Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

FSD Saratoga....Anybody have?

Guest jgoldman

McCrash:The Saratoga Panel lighting system cannot be accessed through the keyboard. You must turn panel lights on via the 2D panel or the VC.The light switches are located under the Pilot's yoke.The first rotary switch is for panel lights.... In 2D use left mouse clicks. In VC use a combination of either left or right mouse clicks. the switch has three or four movements (dependent on type of Saratoga being used) is first click = panel lights are off, second click = back-lights gauges, third click = post lights, fourth click = flood lights.To remove the VC yokes.. you will find two small toggle switches on either side of the annunciator.. left removes the Pilot Yoke, Right removes the Copilots yoke (this will allow you easier access to some switches.The other two switches under the pilot yoke...center = cabin lightsright = wing lightHope this helps a bit.BestJim

Guest FLMach1

Mine worked like a charm for 1 day. It was a beautiful plane and flew great but then problems started. Now, after about 30 seconds of flying, the screen starts flashing very odd things and it's unflyable. When I try to ESC at that point, my whole system freezes and I have to restart my comp. I would post this over at their forum but when I try to login to their support forum with my username and password that they provided me tonight, it says my account has been deactivated. I'm sure that someone from FSD will respond to this. I'd like to buy a few more of their products if we can figure out what's wrong with the one I already have. Then I will post about how helpful they were and got my problem solved. Thanks in advance, FSD.FLMach1

Guest UlfB

FLMach1,You haven't posted yet on the FSD Support forum. Whatever happened with your problem? I'm curious by nature and I have a very strong feeling that your problems was caused by a hardware problem or graphics card driver problem.Ulf B

>McCrash:>>The Saratoga Panel lighting system cannot be accessed through>the keyboard. You must turn panel lights on via the 2D panel>or the VC.>>The light switches are located under the Pilot's yoke.>>The first rotary switch is for panel lights.... In 2D use left>mouse clicks. In VC use a combination of either left or right>mouse clicks. the switch has three or four movements>(dependent on type of Saratoga being used) is first click =>panel lights are off, second click = back-lights gauges, third>click = post lights, fourth click = flood lights.>>To remove the VC yokes.. you will find two small toggle>switches on either side of the annunciator.. left removes the>Pilot Yoke, Right removes the Copilots yoke (this will allow>you easier access to some switches.>>The other two switches under the pilot yoke...>center = cabin lights>right = wing light>>Hope this helps a bit.>>Best>>JimThanks, I now have lights.In 2D I think all lights are ok.There are two bugs though. But I can live with them.1. In VC the Nav Light on the Overhead acts like a dome light. lol Most likely an FSX bug.2. The two toggle switches on either side of the annunciator do remove the yokes. BUT when I click them again I get a smaller window of the VC, and that acts like the VC would; but the original larger VC is dead. Weird.Thanks to all for helping.I now have lights and I shall now eat me words.

>FLMach1,>>You haven't posted yet on the FSD Support forum. Whatever>happened with your problem? I'm curious by nature and I have a>very strong feeling that your problems was caused by a>hardware problem or graphics card driver problem.>>Ulf BPushing the correct switches at the right time in the right place did the trick.

>Mine worked like a charm for 1 day. It was a beautiful plane>and flew great but then problems started. Now, after about 30>seconds of flying, the screen starts flashing very odd things>and it's unflyable. When I try to ESC at that point, my whole>system freezes and I have to restart my comp. I would post>this over at their forum but when I try to login to their>support forum with my username and password that they provided>me tonight, it says my account has been deactivated. I'm sure>that someone from FSD will respond to this. I'd like to buy a>few more of their products if we can figure out what's wrong>with the one I already have. Then I will post about how>helpful they were and got my problem solved. Thanks in>advance, FSD.>FLMach1You might want to re-install the aircraft.At FSD forums you have to wait for them to activate your account.Probably whenever they get around to it.I think this forum activation method is just plan RUDE.

To anyone familar with the Saratoga.I have an alarm (beep) going off about every 10 seconds or so.I checked the DDMP Alarm setting and turned it off (asterisk gone).Still beeps. Checked the full and have plenty.Any ideas?

