Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Click Fly at 55% Freeez!!!!!

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I get this alot, any one here get it and any ideas? You have to CTRL+ALT+ DEL and end task....and like this post it started on surprise...surprise....SU5

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-freezes-when-loading-into-airports-airfields-su5-and-wu6/432811

I'm having exactly the same issue after SU5. It can be quite frustrating.

My findings (so far):

1. Clearing the Cache did not solve the issue.

2. Clearing the CF did not solve the issue. It happens even with all mods disabled.

3. It does not happen all the time. It's curious to me that KTEB is giving problems to certain users and to me is one of the airports I load without issues, but KLGA for example and KTMB give me trouble very frequently.

4. I fly often in South America, and there I never have experienced this issue.

My conclusion: I won't waste more time on this trying to find out an offending add-on. It's likely another Asobo bug. Hopefully it's solved by SU6, now that some big players are very aware of the issue (FSDT, DD), and I tend to agree with Umberto (FSDT) that the issues are caused by the Bing data.

And thanks for the useful posts links, very useful.

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

34 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Clearing the cache may not necessarily fix the problem. Some of the 3rd party devs know about this and as virtuali from FSDreamTeam said, deleting the rolling cache doesn't necessarily fix the problem: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/2196/sim-freezes-when-loading-around-60-with-3rd-party.html?page=3&pageSize=10&sort=oldest

This problem arose with SU5 with marketplace purchases of 3rd party scenery.  You can see from the link above that a number of 3rd party dev sceneries are affected, including FSDreamTeam, Dr Zewiecki Design, Sam Scene 3D, etc.

Not in my case. I've had this happen before SU5 and I've also had it happen with an empty community folder. Like I said, I can do a flight and then an hr later go back to the same place and it would hang

This is strange I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem for the last 3 hours thinking I was the only one with this problem.

I am lucky in that I never usually gets CDT's so I assume I have a stable system, but this 'flight loading' problem has only just started.  Now I know other sim pilots are having this problem I'm convinced its another bug introduced with one of the latest updates.

Glen

7 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

This is strange I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem for the last 3 hours thinking I was the only one with this problem.

I am lucky in that I never usually gets CDT's so I assume I have a stable system, but this 'flight loading' problem has only just started.  Now I know other sim pilots are having this problem I'm convinced its another bug introduced with one of the latest updates.

It really isn't a "stable system" problem, for the vast majority of users. The problem is when you start breaking processes into multiple threads the components of one system might contribute to the completion of threads faster than another system will. So them timing becomes an issue, unless the underlying code is written to handle those timing issues properly. And at least in the case of the bug I was involved in testing, timing issues are causing crashes. I believe this is an issue that only Asobo can resolve. Either they need to make some code changes, or they need to provide instructions to developers on how to deal with these timing issues.   

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Right Guys....

First thing I want to do is thank the people who have contributed to this topic.

devgrp/Sigwolf For pointing out that you can first try deleting you cache even if you dont have one, it works for some and thats the best option to try first.

I huge thank you goes to sharky, you have linked to a fantastic post/topic and shed some real light on this. Leading to...

This is a known bug and its said it will be fixed in SU6 in October, great news for all that see this. Go read his link to see what the probelm is.

I got home tonight and first tried the a cache delete it did not work saddly for me. Now after KTEB not loading/lock up around 8 times with no hope, I tried the...

Turn off online data.

BOOM! KTEB loaded after loading I then went into setting and reset it  back ON, got the the right bottom white ring and nothing else for around 30 seconds as it loaded everything in and .....perfect.

Hopefully now anyone reading this topic can have two ways to fix it untill SU6.

Many thanks guys these forums are great for us all helping each other out, only a few here are "special needs" but topics and out comes like this show how great this forum can me.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 6

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I had it yestreday for the first time with the fbw dev version, looking  at the task manager, fs was still running but nothing was happening. changed airport and it was ok. Thank you for the information.

Edited by webstef68