Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Can't sync right now

I installed MSFS two days ago and have been able to get past the attached pic about half the time. It appears that all of your settings are uploaded and saved and then downloaded on the next restart.

I say this because it seems you have to start all over again from accessibility, graphics settings etc.

I've tried a few suggestions from over at their forum, signing in/out of Xbox/Microsoft Store but that didn't help.Interne tconnection is fine.

Anyone else run into this and find a solution?

Thanks,

Mark

error.jpg

Have not seen that exact message... Have seen  "Please put in Disk 1"  though..

Maybe they are improving their error messages.. 😉

Bert

I did a search for that error message.

A lot of people have the same problem; only person who solved it said he did it by installing the XBox App. It's worth a try, I guess.

18 minutes ago, newtie said:

I've tried that, no luck.

As a last resort maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the sim??  You can first save all your current controller setups by backing up the wgs folder which, for a standard MS Store sim install, is located at :

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs\

I keep a backup of the wgs folder, along with the FlightSimulator.cfg, User.cfg, and FSUIPC7.ini files "just in case"! They are all tiny size-wise so no space issue. I would hate to have to redo my controller setups again -- can't remember it all at my age! 🤥

Al

Edited by ark

18 minutes ago, ark said:

As a last resort maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the sim?? 

I would get a good night's sleep and try again in the morning... The MS servers have been known to act up from time to time..

• Like 3

Bert

This is another example of how easier the steam version is to keep tidy. When this happens with Steam  and you boot up MSFS, then you get a box saying that the cloud data and your local data do not agree with each other. And then you can check one or two boxes. Something like: download the cloud settings to your system. Or upload your computer system settings to the cloud. I always pick the first one: download the cloud settings to your computer. 15 seconds later, all is well and MSFS is back operating normally.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Anyway if you can run MSFS offline, I would do that and then while it's running turn the internet on. And then sign in and out and back in at your gamertag icon box. Close MSFS,  restart computer and try MSFS again.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

9 hours ago, Fielder said:

Anyway if you can run MSFS offline, I would do that and then while it's running turn the internet on. And then sign in and out and back in at your gamertag icon box. Close MSFS,  restart computer and try MSFS again.

Kind of like this?
https://i.imgur.com/WLQH6Fo.mp4

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

12 hours ago, newtie said:

I've tried that, no luck.

I spent days without MSFS with this problem.  I solved it by changing my Microsoft Account password on the website.  That forced the apps (Xbox, Store, Xbox live) to sign in again and clear the problem.  What didn't work for me was uninstalling and re-installing anything.  

After fixing this issue I paid and installed the Steam version!

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Kind of like this?
https://i.imgur.com/WLQH6Fo.mp4

Wow,  thanks for that peek inside Asobo studios!

6 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I spent days without MSFS with this problem.  I solved it by changing my Microsoft Account password on the website.  That forced the apps (Xbox, Store, Xbox live) to sign in again and clear the problem.  What didn't work for me was uninstalling and re-installing anything.  

Thanks for that, but I solved the problem.

I got a refund.

I spent well over two hours last night trying to repair the cloud sync issue in this program.

If I can’t even start it, what else am I going to be spending my valuable time on trying to fix? Thank goodness for Paragon backup 😊

I may revisit this sometime in the future.

Cheers,

Mark

6 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Did the Steam version have sync errors?

18 minutes ago, newtie said:

I spent well over two hours last night trying to repair the cloud sync issue in this program.

I understand your frustration... but I think the key words in the error message may well be:  "Right Now"

Lots of trouble over the last 24 hours.. hopefully it will sort itself out.

Bert