Sign in to follow this  
spilok

My stutters and pauses have seemingly stopped

Of course, I'm a little hesitant in reporting this, but believe me, so far this has worked for me!  I would always get some stutters and certainly long pauses where the sim was frozen for a minute or so, and in the last several days...after over a dozen flights, I've had NONE!  I know this sounds crazy, and it is working for me. Perhaps it will work for you...maybe not.  

First of all, I've always used UNLIMITED in the sim (P3d), and I've always LIMITED my frames to 30 in NVidia Control Panel.  I've used many other settings in the Nvidia Control Panel over the years, but I've NEVER NOT in some way changed something there.  But after loading the latest Nvidia driver 472.12, I FORGOT to enter the Nvidia Control Panel.  That's the best decision I have made since using P3d.  I FORGOT to change anything in the NCP! Anyway, I started a flight several days ago, and VOILA!..no stutters at all and no pauses at all.  Over the last several days since this driver has been out, I've flown all over the U.S. and flown heavily in Germany, Poland, England, France, and Romania.  NO STUTTERS and NO PAUSES!  I can't believe it, but I swear, it's true.

My computer is a Jetline Systems Build, about 2 years old.  I use a 1080ti card, have an LG 4K 32" monitor, and I run at 60hz always.  My resolution is 3840x2160.

Here are my settings in the sim:

• Frames unlimited
  • 8xMSAA
  • Level of Detail Radius - MAX
  • Tesselation - MEDIUM
  • Mesh Resolution - 1m
  • Texture Resolution - 7cm
  • Screen Complexity - EX DENSE
  • Autogen Draw Distance - HIGH
  • Autogen Vegetation - V. Dense
  • Autogen Building Density - EX. DENSE
  • Road Vehicles - 40
  • Ships and Boats - 81 Each

Today, I flew from Philadelphia to Fort Lauderdale, on to Key West, and then flew back to Orlando.  Absolutely no stutters or pauses.  There's a storm here today in Pennsylvania.  May LIGHTNING strike me if any of this is untrue!  Finally, my "forgetfulness" resulted in one of the best simming experiences I've had in a very long time.

Stan

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@spilok,

What's your simulator version?

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Long embedded quote removed

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

On 9/22/2021 at 8:34 PM, spilok said:

Of course, I'm a little hesitant in reporting this, but believe me, so far this has worked for me!  I would always get some stutters and certainly long pauses where the sim was frozen for a minute or so, and in the last several days...after over a dozen flights, I've had NONE!  I know this sounds crazy, and it is working for me. Perhaps it will work for you...maybe not.  

First of all, I've always used UNLIMITED in the sim (P3d), and I've always LIMITED my frames to 30 in NVidia Control Panel.  I've used many other settings in the Nvidia Control Panel over the years, but I've NEVER NOT in some way changed something there.  But after loading the latest Nvidia driver 472.12, I FORGOT to enter the Nvidia Control Panel.  That's the best decision I have made since using P3d.  I FORGOT to change anything in the NCP! Anyway, I started a flight several days ago, and VOILA!..no stutters at all and no pauses at all.  Over the last several days since this driver has been out, I've flown all over the U.S. and flown heavily in Germany, Poland, England, France, and Romania.  NO STUTTERS and NO PAUSES!  I can't believe it, but I swear, it's true.

My computer is a Jetline Systems Build, about 2 years old.  I use a 1080ti card, have an LG 4K 32" monitor, and I run at 60hz always.  My resolution is 3840x2160.

Here are my settings in the sim:

• Frames unlimited
  • 8xMSAA
  • Level of Detail Radius - MAX
  • Tesselation - MEDIUM
  • Mesh Resolution - 1m
  • Texture Resolution - 7cm
  • Screen Complexity - EX DENSE
  • Autogen Draw Distance - HIGH
  • Autogen Vegetation - V. Dense
  • Autogen Building Density - EX. DENSE
  • Road Vehicles - 40
  • Ships and Boats - 81 Each

Today, I flew from Philadelphia to Fort Lauderdale, on to Key West, and then flew back to Orlando.  Absolutely no stutters or pauses.  There's a storm here today in Pennsylvania.  May LIGHTNING strike me if any of this is untrue!  Finally, my "forgetfulness" resulted in one of the best simming experiences I've had in a very long time.

