Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

TIMECLI and TIMEVERT waypoints

It used to be the "USER" waypoint that got created by MSFS, but lately, I am seeing these two waypoints appear on my GNS530.

Does anyone know a way to get rid of them?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Not as far as I know.  In fact if you export the route and load into something like little navmap you can see TIMECLI is actually TIMECLIMB.  So I think its Asobo's way of getting clever and trying to give you specific way points to Cruise, top of descent etc.  Still highly annoying imo.

However I think these spurious waypoints are only created if you build your flightplan using the World Map.  I don't see them when I use a simbrief import but of course that doesn't work in all aircraft.  I don't think I have seen them when I build a FP in Littlenavmap and import into the World map but I could be wrong on that.

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

Select "Direct to" or create your flight plan on the GNS530 and you will get rid of them.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

To get rid of these waypoints and still keep your original flightplan, just invert the flightplan twice in he GNS530.

• Like 3

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, orchestra_nl said:

To get rid of these waypoints and still keep your original flightplan, just invert the flightplan twice in he GNS530.

Just tried that... but it did not remove the TIMEVERT waypoint... what I am doing now, is to copy my flightplans to the fpl530 folder and loading the plan into the GNS from the FPL page 2.  (after renaming to fpl1, fpl2 etc) 

That works for me.

Edit: Although custom waypoints are lost that way.. so not perfect fix..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

It used to be the "USER" waypoint that got created by MSFS, but lately, I am seeing these two waypoints appear on my GNS530.

Does anyone know a way to get rid of them?

I think this started with SU4 or 5. (not sure when, weird changes with every update.)

Has MS/Asobo commented on this word not allowed?  why are these waypoints added? what purpose do they serve?

Robin

20 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

I think this started with SU4 or 5. (not sure when, weird changes with every update.)

Has MS/Asobo commented on this word not allowed?  why are these waypoints added? what purpose do they serve?

It is noted in the FS support forum.. not sure there is a fix date though... just "upcoming update"..

Bert

If I remember correctly, these only show up on VFR flightplans, correct?

James

Perhaps vfr but the point is that TIMECLI (appears as 1st waypoint on the GPS) and nullifies the complete route on the sim's VFR map and also messes up the AP. Was this suppose to limit/reduce resources or be a benefit to Xbox users??

This logic is totally messed up.. If one builds a FP ie: in LNM and same is loaded into MSFS as a pln file, now MSFS overwrites/manipulates the FP characteristics and it doesn't appear as defined nor does AP correctly function anymore without playing with the direct to etc.  This is a major nav issue that needs to be fixed asap.

Has anyone progressed this issue on zendesk- could seem to find it?

• Like 2

The problem for me is that if I miss a waypoint on my SID and set autopilot 10 or 15 mins into the flight, it turns back to the missed waypoint.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Thank Bert, will go through that forum.

cianpars - yes that too! Best to use an alternate form of NAV and manual fly the aircraft along intended route as if there is no AP. (Safer not to use it at all 'cause we don't want to get lost and be late for dinner!

Norm

4 hours ago, Sagoland said:

At least an acknowledgement:   JummivanaSenior Community Manager [Z-7]

Sep 8

Thank you for the reports here, have run into this issue myself. Escalated to the team to ensure it’s being looked at. Edit: Looks like it is a known issue and being worked on for an upcoming update.

Bert