Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

FSD Saratoga....Anybody have?

Guest SteveS_FSD

>I'm not to only one waiting for FSD to respond.See my explanation elsewhere in this discussion, which may apply to those you allege are "waiting". Our policy is stated in our anchored post "New FSD Forum Registrations". It is perhaps useful to note that some other developers require you register - supplying your customer ID data - before you can even read their forums. .....Regards,http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Steve_signature.gif

Guest SageWisdom

>I've never had to wait before and it's not standard>procedure.>I'm not to only one waiting for FSD to respond.>>Besides you say 'there are too many bratty kids', how on Earth>would they know what a person is like ahead of time. Physic?Then I don't know what forums you are going to, because all of the leading flight sim forums have the same kind of rules and registration procedures as simflight, including the one you are on now.Sure its true that some forums on the Internet are like the wild west, and anyone can join and basically run amok. And it is quite easy to distinguish the writing of a mature adult from an ill mannered adolescent. All the leading flight sim forums went through that nightmare for a few years a decade ago, and that's why they all have pretty much identical forum rules and registration procedures.

>Lol, can

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>>I've never had to wait before and it's not standard>>procedure.>>I'm not to only one waiting for FSD to respond.>>>>Besides you say 'there are too many bratty kids', how on>Earth>>would they know what a person is like ahead of time. Physic?>>Then I don't know what forums you are going to, because all of>the leading flight sim forums have the same kind of rules and>registration procedures as simflight, including the one you>are on now.>>Sure its true that some forums on the Internet are like the>wild west, and anyone can join and basically run amok. And it>is quite easy to distinguish the writing of a mature adult>from an ill mannered adolescent. All the leading flight sim>forums went through that nightmare for a few years a decade>ago, and that's why they all have pretty much identical forum>rules and registration procedures.>I belong to at least 100 forums. Never a problem until FSD. lol

>>I belong to at least 100 forums. And I think my life is wasted with only five...L.Adamson

I'm interested in purchasing the AC. But I need to know if FSD will remove their gauge protection and allow me to add or remove gauges on the 2D and VC panels to my liking using FS Panel studio.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I have it and love it, but I'm using it in FS9. No hit on FPS with my mid to upper-end Dell XPS. As someone mentioned above, it was the plane that JFK Jr was flying on from Caldwell Essex County to Marth's Vineyard on that fateful summer evening in 1999. I have recreated that flight for FS, using weather from online reports of conditions as they were that night. Whenever I do that flight, I am always left wondering why, with such high tech avionics and autopilot, that flight ended the way it did. Avsim has understandably denied my posting the files in the past due to the circumstances surrounding the outcome of the flight and I suppose out of respect for the families. If anyone is interested in the flightplan and weather settings, email me and I'll forward them to you. Put "JFK Flight" in the email topic box to avoid the anti-spam folder.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MDjenchris1@verizon.net

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

>You might be about to blow the engine...... check and see how>hard you are driving the Saratoga.. reduce the RPM and fuel as>well as pull the throttle back a bit. The warning beep is>telling you that you are over-working the engine.>>As for the yokes.. did you try left clicking the switches to>bring the yokes back?>>Best>>JimI understand a bit more about the Saratoga now, and I really like the plane. I am refering to the Std model.The beeping is every three seconds.Excedence is RPM.But the rpm is only 2998 and I'm only using 68% power while climbing at 300 fpm at around 4000 agl. Of course flaps and gears are up.Fuel is 102 gals, two people, baggage is set at half in each location.The beeping never goes away even when adjusting the throttle!I don't see any red dots on the gauges either.

Guest UlfB

McCrash,I'm no export on this ac, but the specs included in the documentation say that the engine is 'rated' 2500 rpm. If you decrease the rpm I guess the beeping will go away.Ulf B

The RPM is prop RPM and should never exceed 2500 rpm. The throttle will have little or no effect on prop rpm at any climb or cruise settintg - you have to adjust prop rpm with ctl F2 or ctl F3 (or the FSX equivalent) or the prop lever. Your 2998 sounds like a manifold pressure reading.DJ

Guest SteveS_FSD

I think there may be a typo in the message above ... 2998 may have been meant to be typed as 2498 which is about what the tool-tip would report. The engine will not exceed 2500 RPM, which is the (governed) maximum RPM. The beeping may be due to engine abuse and/or damage modelling : you can use the Load Manager to effect maintenance and repairs. You can also change the way the system damage/maintenance alarms report the same way.Please contact us direct if you have ongoing problems......Regards,http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Steve_signature.gif

>I think there may be a typo in the message above ... 2998 may>have been meant to be typed as 2498 which is about what>the tool-tip would report. The engine will not exceed 2500>RPM, which is the (governed) maximum RPM. >>The beeping may be due to engine abuse and/or damage modelling>: you can use the Load Manager to effect maintenance and>repairs. You can also change the way the system>damage/maintenance alarms report the same way.>>Please contact us direct if you have ongoing problems.>.....>>Regards,>>http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Steve_signature.gifActually I was trying to keep the rpm at 3000. That's what is in the air file. But of course it should be 2500. At 2500 rpm I can just barely climb at 200 fpm at 89 knots. Is this about right?Also it's extremely difficult to set the throttle to 2500 rpm; it just will not stabilize, requiring constant adjustments every couple of minutes or so. Otherwize BEEP!

Guest UlfB

>Actually I was trying to keep the rpm at 3000. That's what is>in the air file. But of course it should be 2500. At 2500 rpm>I can just barely climb at 200 fpm at 89 knots. Is this about>right?>>Also it's extremely difficult to set the throttle to 2500 rpm;>it just will not stabilize, requiring constant adjustments>every couple of minutes or so. Otherwize BEEP!>Waldo,Don't try to adjust rpm with the throttle. And as said in a previous post in this thread: Use Ctrl+F2 to decrease rpm and Ctrl+F3 to increase rpm.Ulf B

>>Actually I was trying to keep the rpm at 3000. That's what>is>>in the air file. But of course it should be 2500. At 2500>rpm>>I can just barely climb at 200 fpm at 89 knots. Is this>about>>right?>>>>Also it's extremely difficult to set the throttle to 2500>rpm;>>it just will not stabilize, requiring constant adjustments>>every couple of minutes or so. Otherwize BEEP!>>>>Waldo,>>Don't try to adjust rpm with the throttle. And as said in a>previous post in this thread: Use Ctrl+F2 to decrease rpm and>Ctrl+F3 to increase rpm.>>Ulf BSo that's what I am doing wrong.Well I slapped me face three times!Thanks!