Sign in to follow this  
STK

Tupolev Tu-154b-2 Released for P3Dv4.5

Hi,

I just found out that the one-man-show developer of a Tupolev Tu-154B-2 for P3D version 4.5 released version 1.0 within the past couple days as a payware product. A demo is available, and one can purchase a license through a rather, in my opinion, convoluted process.

Anticipating further English-language support and additional bug fixes, but it's a beautiful model in the sim right now.

Not sure if it will be moved to P3Dv5, but I know the dev is planning on looking into a version for MSFS in the (distant) future. NOTE: I am not related in any way with the developer, nor in an advisory role. I simply have an interest in Russian/Soviet/Eastern European aircraft. 

It is available here: https://simuniqlab.com/

Edited by STK
  • Like 2

Actually, this one was "released" some time ago - Mid April to be more precise.

What you are referring to, is the release of the 1.2 update, so the entire project is very much a WIP. One of the new features of this update is "light effects compatibility for p3dv5" so one would assume that there are plans to allow it to run under P5 if it's not the case already.

Personally, having learnt a hard lesson or two over the years,  I stay away from any "early adopter" or unfinished products but I'll keep an eye on that one as I do have an interest in that plane.

What tutorial can be following to learn this Bird?

Patricio Valdes

Patricio Valdes

Looks like a nice project, I love the TU154 but there are no english documentation, only a short installation guide. Without this It's a no go for me.

6 hours ago, pedrotrindade said:

Looks like a nice project, I love the TU154 but there are no english documentation, only a short installation guide. Without this It's a no go for me.

There are some English doc came with PT's Tu154M and realwolrd english manual came with Felis 154M,  That helps me to get 154 on the sky, not sure how difference between B2 and M then

It looks strangely like a 727. Hmmm... NATO designation: CARELESS. If it flies like a 727, not sure I would mind a lack of documentation..

So far the NVU navigation has not been implemented yet, which is an issue as this is the aircraft's main navigation system.

As soon as this has been done, realistic Tu-154 flights can finally begin. A 90KLN GPS integration is also planned (as far as the author told me last year). 

I have logged thousands of hours on the Tu-154 and it does not fly like any western aircraft. But getting there is an adventure if you have never flown any Soviet built aircraft in the past. For me I had issues the other way around, getting used to Western built equipment.. 

I'm pretty sure that I still have a bunch of documentation regarding Tu-154B/M somewhere, and if anybody needs help feel free to write. 

Project Tupolev 154B2 is the most complete version and also freeware, but sadly only available up to P3D V3.

A refined Tu-134A3 payware based on the SCS model is also available here: https://kai31website.wixsite.com/tupolenok English documentation for this one is even less, but I have written a manual in English a while ago, and there are some english youtube videos as well. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tim_Capps said:

It looks strangely like a 727. Hmmm... NATO designation: CARELESS. If it flies like a 727, not sure I would mind a lack of documentation..

It flies better than the 727 in fact. Systems on the other hand are very complicated and more prone to failure. The procedures on the 727 are easier and more "logical" let's say, than on the 154 which follows a different philosophy. 

7 hours ago, Ikarus280 said:

I'm pretty sure that I still have a bunch of documentation regarding Tu-154B/M somewhere, and if anybody needs help feel free to write.

If  there is any English version online could be share? The one came with Felis154 only cover normal procedure, I'd like to see some more "system description" related part.

Also I'd like some performance related table/charts etc... so far I can only rely on some small software that came with Felis or PT 154M for fuel planning and only some very basic takeoff/landing performance data for like Vspds and MTOW not specific to runway. I don't even sure how Russians do the performance calculation, do they use Assumed Temperature Method or something like that?

15 hours ago, C2615 said:

If  there is any English version online could be share? The one came with Felis154 only cover normal procedure, I'd like to see some more "system description" related part.

Also I'd like some performance related table/charts etc... so far I can only rely on some small software that came with Felis or PT 154M for fuel planning and only some very basic takeoff/landing performance data for like Vspds and MTOW not specific to runway. I don't even sure how Russians do the performance calculation, do they use Assumed Temperature Method or something like that?

Are you looking for the Tu-154M manuals, or Tu-154B?

There are performance graphs in separate books, with a graph with weights and temperature ranges with performance settings and you have to look for yours.

It's similar to how pilots flew the Boeing 707. You can also find the landing weight speeds that way. 

Here is one adapted English manual for Tu-154M, with performance charts: https://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-utilities-45/brief-flight-manual-for-the-pt-tu-154m-54917.html

For Tu-154B I don't believe its available anywhere online. Will have to ask a contact of mine if he can send them.

As for runway lengths, pilots mostly knew the airport where they fly, and they never knew the exact weight of the plane in the old times (just a rough estimate). Soviet airliners are very rugged, and tolerate a lot of deviations from the norms. Even checklists were not in use (a basic plastic placard was onboard, but it was rarely followed as a Tupolev crew knows the procedure by memory. Full flight briefing package like in the west was unknown, and airports often did not have ILS but 2 NDBs which you had to tune into while landing, and if lucky you had an RSBN beacon showing you distances to help you know at which altitude you are supposed to be at. Flying back then was a completely different beast. 

Visibility nil landings were very stressful especially in remote Russian airports and go-arounds were common. 

Now I am talking about how it was done during the 90s, but if it worked for them I am sure that it will work for you in a sim too. 

Edited by Ikarus280

5 hours ago, Ikarus280 said:

Are you looking for the Tu-154M manuals, or Tu-154B?

There are performance graphs in separate books, with a graph with weights and temperature ranges with performance settings and you have to look for yours.

It's similar to how pilots flew the Boeing 707. You can also find the landing weight speeds that way. 

Here is one adapted English manual for Tu-154M, with performance charts: https://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-utilities-45/brief-flight-manual-for-the-pt-tu-154m-54917.html

For Tu-154B I don't believe its available anywhere online. Will have to ask a contact of mine if he can send them.

As for runway lengths, pilots mostly knew the airport where they fly, and they never knew the exact weight of the plane in the old times (just a rough estimate). Soviet airliners are very rugged, and tolerate a lot of deviations from the norms. Even checklists were not in use (a basic plastic placard was onboard, but it was rarely followed as a Tupolev crew knows the procedure by memory. Full flight briefing package like in the west was unknown, and airports often did not have ILS but 2 NDBs which you had to tune into while landing, and if lucky you had an RSBN beacon showing you distances to help you know at which altitude you are supposed to be at. Flying back then was a completely different beast. 

Visibility nil landings were very stressful especially in remote Russian airports and go-arounds were common. 

Now I am talking about how it was done during the 90s, but if it worked for them I am sure that it will work for you in a sim too. 

Thanks! 154M is what I'm looking for for now.

That's sound wild but similar to what I have heard about things in China like before 1980s, wow!

I miss the Project Tupolev 154 in the FS9 days. I loved flying her through Russia in the old style. Now I forgot everything but I so wish we could do this again in P3DV5. I could go with a simple KLN90 navigation too, and that would actually help flying online in western Europe.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

7 hours ago, C2615 said:

Thanks! 154M is what I'm looking for for now.

That's sound wild but similar to what I have heard about things in China like before 1980s, wow!

Here is a complete set of flight manuals for the Tu-154M in English: РЛЭ Ту-154М на английском - Документация общего значения - Avsim.su

I miss the Tu-154M in the simulator but haven't been able to fly it since FS9. For P3D there is only Project Tupolev Tu-154B-2 for V3 and now the new development for 4.5 

X-plane virtual cockpits do not appeal to me for some reason... The way the cockpit geometry is designed in most addons looks strange to me compared to other simulators. Not sure if its the graphics engine or what caused it.