Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Released: MilViz Porter for MSFS2020

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

- isn't the Porter supposed to have an oil cooler ?

On the top right of the MFD there's 3 circular buttons. The oil cooler is the one on the left. It's pushed in by default which cools the oil. Pull it out and you'll see your oil temps rise quickly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rene_Feijen said:

What is causing a hot start? And how to avoid it?

Follow the checklist and you will not induce fuel before it's needed. You dont open fuel before cranking.

Edited by jimcarrel
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Has no one listened to the hot start yet??

Are none of you Star Wars fans? 

• Like 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

7 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Please tell me you all blended in a Wilhelm Scream. 😉

-Matt

22 minutes ago, Milviz said:

ha! i knew it! 

.....but was too embarrassed to bring it up in case it was a coincidence

7 hours ago, Milviz said:

I did. That was my first attempt at starting. I then remedied my stupidity with a checklist. But the sound was rad. What does it have to do with Star Wars? 

Unfortunately I think I am the recipient of the WASM issue. Installed as I would any other add on, WASM shows running, but I get no controls from the yoke, and the fuel lever will not move out of cut off into idle. When I try with my bravo it moves forward then a mystical flight sim ghost pushes it right back to cut off. Hmmmmm

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

It is a lovely aircraft once you have learned to handle take offs and landings, she has become one of my favorites, and a perfect addition as a cargo donkey in my OnAir company. 

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

42 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

It is a lovely aircraft once you have learned to handle take offs and landings, she has become one of my favorites, and a perfect addition as a cargo donkey in my OnAir company. 

I havent Skypark (because there is no support for VR 😞 and I fly only in VR), but this its a perfect plane for this addon I suppose (if you dont prefer big jets 😉😞

https://orbxdirect.com/product/p42-the-skypark

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

17 hours ago, Tektolnes said:

On the top right of the MFD there's 3 circular buttons. The oil cooler is the one on the left. It's pushed in by default which cools the oil. Pull it out and you'll see your oil temps rise quickly.

Thank you. It is almost entirely hidden in my setup ( zoom, pilot height) by a vent pipe.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Is this thing totally worth the buy? I have tons of Cubs in my sim and the Caravan also has a turboprop? 

Is the difference the STOL and high altitude capabilities that the PC-6 has?

4 minutes ago, Azapata87 said:

Is this thing totally worth the buy? I have tons of Cubs in my sim and the Caravan also has a turboprop? 

Is the difference the STOL and high altitude capabilities that the PC-6 has?

Totally different to a Cub or Caravan. Heavy bush-mission-ready aircraft and you will learn to follow the checklist or end up bending it. I love it and think it really does feel like a Porter (long story) – at least within the limits imposed by MS/Asobo. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Azapata87 said:

Is this thing totally worth the buy?

Short answer. Yes

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.