Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

2D panel view moves with TIR

Now 2D panel moves with my head (TIR4). I change between 2D/VC with F9/F10.Please help. Thanks.

Let me put it like this: the 2D view is panable by my TrackIR, which already drives me crazy now. How to stop it? I broke some settings when, I think, I went to the 1st pilot seat and changed to 2D panel view from there. Now I can't stop the 2D panel pan with my head movement(TrackIR). Please help.Thanks.

I can't believe no one has commented. I've reinstalled FSX completely on a fresh OS and now it turns out TrackIR drives 2D panel view by default?! I heard things about FSX but couldn't believe it was that stupid. Try yourself with TIR: go 2D panel view and bob you head, the panel will dance along.I've seen a few camera utilites that stop TrackIR paning in the spotview, but I don't care about those atm. I really hope yet there should be a working solution.

Guest UlfB

Hi,Maybe it's because your problem isn't clearly defined in your posts.You cannot change to VC and fly with TIR? If this is your problem, I don't have any good advice, other than to check that the ac you fly actually have a VC.The ac you load loads with the 2D panel and not with the VC? You may change the default view in the FSX settings (Settings Display - Aircraft tab).You want to pan the 2D panel and not only the outside view? This isn't possible. TIR is to be used with the VC.Hope this helps.Ulf B :-)

Thanks, Ulf. I wonder if you ever flew with TrackIR in any previous FS version. If so, you might remember that by cycling views with "s" (or Shift+s) keystrokes you can change between VC and 2D panel views in, say, FS9 version. Does it ring a bell here yet? Moving on then, with your TrackIR engaged (tracking) in VC view, you can switch back to 2D panel view (Shift+s) and get a fixed (non panning) screen of the panel and the front view of what is seen behind the panel, and it is all still, stationary. Now, try it in FSX: in VC view with your TrackIR engaged, hit "Shift+a" to switch to 2D panel view and see what you'll get. Hope this helps.Dirk. :-)PS: you'll get a 2D panel panning all over the screen along with the movement of your head. Looks and feels quite stupid. You can, of course, disable TrackIR, prior to swapping the view, but it is really superfluous, coz it had worked straight even in FS2002, and, besides, can easily go haywire out of sync in FSX.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

One of the new features of FSX is the expansion of TrackIR into the different view modes. You still have use of the TrackIR in the "Virtual Cockpit" mode, with full 6 DOF support, but this has also been expanded to the other views as well. As always, to disable the TrackIR rotation in the different view modes, just press the F9 key (default) to pause the TrackIR software. "2D Cockpit" mode - TrackIR has support for head movement in both the Yaw and Pitch axes.Outside View: Tail

Guest UlfB

Dirk,I know what you mean. But I haven't really seen it as a problem. I've assinged a button on my joystick to pause TIR, which I frequently use when I don't want TIR to be active. The only times when I get out of sync is when I move my head to far away from the TIR, and that's easily fixed with F12. I've ordered the TIR4 and I hope that this will reduce the out of sync problem a little bit.As I said, not a problem to me. But if somebody know a way to automatically disable/enable TIR depending on the active view, that would be nice :-)I'm sorry that I couldn't help you out on this one.Ulf B

>One of the new features of FSX is the expansion of TrackIR>into the different view modes. You still have use of the>TrackIR in the "Virtual Cockpit" mode, with full 6 DOF>support, but this has also been expanded to the other views as>well. As always, to disable the TrackIR rotation in the>different view modes, just press the F9 key (default) to pause>the TrackIR software. >>"2D Cockpit" mode - TrackIR has support for head movement in>both the Yaw and Pitch axes.>>Outside View: Tail

Thanks for following up, Ulf. TIR4 doesn't really go out of sync due to your extreme head deflections. It's all about switchology and programming of your joystick. Really hard to explain in details (and not really needed atm), but trust me, life would be much easier if TrackIR just didn't work in 2D panel view, or better could be changed in the settings.As I've mentioned, if I can get rid of right/central/gauges views cycle completely, it can somewhat help my problem. Since you'll end up hitting only one button to swap between 2D and VC, hence less chances you'll get out of sync with TrackIR on/off. Any more ideas?

Guest UlfB

Dirk,I use F10 to goto 2D view and Shift F11 to goto VC (and F11 to goto locked spot view). I've reassigned a lot of shortcut keys, so I cannot say if the above are the default. Don't you use those shortcuts to change views?Ulf B :-)

Get JAB_FSX.zip here at Avsim.It will pause TrackIr whenever you leave the VC then unpause when you return to VC.Has some other neat features too.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

>Dirk,>>I use F10 to goto 2D view and Shift F11 to goto VC (and F11 to>goto locked spot view). I've reassigned a lot of shortcut>keys, so I cannot say if the above are the default. Don't you>use those shortcuts to change views?>>Ulf B :-)No, Ulf.I'm rather looking into cycle options with "a".Dirk.

>Get JAB_FSX.zip here at Avsim.It will pause TrackIr whenever>you leave the VC then unpause when you return to VC.Has some>other neat features too.RonThanks, Ron. I noticed and downloaded this utility and left it for installation shortly. I read about synchronization in the readme and decided to try and search for a solution a little more.By any chance, does anyone know how to remove Right Seat, Center Console, Engine Controls and Overhead Cockpit Views from changing cycle with "a" key? I would have then only Cockpit and Virtual Cockpit views for easy cange between them.Thanks again.

Synchronization is no problem.Set your AC to start in VC or if when you start and it is in 2d and Trackir is active,just hit f9 to pause it and you are synchronized.I have JAB programmed to start TrackIr before starting FS.Works great.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.