Sign in to follow this  

Black aircraft on WOAI on FSX on Windows 10

I am blue in the face trying to correct this and I am not a geek so treat me like a 4 year old please. I have tried uninstalling Aer Lingus fleet manually from FSX and reinstalling them with WOAI to be told that there is already an airline of the same name. I have removed the BGL from the world scenery in FSX, same result. I bought Aerosoft Nice Cote D'Azur airport, beautiful, but trees all over the runway apron.  I wonder should I start collecting model trains instead, my hair is going grey from this. Any help gratefully received and apologies to anyone who gets cranky because this is the 100th time this question has been asked.

Thank you

Greg

You are describing two separate issues here. AI aircraft totally black indicates a problem with the texture file, ie the sim is looking for the painted livery but cannot find it. Is this for all aircraft or certain ones? For example, if you have a 777-300ER which is blacked out. Try and work out which plane it is. Go to the folder where your 777-300ER is kept in the SimObjects and check it. For example, if you identify it is a Air New Zealand 777-300ER which is blacked out, open the Aircraft.cfg file and got to the entry for Air New Zealand. Check the entry for texture= "name". Then make sure there is a folder called texture,"name" in the 777-300ER folder. The name of the folder must match the texture= entry exactly.

Re the duplication. is it giving you a specific error message, telling you the folders that have clashing names?

The trees may be an elevation/layering issue. Do you have FTX Global/Vector/LC Europe

Ian S

38.jpg

G'day Ian, thanks for coming back to me. My issue is the entire Aer Lingus fleet, all aircraft are black. I manually removed them and and tried to re install which the installer would not allow saying the airline already existed. I manually put them back so I will check the texture files as you kindly suggested and revert. The FTX Global/Vector/LC Europe is a new one on me I'll check that after I resolve the first issue. Failing that I'm off to buy a slab of Fosters.

I'll let you know how I get on, thanks again

Just something to try...Turn off "Aircraft casts shadows on the ground"  in your settings.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks for that but no luck. t bought the computer on Saturday, loaded FSX on that evening and Aer Lingus , because I'm in Ireland was the second airline I loaded on WOAI and all other airlines are perfect, aaarrrgghhhh! System is Dell XPS 17 with loads of bells and whistles.

Greg