Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Google Earth -Berlin

Guest Go Packers

For those of you who fly to see the world...you have got to check this out....This is the future of flight simulators...at least terrein wize....I just dont know how ACEES could ever compete with the detail....there is a way to "fly".(as that term is used loosely).off of a 360 contoller..I did not try my Joy stick and throttle to see if that works...You have to down load a link it doesnt just appear.....and it takes awhile to load the buildings....http://www.3d-stadtmodell-berlin.de/3d/en/...1.jsp?nav1=openI know the issue on terrein in FS 11 has been very hashed out in discussions ...but man how cool this would be if ACES could incorporate the two....FS and GE or more likly VEHappy flyin Jareth

"The present model covers about 10% of the area of Berlin and therefore constitutes only a small sample of the official three-dimensional city model of Berlin."When they get 100% of one city, I'll be impressed. :(

When they have the whole earth modelled and renderable in real-time with no loading delays, then I'll be a believer... :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest cbuchner1

You have to open Google Earth through the "special link" on the Stadtmodell 3D Berlin web site. If that still does not work, check if the extra "layer" that this link added, is actually checked (activated) in the listview on the left side of the screen.It appears to be a 3rd party layer added to Google Earth through their APIs. So the content is not hosted on Google servers and the only way to get it is through the German language web site.Christian

Guest wyoming

What the link did for me was to import the 3D buildings in my link to GE. I was expecting something to open after the click but nothing such happened. On the other hand when I zoomed on Berlin there were lots of little flags indicating the areas where the 3D buildings were.

Guest wyoming

over an exactly reproduced area, larger than an airport (not counting the superflat rwys), in any flight simulator, I'll be impressed. Roads and streets where they are, not running across malls, actual buildings not awkward imitations, exact landclass not ballpark approximations, accurate ground/water boundaries, accurate lighting, etc.On the other hand, I would also be impressed if I could fly over a completetly invented area but aesthetically perfect. I am not impressed by compromises that sorta mix the two. I suport any initiative that takes a stand by pushing the boundaries in any of the two.

Guest Phantoms

That was opened straight from the link.