Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 sale

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Since version 1.4 or what ever it’s called, it’s never not captured the ILS. I wonder if people know what Go Green means.

I don't know what that means.  But the FMS itself auto changes to Loc1 I think upon receiving the localizer signal, and began to track the ILS.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I don't know what that means.  But the FMS itself auto changes to Loc1 I think upon receiving the localizer signal, and began to track the ILS.

One must assure the nav1 is set to auto also.

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Am sure there is more than one way...this is the AS CRJ IRL pilot showing how he goes green

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

How is the learning curve for someone coming mostly from Boeing FMS & Majestic Dash8?  I tend to try to learn just a couple of planes well, at least to my standards, so am very choosy when adding new planes to learn and fly.  Also, thoughts on buying thru Orbx v Aerosoft?  I would buy it thru the MSFS Marketplace because I like the idea of keeping things tidy and supporting the Marketplace, however there is no sale happening at least when I looked yesterday so willing to go outside there.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

How is the learning curve for someone coming mostly from Boeing FMS & Majestic Dash8?  I tend to try to learn just a couple of planes well, at least to my standards, so am very choosy when adding new planes to learn and fly.  Also, thoughts on buying thru Orbx v Aerosoft?  I would buy it thru the MSFS Marketplace because I like the idea of keeping things tidy and supporting the Marketplace, however there is no sale happening at least when I looked yesterday so willing to go outside there.

Buy through Aerosoft as it's an Aerosoft plane. Note they now have a software, Aerosoft One, to make installing and updating easy.

The CRJ FMS will be familiar. The learning curve is purely throttle management and descent, as you need to do that manually.

Edited by Johnny Wyatt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

How is the learning curve for someone coming mostly from Boeing FMS & Majestic Dash8

Probably the easiest modern aircraft to learn. 🙂 

There are very few complicated behaviours or quirks about the CRJ and the checklist in the EFB is very straight forward.

Mind the NAV-source (Just like in Q400)
Manage the throttle levers wisely (Just like in the Q400)

//former beta-tester for 2 years (basicly broken everything you can break on that bird. Yes FMS NAV accuracy was pointed out by us testers and AS worked hard to improve it, so kudos)

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

23 minutes ago, Noel said:

I tend to do the same when it comes to airliners as I don’t have nearly enough time to learn too many different airliners, I enjoy learning a select few and learning them well, and flying them with ease..I came from mostly the Boeing fmc and can say it closely resembles it, I had no real issue learning it wile following a couple YouTube videos.

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 hour ago, Noel said:

How is the learning curve for someone coming mostly from Boeing FMS & Majestic Dash8?  I tend to try to learn just a couple of planes well, at least to my standards, so am very choosy when adding new planes to learn and fly. 

Same here. I didn‘t find it very difficult to learn. I watched some tutorials and reproduced the tutorial flight once (though not the same route) and that was it. It took me longer to understand the a320.

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

On 9/23/2021 at 11:20 PM, FrankR409 said:

Ironically, my real flight into KATL Sunday morning was a mirror image of what I had simmed the night before…

Hi Frank,

I'm interested if flying the approach in the sim the night before actually helped you in any way for the real flight? Were you able to use any form of visual guidance as you arrived. Appreciate you had low vis on approach in the sim but I'm curious if it helped at all?

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

On 9/24/2021 at 3:27 PM, FrankR409 said:

I think the thread is about the crj550/700.

It was an honest question about the CRJ and how it compares against the WT CJ4. But really, thanks for all that awesome feedback you gave me without any kind of annoying tone at all. Super constructive... 

1 hour ago, toby23 said:

Hi Frank,

I'm interested if flying the approach in the sim the night before actually helped you in any way for the real flight? Were you able to use any form of visual guidance as you arrived. Appreciate you had low vis on approach in the sim but I'm curious if it helped at all?

I was a passenger, but I would say that nothing can prepare you for getting up at 3:00 am for an early morning flight!

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Still coming to grips with it, but I like it so far.  The flight model seems a little too 'bouncy' in the pitch axis when hand flying, but I only have a few hours in, so far.  Definitely don't regret picking it up for the sale price.  My biggest annoyance, I think, is the permanent registration number on the exterior model.  I love the ability to put custom registration numbers on MSFS models, and I am very disappointed that Aerosoft did not provide that ability on this aircraft.  Second gripe would be the default camera positions, with no way to cycle through close up views of vital instruments like the PFD or FMC.  

Nothing egregious, but still enough of a lack of attention to detail to make me glad I didn't buy it at full price.