Guest FLMach1

I was kind of thinking it was a graphics card issue. I bought the card in December but I checked today and ATI updated the drivers in February, so I downloaded the new drivers. It fixed all the problems I was having and everything's back to normal. I'm a bit disappointed with FSD's tech support but I love the aircraft. It's an amazing plane. I will be purchasing more of their aircraft in the future. FWIW, I had that weird beeping thing going on when my flight was loading before I updated the drivers and it has now stopped.FLMach1

Guest jgoldman

You might be about to blow the engine...... check and see how hard you are driving the Saratoga.. reduce the RPM and fuel as well as pull the throttle back a bit. The warning beep is telling you that you are over-working the engine.As for the yokes.. did you try left clicking the switches to bring the yokes back?BestJim

>You might be about to blow the engine...... check and see how>hard you are driving the Saratoga.. reduce the RPM and fuel as>well as pull the throttle back a bit. The warning beep is>telling you that you are over-working the engine.>>As for the yokes.. did you try left clicking the switches to>bring the yokes back?>>Best>>JimYes!

>You might be about to blow the engine...... check and see how>hard you are driving the Saratoga.. reduce the RPM and fuel as>well as pull the throttle back a bit. The warning beep is>telling you that you are over-working the engine.>>As for the yokes.. did you try left clicking the switches to>bring the yokes back?>>Best>>JimBy the way, how long does it take to get accepted into your forums?

Guest SageWisdom

>At FSD forums you have to wait for them to activate your>account.>Probably whenever they get around to it.>I think this forum activation method is just plan RUDE.Waldo - was a time (long time) when that would have been a legit beef, but this is pretty much standard procedure on Internet forums now. I regsitered at simflight a while back and it took almost 2 days to get my login processed. Here is their policy:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=54972I don't blame them either. There are too many bratty kids and pranksters running loose on the internet these days.

>>At FSD forums you have to wait for them to activate your>>account.>>Probably whenever they get around to it.>>I think this forum activation method is just plan RUDE.>>Waldo - was a time (long time) when that would have been a>legit beef, but this is pretty much standard procedure on>Internet forums now. I regsitered at simflight a while back>and it took almost 2 days to get my login processed. Here is>their policy:>>http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=54972>>I don't blame them either. There are too many bratty kids and>pranksters running loose on the internet these days.>I've never had to wait before and it's not standard procedure.I'm not to only one waiting for FSD to respond.Besides you say 'there are too many bratty kids', how on Earth would they know what a person is like ahead of time. Physic?

Guest SteveS_FSD

> how long does it take to get accepted into your forums?Hours, and in most cases is only minutes if Tim or I are online at the time it is submitted - which allowing for our geographically diverse time zones is usually most of the day. All registrations that comply with our policy are processed on receipt but if a registration does not comply with our policy, or if we can't complete the incomplete data, then it is removed. We try and positively process incomplete registrations but sometimes we cannot and the registration is rejected.You got to remember that our support forum is just that - a support forum. If the registration you lodged complied with our policy, then it will have been activated on receipt. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing what happened to your particular registration for in this venue you choose to remain anonymous so we can't look for you by name on our forum user database where we currently have no record of anyone using the handle "McCrash".I hope this explanation is useful, and that it answers your question.Regards,http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Steve_signature.gif

>> how long does it take to get accepted into your forums?>>Hours, and in most cases is only minutes if Tim or I are>online at the time it is submitted - which allowing for our>geographically diverse time zones is usually most of the day.>>>All registrations that comply with our policy are processed on>receipt but if a registration does not comply with our policy,>or if we can't complete the incomplete data, then it is>removed. We try and positively process incomplete>registrations but sometimes we cannot and the registration is>rejected.>>You got to remember that our support forum is just that - a>support forum. >>If the registration you lodged complied with our policy, then>it will have been activated on receipt. Unfortunately, we have>no way of knowing what happened to your particular>registration for in this venue you choose to remain anonymous>so we can't look for you by name on our forum user database>where we currently have no record of anyone using the handle>"McCrash".>>I hope this explanation is useful, and that it answers your>question.>>Regards,>>http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Steve_signature.gifCheck your last six sales and see who has tried to register!