Sign in to follow this  
drgnkid

FS2Crew Keeps Bringing Up the Windows Taskbar

Recently, I have been having some issues when using FS2Crew A32nx whereby it will bring up the Windows taskbar every time I click on the FS2Crew control panel (I'm using Button Control) and the taskbar would hide once I click outside he control panel. I am not sure what happened as I remember this issue did not happen during the initial install and launch after I purchased it. I am now on version 1.1 and still the same issue.

Perhaps it may not be a FS2Crew issue but any advise or help is appreciated. Thanks.

I confirm, there is such behavior. Sometimes I end the explorer.exe process so that the panel does not interfere with my work. I also noticed that if I drag the fs2crew program to my second monitor, then the windows panel does not appear on the first monitor. 

7 hours ago, drgnkid said:

Recently, I have been having some issues when using FS2Crew A32nx whereby it will bring up the Windows taskbar every time I click on the FS2Crew control panel (I'm using Button Control) and the taskbar would hide once I click outside he control panel. I am not sure what happened as I remember this issue did not happen during the initial install and launch after I purchased it. I am now on version 1.1 and still the same issue.

Perhaps it may not be a FS2Crew issue but any advise or help is appreciated. Thanks.

Not totally sure I follow but V1.1 public beta wouldn't have changed anything.

FS2Crew is a C# Net Windows Form application, so it's by default integrated quite well with Windows.

So I assume you have your Windows taskbar set to auto hide?

Are you running in full screen mode or windowed mode?

Thanks for your response, Bryan.

Apologies for any confusion. To clarify, the issue happened since version 1.0 but I just recently installed version 1.1 coz I wanted to try out the new version but the issue still persists. Perhaps, V1.1 may not change anything but if I am not mistaken, the issue did not occur during the initial installation of FS2Crew. I remember previously when I clicked the command center to run the flows, the taskbar did not pop-up. Thus, the situation now is that, when I click in the command center to run the flow (I'm using button control), the taskbar will pop-up. I need to click outside the command center (i.e. the cockpit) to hide the taskbar so it can get quite annoying to see the taskbar every time I run the flow.

I am running MSFS in full screen mode and taskbar autohide is off.

Edited by drgnkid

Okay, I know what you mean now.

In the Taskbar options, you could try setting "auto hide taskbar" to on.  I just tried that and it did what you wanted.

As for leaving that option auto hide "off", I'm not what we can what you want without making the entire FS2Crew panel full screen.

1 minute ago, byork said:

Okay, I know what you mean now.

In the Taskbar options, you could try setting "auto hide taskbar" to on.  I just tried that and it did what you wanted.

As for leaving that option auto hide "off", I'm not what we can what you want without making the entire FS2Crew panel full screen.

I actually tried that earlier and yes, it does hide the taskbar per se but the top part of the task bar is still visible as a thin line at the bottom of he screen when I click on the command center albeit it not being such an annoyance and eyesore as before. However, I would have preferred not to hide my taskbar.

Something I need to live with, I guess, since there is nothing much that can be done about it. But I distinctly remember that it was working correctly before, unless I'm mistaken.

Anyways, not a deal breaker. I enjoy FS2Crew very much since FS2004 and FSX days as it brings more live and interaction to my flights. Great add-on to have. Thanks for taking the time to look into my issue.

Btw, just a little thought regarding the jetway connection. Since FS2Crew begins with the crew already in the cold dark cockpit and ready to power up, wouldn't it make more sense that the jetway is already connect before activating the PBE? Otherwise, how would the pilots get into the plane to start it up? Just my 2 cents for realism....don't fret over it..lol..

Thanks again..

Glad you like it 😉

We could fire a jetway command as soon as the panel is opened on the initial load...  so it wouldn't be part of the pre-flight events.... but... and they're always a but... some users shut down FS2Crew then restart which could throw the jetway out of whack.

It would be nice if Simconnect could allow us to read the position of the Jetway... but alas we can't.  Maybe Asobo will add such a simvar in the future.

Also, if using FBW and PBE at the same time, do not run the pre-flight events through PBE with FBW 1.1.

Only use Pre-flight Events from FBW 1.1.  

FS2Crew FBW 1.1 controls the jetway, and ground vehicles directly now.

51 minutes ago, byork said:

Glad you like it 😉

We could fire a jetway command as soon as the panel is opened on the initial load...  so it wouldn't be part of the pre-flight events.... but... and they're always a but... some users shut down FS2Crew then restart which could throw the jetway out of whack.

It would be nice if Simconnect could allow us to read the position of the Jetway... but alas we can't.  Maybe Asobo will add such a simvar in the future.

Also, if using FBW and PBE at the same time, do not run the pre-flight events through PBE with FBW 1.1.

Only use Pre-flight Events from FBW 1.1.  

FS2Crew FBW 1.1 controls the jetway, and ground vehicles directly now.

Right..noted on the jetway part. No worries, my workaround would be to not tick the jetway option in the config and manually connect the jetway before starting the PBE. A bit of added realism there 😆

Thanks for the note regarding PBE. However, I am not using PBE at the moment so no issues for me there. 😉

Oh yes, I also noticed that the meal service does not trigger sometimes. Could it be that the cruising time is too short?

And, when the purser asks if we are ready to close, will the forward door close automatically and jetway retract? If it does, it is not happening for me....😅

Sorry for the endless questions, just popped my mind...

Edited by drgnkid

Meals trigger = Alt > 20,000 feet and  FS2Crew in Cruise mode.

So you probably weren't high enough.

Jetway should retract around time 0... but if you've manually triggered the jetway at the start, that won't happened.

We can't "read" the jetway position, so it'll only auto retract if FS2Crew was allowed to auto extend it as well.

Let's hope Asobo allows us to read the jetway position someday.

6 minutes ago, byork said:

Meals trigger = Alt > 20,000 feet and  FS2Crew in Cruise mode.

So you probably weren't high enough.

Jetway should retract around time 0... but if you've manually triggered the jetway at the start, that won't happened.

We can't "read" the jetway position, so it'll only auto retract if FS2Crew was allowed to auto extend it as well.

Let's hope Asobo allows us to read the jetway position someday.

Ok...noted on the points.

Thanks again, Bryan. You have a good day!