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I bought this last night direct from the Aerosoft shop.  The registration of a new account during the checkout process was a bit of nightmare. I put all my details in and chose a password and then went to "Continue" but it red flagged me for a *required* entry I had left out. But when I went back to fill that in, it had cleaned the form and I had to start again including selecting my password. I filled in my chosen password again but for some reason it errored me, maybe because the password was already used?  This went on for several attempts including changing to a new password until finally some combination of keys eventually worked and I was able to move to the payment process. It's a very simple form so it seriously should not be that hard.   The next issue was to activate the account which of course required an activation email. Some 30 minutes later it came.  This may not be an Aerosoft e-commerce issue but could be my ISP playing silly beggars again but it was a frustrating wait on top of the registration issues.  The rest of the process including the download went fine and I extracted all the necessary files. Then the next problem occurred as I executed the setup. It immediately asked me for a serial number. Wow, where is that I wonder? So I tried all the numbers on my order form including the order no, the transaction no (which looked suspiciously like a code) and finally what I guess was the product code. None of them worked. Frustratingly, after each entry I waited for something to happen. Thinking this was to do with the first setup of the aircraft which Aerosoft warned may progress slowly, I waited. But, nothing happened and I eventually, hesitantly,  pressed the continue button one more time. Then an error message popped up. This happened for all three numbers I tried and cost me another 30 minutes of my life.

I searched the comprehensive documentation and found the install page but it doesn't mention anything about a serial number. Eventually I searched the Aerosoft forums and bingo up pops this very issue, so it's not just me then! Go to downloads in your account it says.  OK, but now I have to sign into my account and guess what, my password would not work!  So I renewed my password, twice and could not get access to my account then for some reason the original password finally worked ? Go figure!! So now I'm my account , find the downloads page and eventually find that all elusive serial number.  From then on the setup was very quick and worked fine.

Overall it was about an hour and a bit of frustration to get through this and it doesn't seem it needed to be. Aerosoft make it very clear in several parts of the process that the first use in MSFS may take up to 10 minutes to initialize and MSFS progress may appear to stop, please be patient. They were right, 8 minutes in my case.  But why couldn't they do something just as sensible with the Serial No location like placing a clue as to its whereabouts on the install/setup  window?  Or maybe they could write something in the documentation maybe? 4/10 on this process Aerosoft. 

But what about the CRJ? Well I'm afraid my lack of knowledge of this aircraft and its systems means I can't write anything useful about it at all. Suffice to say I all I have done is taking it on a very deliberate fun bash a round the circuit. I spawned it at the end of the runway with takeoff flap, released the brakes, firewalled the throttles then pulled them back a tad and launched into the sky at some unknown takeoff speed. I was really being deliberately careless just to see if it bit me. But it didnt. It flew extremely well actually, very smooth, very pleasant on the controls ie firm, but not too heavy. I was chasing pitch trim in the circuit however that is probably just a case of getting used to it. The visual approach was very stable and I really thought I was going to nail the landing.  In keeping with the  'will this thing bite me" theme,  I didn't swat up on any approach speeds and just flew what I thought would work. Unfortunately I got too slow and it finally did bite me. Dropped like a stone just over the threshold and no amount of  pitch or throttle application was going to stop this.  I had an opportunity today to read up a bit more about the aircraft and I understand that speed management (critical for every aircraft of course) is a bit sensitive for the CRJ even in the real aircraft and some skill is required to avoid getting into that corner since it seems very hard to get it out of it.  I don't know how true that is, but it certainly bit me.  Anyway that's just my first impression of the handling of the model and is no way a criticism but rather an observation of some realism. 

Verdict:  Purely on its stable handling characteristics, on a one flight bash around the circuit,.. I loved it!  8/10

Very pleased with the purchase, not so with the process of purchasing!    I now look forward to learning how to properly operate this aircraft. 

Terry

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

On 9/28/2021 at 1:51 AM, Sigwolf said:

The flight model seems a little too 'bouncy' in the pitch axis when hand flying, but I only have a few hours in, so far.  

In my experience with MSFS, all planes are bouncy in the pitch, or at least incredibly sensitive.
Real planes don't move through the air like this, at least not those I've flown.
XP11 is too smooth and MSFS is too bouncy 🙂 maybe one day someone will nail what it feels like to be thrown around in the wind in a sim!
Real planes tend to go up and down and left and right because of the wind hitting the aircraft but they don't bounce when you apply pitch.
Even DCS can be incredibly sensitive in the pitch and they have some of the more realistic flight models (Spitfire anyone?)

Edited by toby23
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10