only once, and it was caused by a mod. Took me some time to isolate but I was able to pinpoint (and delete) it.

Kind regard, Michael

People have it with 0 mods and zero in community folder. But thanks for the thought Michael. I will try later the All online data off the very last poster says.

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Never had a cache, never use it. Its turned off. But thank you for the thought/idea.

Your right it does stop at the same place every time it happens around 55%-57%

it doesnt matter if you dont use cache, some if always there. I dont use it either but I can do a flight and then an hr later and it hangs. Deleting the cache always sort it out. Try it

2 minutes ago, devgrp said:

it doesnt matter if you dont use cache, some if always there. I dont use it either but I can do a flight and then an hr later and it hangs. Deleting the cache always sort it out. Try it

I am not sure how I can delete something thats not there? How do you do that?

20 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Good for you, very helpfull. Thank you for your contribution. Pop that into the MSFS post about it, they can all learn from your input.

You do seem to be plagued with issues of one kind or another. Hope you find out what you are doing wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

In the settings where you create the cache.  There is a button to Delete cache that is active whether the cache is turned on or not.

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

do like I said go to settings and click on the delete button for cache. You should notice that even if you dont have rolling cache enabled, the delete button is still highlighted. And it cant help to try right? You have nothing to lose