Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Released: MilViz Porter for MSFS2020

https://milviz.com/flight/products/PC62020/index.php

We learned a lot making our first aircraft for MSFS2020, and we are determined to make each release stretch the envelope of what is possible within the the base platform limits.

Second aircraft for 2020

Building on our experience in MSFS2020 with the FG-1D Corsair, we have managed to bring more features, a deeper immersive experience, and more fun to the Porter.

The accurate and highly detailed 3D model blends delightfully with the visual realism offered by MSFS2020.
You can tell we're proud of it right? But it's the flight model of which we are especially proud.

Working with real-life Porter pilots has let us get down to the nitty-gritty of perfectly emulated performance.
We know you want to do that tricky stuff like beta braked short runway shenanigans as per Air America, or slow diving with skydivers, and the good news is that with the Milviz PC6, you can!

Pull the power lever down to engage Beta mode and turn that huge prop into a barn-door air brake. Lift the lever over the gate and the prop will reverse pitch - for ground use only! It all works just like the real thing!

Avionics

Our Turbo-Porter uses the default G1000, with minor modifications to suit the PC6, in addition to a Bendix-King radio navigation suite including the KAP140 autopilot and the KR87 ADF. For those that prefer something more old-skool, the forthcoming Stage 2 Release will offer a full steam-gauge option, alongside more radio and navigation options.

Please note that at this time 3rd-party avionics such as the Working Title Garmin G1000 NXi are not supported nor recommended. This extends to any avionics mods or community fixes. Regarding the NXi specifically, as it matures and becomes more integrated into the simulator as per the NXi development roadmap, rest assured that we will work to ensure that it can be used seamlessly in the Porter.

4-in-one

Swapping between standard wheels and skis is easily done in real-time via our Electronic Flight Bag tablet. The Stage 2 release will add options for tundra wheels and floats; comparisons to a Swiss army knife are well deserved!

The EFB configuration utility also allows the selection of passenger and cargo variants - Set the cargo weight using the nifty slider and watch as an appropriate cargo load automagically spawns in the rear.

Stage 2 Release

The current Stage 1 release of the Porter is a complete experience, but we have greater plans to represent this iconic aircraft in more detail. To that end, we are working towards an additional Stage 2 release that will feature separate models with floats and tundra tires to expand your mission profile, as well as an earlier representation of the Porter cockpit with steam gauges and multiple radio options to suit all possible wishes. As the technology in MSFS matures and expands, we have even more plans in store!

Once Stage 2 is complete and ready for release, the price will be rising accordingly to accommodate the many extra additions and features. However, those who purchase the current Stage 1 release will benefit from ALL Stage 2 upgrades at no extra cost. Your purchase entitles you to any and all future upgrades for this product!

More fun

What is in that mysterious crate in the back?
We don't know! But we do know you can drop it out of the cargo door in the fuselage floor.

The default checklist system has been tweaked to allow completion from outside the aircraft. We hope you will agree that it is much more satisfying to remove those reds 'by-hand' rather than clicking on a checkbox.

System Requirements (Minimum):

Operating System:
Windows 10

Use of this product in any other version of Windows is not supported at this time.

Processor:
Intel i5 or AMD equivalent 2.6 Ghz or higher

Memory:
16 GB RAM

Graphics:
DirectX®11 compliant video card
8 GB video RAM or higher

System Requirements (VR):

Processor:
i9-9900K or AMD equivalent 2.6 Ghz or higher

Memory:
32 GB RAM

Graphics:
DirectX®11 compliant video card
11 GB video RAM or higher

Hard Drive Space:
2 GB available space

Supported Platforms:
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Current Product Version: 210923

Use or installation of the products(s) referenced on this page in any other platform than that intended or shown above is not supported and may result in errors or a non-functioning product.

Important:
All MilViz products require a functioning gaming controller such as a joystick for proper operation.

An internet connection is required for product activation

MSFS setup instructions

Special Features:

High resolution interior and exterior model, with high quality PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials used for realistic effects and reflections.

Detailed animations throughout the aircraft, including cabin and cockpit doors, storm window, trap doors, windshield blinds, instrumentation, and more.

External interactive details such as chocks, tie downs, and covers lend a sense of purpose and immersion to your start-up and shutdown experiences.

Skis can be outfitted on the PC-6 to allow for exciting adventures off of the beaten path!

