Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Released: MilViz Porter for MSFS2020

I just took it out for a spin for a few min. This will be a a fun one.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Can the Milviz Porter be installed in a hard drive other than that where MSFS is installed so one can use the Addon Manager?

Thanks 

Edmundo Azevedo

Pretty sure that’s a yes

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

One thing I noticed circuit breakers are not functioning. Not a big deal but I thought Milviz develops little deeper than others

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, Milviz said:

I believe that Jim (lead dev on this) has been in touch with Matt on this already.  I will ask him when he’s up.  

The service is at user level and is only, again, sending and reviving a code validation much like steam does.  If it’s not there and using the serial code given by the purchaser, the product(s) won’t work.  

We’d love to be able to use the P3D method as that was/is not as “invasive” but… we’re locked out.   

Will this be available at Simmarket anytime soon?

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Matt.  I respect that. What I wrote was not intended to be relevant to WT.  WT is the bright star in the sky.  Your NXi in particular is a huge step forward and I am fully enjoying it. The NXi and SU5 w/HFs have brought MSFS to life for me and I am fully appreciative of your presence and efforts.

That's incredibly kind of you, much thanks!

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

And even today the GTN and GNS available for MSFS fall woefully short of those previously available.

I guess the only thing I'll cheekily say here is that the GNS430/530 are also default avionics. 😉

-Matt

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 1

Nope.  Sorry.  Orbx maybe and yes to the marketplace 

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Wow this looks great, I had no idea it was imminent and will certainly pick it up tonight. I didn’t own this in P3D as I felt it had too similar of a mission profile to the Turbo Beaver so this will be all new for me.

I’m happy to hear about the beta range, I’m curious for those who already have it whether the beta range/throttle can be calibrated so the beta range starts at a particular point on the axis?  I’m thinking about the gate/detent on my TQ6 and calibrating it similar to what I can do with the CRJ or FBW Airbus for reverse thrust.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Wow this looks great, I had no idea it was imminent and will certainly pick it up tonight. I didn’t own this in P3D as I felt it had too similar of a mission profile to the Turbo Beaver so this will be all new for me.

I’m happy to hear about the beta range, I’m curious for those who already have it whether the beta range/throttle can be calibrated so the beta range starts at a particular point on the axis?  I’m thinking about the gate/detent on my TQ6 and calibrating it similar to what I can do with the CRJ or FBW Airbus for reverse thrust.

I have tried the beta range, it does work with my Logitech G Pro Throttle. I've set the reverse thrust so that when I move my throttle to the reverse detent, and then back up again it engages reverse / beta mode. Works pretty good. When I want out of beta range, I just move it to the detent once more and back up. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

We almost never do circuit breakers.  Even in the KA they don’t work.  

The 310 may have that though Dutch will decide.  

1 hour ago, ega said:

Can the Milviz Porter be installed in a hard drive other than that where MSFS is installed so one can use the Addon Manager?

Thanks 

A 'manual install' option is selectable which will place the aircraft folder on your desktop where you may want to move it to somewhere more appropriate. I've written to Milviz suggesting they may want to allow the user to specify the destination.

A.

Edited by boez
Originally incorrect info

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

Nope.  Sorry.  Orbx maybe and yes to the marketplace 

is it on market place now or will it be later?

Later

8 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Can you give any kind of idea when the PC6 might be comptible with the G1000NXi ?

Unfortunately no, because it's out of our control.  My understanding is that compatibility is dependent on the evolution of the NXi code which is still a work in progress. At some point in its evolution the few areas where odd things should up in the Porter (due to the NXi) will go away.  That could be sooner or later, it's dependent on the progress WT makes with some core code in MSFS.  I don't believe it involves any changes that need to be made on the Milviz side.

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

We almost never do circuit breakers.  Even in the KA they don’t work.  

The 310 may have that though Dutch will decide.  

The MSFS 310R will have a complete and accurate set of circuit breakers.  We're taking advantage of the circuit breaker coding options that are new to MSFS that didn't exist in P3D and would have required custom code for it in that platform.  

• Like 2

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.