Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Click Fly at 55% Freeez!!!!!

OK Guys I will try, thank you.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Sigwolf said:

In the settings where you create the cache.  There is a button to Delete cache that is active whether the cache is turned on or not.

right , the cache is always active but you can set a wider area if you turn it on

• Like 1

devgrp's suggestion is definitely worth a try.  I haven't set a cache since the start of the year, but I 'deleted' it after SU5 and had less problems. 

I also still found the 20GB file reserved on my SSD even after pressing the delete button, which was strange.  I deleted the file manually afterwards to regain some space.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 minutes ago, sharky44 said:

Very intresting read. Its seem they are fixing it with the SU6, expected in October.

Thank you for that. Its seems also to point to online date, bing etc. Deleting cashe can fix it sometimes but it sounds like the turning off all date allows a load. Will test later.

Thanks again for the link.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks to @devgrp, I was always wondering why there was a Cache Delete button when I didn't define a Cache.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

58 minutes ago, 6297J said:

You do seem to be plagued with issues of one kind or another. Hope you find out what you are doing wrong

"What I am going wrong". You mean the bug thats going to get fixed in SU6, yer......well done!!!

"plagued with issues" Could you name all of them. The issues that are my fault or what am doing wrong? List these "plagued with issues" go on!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

"What I am going wrong". You mean the bug thats going to get fixed in SU6, yer......well done!!!

They must be cleaning under the bridges again - they are out in force today!  😆

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I get this alot, any one here get it and any ideas? You have to CTRL+ALT+ DEL and end task....and like this post it started on surprise...surprise....SU5

It's happened to me on several occasions in the last week or so, all since the hotfix. A reboot fixes it.

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

They must be cleaning under the bridges again - they are out in force today!  😆

It must be day release Rob 🤣

• Like 1

I am having this occasionally. In my case there is always a addon from flightsim.to that cause the problem.Luckily i use addon linker so now i have a directory called New. Every new addon from flightsim.to i put it in New. When it freez i know that the mod in New is the cullprit, so instand delete for me. I had to delte several H145 liveries and even R44 liveries.

• Like 1

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

46 minutes ago, devgrp said:

go to settings and clear cache. That always works for me and I can always tell when its not going to load because it stops at the exact same place

Clearing the cache may not necessarily fix the problem. Some of the 3rd party devs know about this and as virtuali from FSDreamTeam said, deleting the rolling cache doesn't necessarily fix the problem: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/2196/sim-freezes-when-loading-around-60-with-3rd-party.html?page=3&pageSize=10&sort=oldest

This problem arose with SU5 with marketplace purchases of 3rd party scenery.  You can see from the link above that a number of 3rd party dev sceneries are affected, including FSDreamTeam, Dr Zewiecki Design, Sam Scene 3D, etc.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Thanks for the link.  A lot of 3rd party devs are experiencing this.

Yes its a great Link as I use nothing but 3rd party airports. A wonderfully helpfull link. Some people are a great help, other are as useful as a chocolate kettle.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4

I turned off my Rolling Cache and deleted the rolling cache file. Now I can load a flight into Denver, KDEN. This would always freeze at about the 55% load point. I then turned the Rolling Cache back on and can still load into KDEN, so clearing the rolling cache file seems to have helped, at least for now.

What would be considered a 'moderate' size for the Rolling Cache? I don't use any add on scenery if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Al

EDIT: The sim freezing problem when trying to load into Denver returned after another flight, so no real solution with the above.

Edited by ark