Sign in to follow this  
Rameyuk

Wing lights and Taxi/Runway Turn Off lights

Hi, I tried searching for a similar topic about this, but I couldn't find anything specific.

So basically, I set my FO to control lights (to simplify the process). However, there are a few behaviour that I noticed when they do.

1. When the FO turn on the Wing Lights (I assume during their walkaround) the Wing Lights only turns on for one side. I have to switch off the wing lights first then switch it back on to have both wing lights turn on. (see video below at 18:30 mark)
  2. When I start for my taxiing, the FO also turns on the Taxi lights, but the Runway Turn Off Lights also behave the same way as the Wing Lights. It only turns on one side instead of both. Again I need to turn off the Runway Turn Off Lights first then Turn it back on to have the lights on both sides. (see video below)
  3. After landing and taxiing, asking to turn off taxi lights also turns off the Runway Turn Off lights but only for one side, I have to manually turn on the Runway Turn Off lights again and turn it off again to turn off both sides. (See video below at 1:44:20 mark)

Here's a video that you can refer to what I mean. 

Is this a bug to be fixed in future updates, or is there a specific configuration that I need to do to get this working properly? 

Edited by Rameyuk

It's a bug, but we don't think it's a bug in our software.  We think it's a bug in MSFS itself.

We control the lights via the "events" as documented in the MSFS SDK.  It's actually very simple.

So for the runway turn off lights... we can move the switch in the cockpit, but why the left side light doesn't illuminate (but the right side does) is strange.

We hope Asobo deals with it, because from our side of things it doesn't seem like there is much more we can do.

Thank you for the reply... that is indeed a strange bug. Because if I bind the "Toggle Taxi Lights" command from the control options to a button or a key, the runway turn off lights switches on and both sides illuminate. Same goes with Wing Light if I use the same Toggle Wing Light command and bind it to a key or button, it illuminates both sides.

If the "events" that come from the control key bindings and the one used in FS2Crew are the same. Shouldn't it behave the same way as well? Unless they changed the "event" and made the original to only be the right side, while there's a different event that controls both that is now become the event used in the key binding. Would that also be a possibility, that the SDK documentation is outdated, and FS2Crew is still using the "old" event?