Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

FSX SP1 Beta - Any feedback?

Guest nels

Is there an NDA surrounding the BETA testing?Can anyone give us anything to look forward to?I'm finding it hard to imagine what the 20% increase target in frame rate will actually look like.Also, the forums seem a bit quiet now as I guess everyone is anticipating this patch and being patient - any chat at all guys that'll keep this forum buzzing till the patch release?Nels

>>Is there an NDA surrounding the BETA testing?>>Can anyone give us anything to look forward to?>>I'm finding it hard to imagine what the 20% increase target in>frame rate will actually look like.>>Also, the forums seem a bit quiet now as I guess everyone is>anticipating this patch and being patient - any chat at all>guys that'll keep this forum buzzing till the patch release?>>NelsHi,I can imagine it. For me a 20% increase in frame rate means that flying over Philadelphia in the default Maule with a few clouds, my FPS will jump from 10 to a whopping 12. LOL.Bob...

>>I'm finding it hard to imagine what the 20% increase target in>frame rate will actually look like.>I wouldn't fixate on that number. Probably not wise to have any fixed expectations.>Also, the forums seem a bit quiet now as I guess everyone is>anticipating this patch and being patient - any chat at all>guys that'll keep this forum buzzing till the patch release?>Yes, don't fixate on 20%. That should keep it buzzing.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Probably there is NDA but even if there wasnt, I would not listen to any beta tester as history has shown that whatever info they have provided is not accurate or reliable. They are not in the know!I would urge patience and wait to hear from Phil Taylor or like ACES staff. Just MHO :-)Bill

A 20% increase from optimizations is quite a big improvement and has to mean that the initial release was unfinished and very poorly optimized. Hopefully this will bring the quality of the sim from a slow slideshow to a slightly faster slideshow :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

>A 20% increase from optimizations is quite a big improvement>and has to mean that the initial release was unfinished and>very poorly optimized. Hopefully this will bring the quality>of the sim from a slow slideshow to a slightly faster>slideshow :)You do realise that going from 10 FPS to 12 FPS counts as a 20% improvement do you?My old boss was always amazed that he could get away with a yearly 99% uptime for our HRM and Accounting servers. The other managers where amazed and enthousiastic about such a 'high' availablity. 99% uptime is way more impresive to say then telling them the system wil be unavailable for a good 3,5 days per year. ;-) (of course we always scored beter then 99% uptime but it was nice to know we could get away with 3 days downtime which management themselves approved)

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

You do realise that going from 100 FPS to 120 FPS counts as a 20% improvement do you?Thats alot in my mind, if you cant get more than 10-12, well that sucks, but no patch will ever change that.

I have to say that your logic is refreshing, and it leads me to remind you that 20% also means going from 1000fps to 1200fps....a whopping 200fps increase.

>I can imagine it. For me a 20% increase in frame rate means>that flying over Philadelphia in the default Maule with a few>clouds, my FPS will jump from 10 to a whopping 12. LOL.>Isn't 20% the minimum expected increase?

>I have to say that your logic is refreshing, and it leads me>to remind you that 20% also means going from 1000fps to>1200fps....a whopping 200fps increase.:) That was a good one.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

I can see it now:Complainer: "I was PROMISED twenty percent".Answer: "No, you weren't PROMISED twenty percent. 20% was a mere guesstimate."Complainer: "I was PROMISED twenty percent, and I got 25%"Answer: "What are you complaining about?" :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I can also see it now: Valid customer complaint: My performance is still inadequate.ACES: Heres an expansion pack! See you guys in 3 years!

:-badteethJeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD