Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

FSD Saratoga....Anybody have?

>>Do you have damage turned on in FSX?>>Does the FSD Saratoga have it's own damage setting?>>>>FSD planes have "persistent damage modeling" which you can>control from the Load Manager. But I'm not sure if it effects>anything other than the engines. I'll have to explore a>little more to be sure.>>Jim>Can you turn the 'persistent damage modeling' off in the Load Manager?

Guest JimC1702

>Can you turn the 'persistent damage modeling' off in the Load>Manager?>Yes, you can set it for Easy, Intermediate, and Real World. There are many options you can set for sounds, yoke on or off, maintenance and repair options, passengers and baggage weights, etc.Jim

>>Can you turn the 'persistent damage modeling' off in the>Load>>Manager?>>>>Yes, you can set it for Easy, Intermediate, and Real World. >There are many options you can set for sounds, yoke on or off,>maintenance and repair options, passengers and baggage>weights, etc.>>Jim>How is the frame rate hit in FSX?I just might get this one.

Guest JimC1702

>>How is the frame rate hit in FSX?>>I just might get this one.>As I posted elsewhere in this thread, I haven't noticed any hit in frame rates, but I haven't flown it in any really dense areas yet, just around upstate NY. And I'm only using a P4 2.6 with 2 gb of RAM and a 256 mb 7600GT video card.Jim

Hello JeffDoes this plane have reflective glass

Yes, Geofa.XP is "history" on my system. 2 weeks ago I installed Vista Ultimate by upgrading XP. Had a few issues with X-Fi sound card, but Creative finally came out with a Vista driver. Otherwise, I'm running the Beta Nvidia drivers, as you are.I love the feel of the Saratoga, but since I've never been in one, I can't be really sure of the realism. But I set it to Full Realism in the Configurator that came with it. I like it.

Been looking at this one, whats up with the blurry textures, this normal or is texture detail turned down?Also how did you get to the cabin, is it configured in the camera cfg with the aircraft?Regards, MichaelKDFWNot anti FS9, just pro FSX!

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

I have my details at maximum with the same result.First of all i like to confirm that the Saratoga has an excellent air file. It's (together with the SF260)the most realistic flying model i experienced so far. Very well done indeed!Regarding the exterior and interior quality i like to add, that this is everything else then FSD standard. You can't compare it to models like the FSD Porter, DreamFleet A36 or the actual SIAI Marchetti (or even the default FSX C208...). A polygon and texture update for the FSX model would be highly appreciated.Regards Heiko

Jim , thanks for posting that shot. No reflective glass inside the VC, but I also noticed that DF's new ArcherIII does not have it this time around either as thier A36 and B58 had it. I was thinking that maybe with the performance issues with FSX, and the fact these products are being made for both platforms, the Dev's decided to leave this option out as it can hurt performance further. I may be off here, but that is how I feel. Talking with Lou in DF's forums, he mentioned the reflective interior glass as not being very realistic. I respect his opinion very much. Not a really big deal. I would have liked to see this as an option in the configurator for each AC, so the user could turn it on and off like in the 36 and 58 models. Michael, the FSD has a slider in its configurator that allows you to choose between performance and quality. I have mine set somewhere in the middle, and some of the textures are somewhat blurry, but acceptable. I have active camera. I assume that some sort of ulility is needed to access the cabin beyond the default range. I know Flight1 has a freeware viewer, or payware: activecam, walk and follow. Hope this helps.

"No reflective glass inside the VC, but I also noticed that DF's new ArcherIII does not have it this time around either as thier A36 and B58 had it."The ArcherIII does have reflective glass texture. It's just turned down to a point it's barely noticeable. We talked about this during the beta were Lou opted for a much lighter approach. The same went for the prop animation. It's not as pronounced as with other DF releases. I for one am glade something is there for both versus nothing at all...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

FSD charges to much!Flight1 and Eaglesoft are more reasonable and have better aircraft.

>I have my details at maximum with the same result.>>First of all i like to confirm that the Saratoga has an>excellent air file. It's (together with the SF260)the most>realistic flying model i experienced so far. Very well done>indeed!>>Regarding the exterior and interior quality i like to add,>that this is everything else then FSD standard. You can't>compare it to models like the FSD Porter, DreamFleet A36 or>the actual SIAI Marchetti (or even the default FSX C208...). A>polygon and texture update for the FSX model would be highly>appreciated.>>>Regards HeikoHow is the burriness in the 2D and VC?