Functional trap doors complete with the visual effect of droppable cargo!

Configurable external fuel tanks with properly emulated fuel pump behavior and annunciations.

Dynamic and fully adjustable cockpit and cabin lighting for atmospheric night flying.

Professionally recorded sound set from a real world PC-6 specifically for this release so as to provide the utmost in immersion.

Fully supports MSFS visual icing effects. The PC-6 is not rated for flight into known icing conditions, so be cautious!

Two distinct cabin configurations for hauling either passengers or cargo.

Highly detailed tablet is present in the aircraft to allow for in-depth configuration of your flight, including randomized passenger loads and a dynamic cargo system which adjusts the loaded weight and visual appearance in an intuitive manner.

Fully interactive checklist based on proper standard procedures for the PC-6. Includes custom camera behavior for 'walkaround' interactivity with external aircraft elements!

Accurate flight behavior, including realistic stall modelling and beta simulation. Beta mode can be entered into under correctly controlled circumstances while in flight to allow for heart stopping dives while staying within the allowable range for flaps extension.

Correctly replicated turboprop start up requirements have been implemented, allowing for varying ITT temperatures, up to and including catastrophic hot starts!

Engine behavior has been tuned and tested within the limitations of the default turboprop simulation to allow for a believable and approachable emulation of the well known PT6A-27.

Custom skydiving altimeter included in the passenger configuration which is able to be zeroed to field elevation.

Equipped with default avionics (G1000, KAP140, KR87 ADF) to allow for a wide range of functionality while providing a path for future simulation capabilities.

• Like 3

It looks nice but...

"Important: The PC-6 is designed to be used with the default G1000 that comes with MSFS. Use of any other avionics unit (such as the Working Title NXi, or other G1000 ‘mods’) is not supported at this time. Use of any other avionics units may hinder the functionality of the aircraft."

• Like 6

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Yeah, I saw that too.   Now I'm wondering if the newly released .0.7.0 Nxi update will have any influence in that area.    The Nxi seems to be moving along so fast at this point.

2 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Yeah, I saw that too.   Now I'm wondering if the newly released .0.7.0 Nxi update will have any influence in that area.    The Nxi seems to be moving along so fast at this point.

It would be nice to have an option!

10 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

It looks nice but...

"Important: The PC-6 is designed to be used with the default G1000 that comes with MSFS. Use of any other avionics unit (such as the Working Title NXi, or other G1000 ‘mods’) is not supported at this time. Use of any other avionics units may hinder the functionality of the aircraft."

You missed the rest of the info though - upon the NXi being at a stable build the Porter will accommodate the NXi.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Apparently that all is coming.

My understanding is, they have released a fully functional complete but basic featured version at a very good price (probably because FlightSimUA are also releasing a PC6 at some point soon) with the promise that when their fully featured and much higher priced full version comes out, any current purchaser will get access to the fully featured version at no added cost.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

You missed the rest of the info though - upon the NXi being at a stable build the Porter will accommodate the NXi.

No I didn't. My  comment refers to present time!

Also have been using  WT G1000 for more a yard and I wouldn't call unstable.

No support for WT NXi... it is a no buy for me, who will like to fly with the default G1000 today? I do not understand why it shouldn't work.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 6

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

But I want my 3-1-0,

I want my 3-1-0,

I want my 3-1-0..............

Dum Dum, de de dum dum, de de de dum dum dum, de de de dum dum dum

Dum Dum, de de dum dum, de de de dum dum, de de de dum dum dum!

Money for Nothing! I am in Dire Straits!  I want my 3-1-0....

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

8 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

No I didn't. My  comment refers to present time!

Also have been using  WT G1000 for more a yard and I wouldn't call unstable.

I think the NXi is at a great place in its development - but even WT call it early access.  I just want people to read the product as "it doesn't support the NXi right now but will once it comes out of beta or early access etc"

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Whoa!  Was this known to be in the pipeline?   My antennae didn't detect it somehow.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Well, it feels nice! Milviz is milviz !

unknown.png?width=2150&height=1209

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pilatuz said:

I'll buy it when it supports NXi

Fair enough ... just be aware they have said the more fully featured iteration will be going up in price 😄

They have stated pretty clearly you can buy the reduced price basic featured one now and get all the features later at no cost - or wait and pay full price for the full featured version later on.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1