Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Released: MilViz Porter for MSFS2020

• Like 4

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

15 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

About to buy ... but I'm not uninstalling NXi just to fly the Porter. 🙁

Hopefully Milviz will consider NXi integration in the future (later today would be nice 😂).

No NXI - its only temporary, however dont forget that NXI is in beta still so hard to implement each option if developer of NXI is changing something in his code (often). BUT soon or later it will be. Default G1000 is ok still.

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Early access Milviz? Hard pass. 

No, if you want to write about facts: NXI is in early access :blink: (and it doesn't support many models if you noticed it). MV PC-6 with G1000 definitely not in EA. 👍

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Do we have to disable the NXI to use the PC-6?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Do we have to disable the NXI to use the PC-6?

You can continue to use it if you want but you will experience issues with the AP in PC6, and the engine display (infos) will not be as intended. It should be a fairly minor thing to disable / uninstall the NXi if desired, since it’s a click or two within the sim.

No those issues with MSFS G1000 so stock tool.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

You fly a Porter you don’t have her fly you. The default 1000 is enough for what is important, situational awareness. These mud strips in the boonies don’t have fancy RNAV you know 😇. The key is the beta pitch and a good turbo simulation, everything else is frill.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

23 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

I feel bad for the other guy that has been painstaikingly develloping his Porter and shown his progress here.

Why? There, a slightly different version of Porter is developed (a completely different interior with analog gauges mostly), it also has, for example, floats, which are not here. MV converts all his P3D models to MSFS, a matter of time only.  There are always several B737s on the sim market and something for everyone. 👍

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

14 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Why? There, a slightly different version of Porter is developed (a completely different interior with analog gauges mostly), it also has, for example, floats, which are not here. MV converts all his P3D models to MSFS, a matter of time only.  There are always several B737s on the sim market and something for everyone. 👍

True, but still, it was unannounced (i think), came out of the blue, so it must be a bit of a blow. But he already confirmed he will still go through with it, so its all good 🙂

• Like 2

It is pretty simple really.

If you know the one you want is definitely the Milviz one or you just intend to get both -  buy it now and save some cash, it sounds like a good deal.

If you on the fence and are not sure - wait until they are both out and read the reviews and make an informed decision.  You may pay a little extra if you eventually go Milviz but at least there will be no buyer regret. 

• Like 1

As much as I don't like glass cockpits I have no choice but to buy this. This is my most wished for addon from any developer and with the promise of steam gauges to come, £27.69 is an ok price I think for what you will be getting now and in the future. What a nice surprise for a Friday. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

I feel bad for the other guy that has been painstaikingly develloping his Porter and shown his progress here.

Hi leprechaunlive!

Don`t worry! FSG continue to develop PC-6 as planned. To be short - we are making the same airplane but what we already know they are completely different products. 😀👍

Edited by OSM
  • Like 11

4 hours ago, Dutch727 said:

I can only speak for the Milviz C310R, but the reason for the delay has nothing to do with avionics.  The 310 was one of the first (if not the very first) aircraft we ported over to MSFS in the early days.  A lot of work went into it at that stage, and a lot of it was learning.  One of the things we learned (around the time of the release of the Corsair) was that the model and textures of the 310 as they were then just wouldn't cut it in the much more demanding visual world of MSFS.  So the model and textures were scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up and that was a major effort that took time.  That phase is done but the systems code has to be adapted to the new model and various other issues worked out before release. It's coming along well, but it's a rather ambitious project, and quality simply takes time. No way around it.  In the end I think you'll be glad you waited, even though waiting isn't fun for any of us.

Can you give any kind of idea when the PC6 might be comptible with the G1000NXi ?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned (unless I missed it) the DRM that appears to be part of the PC-6. I'm not sure about that myself as they mention it has to have a specific Windows Service running while using the product.