Stan

Stan, what settings do you have in the NVCP P3D profile. Is it now on "Default" or did you keep your former settings? I'm asking because it depends how the new driver was installed.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Stan, what type of flying are you doing and with what aircraft , VFR/IFR ?, Complex tubeliners GA ?

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

Your post is pretty meaningless without knowing what simulator you're using.

Dave

Edited by dave2013

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

13 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

@spilok,

What's your simulator version?

My simulator is P3d v5.2.  I'm usually always using the latest version.

8 hours ago, Nemo said:

Stan, what settings do you have in the NVCP P3D profile. Is it now on "Default" or did you keep your former settings? I'm asking because it depends how the new driver was installed.

As I said, I usually set the NVCP to 30 frames and used Performance settings. THIS time, I inadvertently forgot to update NVCP after I installed (via DDU) the new driver.  I was amazed that with the sim set to unlimited, and NO limitation in NVCP, my FPS were up considerably (obviously), and my flights were very smooth.

Stan

5 hours ago, sonny147 said:

Stan, what type of flying are you doing and with what aircraft , VFR/IFR ?, Complex tubeliners GA ?

Mostly VFR.  My aircraft are not the complex PMDG versions.  I use many Boeings, Airbus variations that I download from Simviation.  I've purchased many from Carenado (both GA and Corporate jets), I love all the Vcol CRJ's (200, 700, 900, 1000), as well as the Embraer 170,175.  I enjoy the Alabeo products too (especially the R66 helicopter).  I'm not into super complicated airliners.  But the aircraft I'm flying smoothly now were just causing stutters and pausing before this NVCP setting elimination that recently happened.  Again, I wish I could explain it, but it sure has been working well for me through yesterday.  I haven't flown yet today.

hey stan , you dont have to explain it , just enjoy it while you can , thanksfor the info i tried it but still had to make a couple of adjustments in the NCP , bye the way if your into golf " come on Europe !" lol 

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

I do not have stutters either. Nvidia  version 472.12 , power management mode set to prefer maximum performance,Texture filtering-Quality set to High Performance,G-Sync enable, in the sim i set frames to unlimited and in NVI set to 35 limited. Prepar3D v5.2 PRO .

OPERATING SYSTEM: MS Windows 10 Professional | CPU : i9-10900X | MEMORY : 32GB CORSAIR  | GPU :  RTX 3060 Ti | SYSTEM DRIVE : 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe M.2 | SIMULATOR : PREPAR3D v5.2 Professional | MONITOR : LG 32" G-SYNC | CONTROLS: CH-Trottle Quandrant | Honeycomb Yoke | Thrustmaster

21 hours ago, sonny147 said:

beat me to it.

go fly that FSL at night into EGLL, KLAX, CYYZ, LSZH,EDDF,EHAM with some bad weather hammering down the simconnect pipe. 

look forward to your reply 🙂  

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

beat me to it.

go fly that FSL at night into EGLL, KLAX, CYYZ, LSZH,EDDF,EHAM with some bad weather hammering down the simconnect pipe. 

indeed squire indeed !

16 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

beat me to it.

Sounds pretty scary, indeed!

Hi Stan, I've just restored NVCP program settings (just touched power management to prefer maximum performance) to try and it amazed me too, butter as hell. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by SergioN

Sergio Naiberg

On 9/24/2021 at 9:27 PM, georgio1952 said:

I do not have stutters either. Nvidia  version 472.12 , power management mode set to prefer maximum performance,Texture filtering-Quality set to High Performance,G-Sync enable, in the sim i set frames to unlimited and in NVI set to 35 limited. Prepar3D v5.2 PRO .

OPERATING SYSTEM: MS Windows 10 Professional | CPU : i9-10900X | MEMORY : 32GB CORSAIR  | GPU :  RTX 3060 Ti | SYSTEM DRIVE : 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe M.2 | SIMULATOR : PREPAR3D v5.2 Professional | MONITOR : LG 32" G-SYNC | CONTROLS: CH-Trottle Quandrant | Honeycomb Yoke | Thrustmaster

Same question to you. 

Fly either the fsl, or pmdg 777 into EGLL, EGKK, klax or lgko at night. 

Let me know how you get on. 

14ppkc-6.png