Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

MSFS start up sequence

Does anyone understand the MSFS startup sequence..?

I get various black screens, spinning circles before getting to "Checking for Updates". But today, I also got

a Gaming UI window with "Syncing your settings"..  Is this something new, or a sign of server overload?

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Started up normally for me just now , I always get a couple of black screen when starting up .

1 minute ago, johnbow72 said:

Started up normally for me just now , I always get a couple of black screen when starting up .

This time, no Gaming UI window... maybe this typically happens in the background, and only appears if it does not complete within a certain time window.. just a guess, and another MS mystery.

• Like 1

Bert

I've seen the same as you Bert. No reason, just happens occasionally to me.

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

28 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

... with "Syncing your settings"..  Is this something new, or a sign of server overload?

I usually get Syncing your settings when I use one computer running FS 2020, then later, at another time, I use a second (different) computer to run FS 2020. I believe this happens when syncing my settings from (possibly) my logbook on both computers.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I had it happen to me also.  I don't think it has anything to do with the sim.  Mine was an ad, I think from Norton to upgrade to something.

Roy

I also get sometimes, but not always a little pop of the menu music during the sequence but I have it turned off in the settings.  That's kind of annoying lol.

Thomas Derbyshire

4 hours ago, sidfadc said:

I also get sometimes, but not always a little pop of the menu music during the sequence but I have it turned off in the settings.  That's kind of annoying lol.

Yeah, that's been there from the beginning. I don't mind it, as I might have nodded off while waiting for the main screen. Wakes me up and lets me know that things are (slowly) progressing towards being able to actually do something. 😉

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.