Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 sale

2 hours ago, toby23 said:

In my experience with MSFS, all planes are bouncy in the pitch, or at least incredibly sensitive.
Real planes don't move through the air like this, at least not those I've flown.

It's long standing problem of all sims! Real airplane have controls pressure that is very tricky to simulate. 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

Very pleased with the purchase, not so with the process of purchasing!    I now look forward to learning how to properly operate this aircraft. 

Terry

I might just make a donation to MS/A and buy at the full price thru the Marketplace.  Quite frankly I am so happy to be rid of every developers version of purchase and installer software it may well be worth the $16 🙃

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 hours ago, Noel said:

I might just make a donation to MS/A and buy at the full price thru the Marketplace.  Quite frankly I am so happy to be rid of every developers version of purchase and installer software it may well be worth the $16 🙃

Just get it from Orbx like I did. Zero installation issues. Couldn’t be any easier. 

3 hours ago, Noel said:

That is definitely a good strong point in the pros of purchasing in the marketplace, however the big con is the slower updates and fixes.

Alexander Colka

14 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

That is definitely a good strong point in the pros of purchasing in the marketplace, however the big con is the slower updates and fixes.

Aerosoft has not exactly been quick in fixing issues in the CRJ anyway, so it's not really a con in this case 😅.

1 hour ago, NismoRR said:

Just get it from Orbx like I did. Zero installation issues. Couldn’t be any easier. 

All purchases thru the Marketplace have been flawless for me that is, so would opt for that unless Orbx also incorporated the sale price which I don't think they did. 

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, toby23 said:

In my experience with MSFS, all planes are bouncy in the pitch, or at least incredibly sensitive.
Real planes don't move through the air like this, at least not those I've flown.
XP11 is too smooth and MSFS is too bouncy 🙂 maybe one day someone will nail what it feels like to be thrown around in the wind in a sim!

I've been annoyed by that exact thing for a while. ASOBO has tuned it a little over time, but I actually think that their formulas aren't that far off.

If you consider that in real planes the yoke / stick usually is larger and therefore travels a longer distance, which makes 1cm less effective IRL than 1cm on a smaller joystick. Additionally, @sd_flyer already mentioned that the pressure you experience IRL makes you believe you travel further on the controls than you actually do - just because you are applying a force. Even if you barely move the stick.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I've been annoyed by that exact thing for a while. ASOBO has tuned it a little over time, but I actually think that their formulas aren't that far off.

I think you can fine-tune some aspects as well with the interesting set of sensitivity controls that took some effort to figure out. I was able to setup my old Cessna Trim Wheel (previously acting as a bookend for my keyboard which sits atop the yoke body, to keep the keyboard from sliding to the left) as a rudder control which has made ground-steering the 787-10 pleasant and very similar to the feel of PMDG's NGXu tiller steering option.  It's made taxiing even at higher speeds much better.

Noel

1 hour ago, Noel said:

All purchases thru the Marketplace have been flawless for me that is, so would opt for that unless Orbx also incorporated the sale price which I don't think they did. 

I also have not had any issues with the marketplace. Works fine for me. I just have a handful of sceneries from there. Like you, I try not to have more ridiculous accounts to get flight sim downloads than necessary.  So happens I have Orbx central and yes, the CRJ was discounted through Orbx. I think I paid $36.24. I do not have an Aerosoft account and hope I don’t need one. (As long as the Twin Otter comes out on Orbx or Just Flight on day 1 👍)

It's been showing $49 or so USD:

spacer.png

Edited by Noel

Noel

5 hours ago, Prpn said:

Aerosoft has not exactly been quick in fixing issues in the CRJ anyway, so it's not really a con in this case 😅.

Completely agree.  Their VNAV has not worked properly for months, and certain pushbuttons have been broken in legacy mouse mode since SU5.  And meanwhile freeware developers push updates same day as they are broken.  Go figure.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

10 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

It's long standing problem of all sims! Real airplane have controls pressure that is very tricky to simulate. 

At least on home computer sims. Obviously, level D motion sims the airlines use have it figured out, but they have tons of money to throw around to do so. 

1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

At least on home computer sims. Obviously, level D motion sims the airlines use have it figured out, but they have tons of money to throw around to do so. 

I heard from my airline friends  that even level D not quite like real airplane. I personally tried only one Level D and few ATDs and I agree!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI