Sign in to follow this  
frankla

DX10 picture..

Guest Captain Behrentzs

It has.Anyways, I'm really looking forward to see it too! It looks amazing! :(---------------------------------------Kasper BehrentzsDenmarkMY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.com

Bert, I do believe (and someone correct me if I am wrong as I am sure someone will... :) ), that is an artist's rendition of what is expected.

Guest Ken_Verga

It is an artist's rendition of what DX10 will look like

Guest WWFII

>>It is an artist's rendition of what DX10 will look like Exactly. Don't allow the Flight Simulator X logo on the bottom-left fool you...

Yes, those are the DX10 "magic screenies" that I promised to discuss in the future; once we have made progress on DX10. That way I can comment to what is actually going to make it in DX10 rather than either what the images show or the initial plan.

Just wait until Fall of 2007. Then you can see something that doesn't look remotely as good as that, but if you're big into hype there will be plenty to go around!

OK.. thanks for clarifying that... I can stop holding my breath then :-)

Bert

hhehe. Wouldn't change a thing. There was a big discussion about that, too, McCrash.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest SkyDrift

I can see DX10 making significant improvements to lighting effects such as simulated in the impression, but volumetric water (e.g. the 'wavelettes" portrayed) - would that not also need some changes in how FSX simulates water today? It would be soooo cool if it did, & I'm sure future trainsimmers would appreciate it too, since they will be travelling so much closer to ground level... :>)

>I can see DX10 making significant improvements to lighting>effects such as simulated in the impression, but volumetric>water (e.g. the 'wavelettes" portrayed) - would that not also>need some changes in how FSX simulates water today? It would>be soooo cool if it did, & I'm sure future trainsimmers would>appreciate it too, since they will be travelling so much>closer to ground level... :>)I believe that was done with an eye towards geometry shaders, that could deform or create water geometry (i.e. waves) then pass the vertices back to the pipeline where wave height would determine coloration or other pixel shaders, for example, things like the whitecaps.Of course, this is all just my speculation. I was certainly not the artist, but when trying to correlate the decisions made when creating that rendition with the new features, that's what I thought of.

This is your work?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest SimDog

Maybe we should get back to accurate flight simulation features and leave the waves for BoatSim?SD