Sign in to follow this  
Murat Deniz Senol

Help for Aerosoft Airbus A320/21

Hello everyone, it's Murat Deniz Şenol, i am still not familiar with forum so i apologize again if i put the topic in wrong forum. 

Well, i was flying with Boeing aircrafts until today especially with the 747-400, and today i got the Aerosoft A320/21. In Boeings at cruising altitude when i get close to the top of descend i was setting a lower altitude and when i hit the top of descend, the VNAV function was starting to descend automatically. Is it possible to climb, cruise and descend automatically like boeing's vnav on Airbus? What's the routine climb and descend procedures for the A320/21?

Also i couldn't manage to push the thrust levers forward by using default keys on numpad. When i press the throttle up key, the thrust levers resisted my command and automatically bounced back to idle. 

I am familiar with basic characteristics of Airbus planes from simpler simulators but for this complex and more realistic Airbus, i need some help for some details. Thanks from now. 

Plus, i have the basic fsx, except the pmdg products and now aerosoft Airbus, i have no add-ons. 

Hi Murat,

The Airbus equivalent of VNAV is called "managed climb/descent", but the aircraft does not descend automatically at ToD, like a Boeing would. You must PUSH (left-click) the altitude knob on the FCP (autopilot) at the top of descent point or a couple of miles before, and the aircraft will follow the descent profile as commanded by the FMGS.

As for the throttle issue, I believe the AS Airbus requires a physical throttle, either a thrust lever or a thrust axis on your joystick. I don't think the thrust can be controlled via the keyboard. I could of course be wrong about this.

If you have basic FSX, make sure you have Service Pack 2 installed (which is an update to the base sim). It is listed as a requirement by Aerosoft. 

It's available here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8986

Rashid Yacine

Thanks! I have already installed service pack 2, and i don't know how did i do but somehow i succeeded to push the thrust levers to "CL" detend, but because of the not enough power i overran the runway, then i have never succeeded to push them again 

2 hours ago, DAH4062 said:

As for the throttle issue, I believe the AS Airbus requires a physical throttle, either a thrust lever or a thrust axis on your joystick

32 minutes ago, Murat Deniz Senol said:

i succeeded to push the thrust levers to "CL" detend, but because of the not enough power i overran the runway, then i have never succeeded to push them again 

As DAH4062 mentioned before, this is a system requirement already listed:

RLecLg.md.jpg