There is an alternative - wait for this one by  FlightSimGames (FSG) :

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, fppilot said:

But I want my 3-1-0,

I want my 3-1-0,

I want my 3-1-0..............

Dum Dum, de de dum dum, de de de dum dum dum, de de de dum dum dum

Dum Dum, de de dum dum, de de de dum dum, de de de dum dum dum!

Money for Nothing! I am in Dire Straits!  I want my 3-1-0....

I feel the same way! And yeah, no NXI, No Buy. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Early access Milviz? Hard pass. 

Thats a little dramatic.  It's a finished product but they're going to add more features at a later time.  The entire MSFS is early access imo.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Interesting....perfect for your illegal errrr.. "special" cargo runs.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Interesting....perfect for your illegal errrr.. "special" cargo runs.

Night freight to L35. Don't ask don't tell container 😉 

unknown.png?width=2150&height=1209

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just now, sd_flyer said:

Night freight to L35. Don't ask don't tell container 😉 

I do see a nav light there though, not totally "black op"  😄

10 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

I feel the same way! And yeah, no NXI, No Buy. 

My best guess as to why we have not seen the Milviz 310R or B55 Baron, or offerings from A2A is avionics.  I have not seen either a 310 or 55 around where I live with G1000 avionics.  GTN and GNS are prominent and Milviz has very effectively integrated both of those GPS lines in their models for previous simulations.  So has A2A as well as Realair.  Avidyne has the other implementations I see locally and in the panels of a number of popular acclaimed youtube pilots.  But no 3rd party simulations developer I am aware of has developed the most up to date Avidyne products.

My read on all of this is that if we desire or even demand addon models with more depth then we need to find a way to bridge the Asobo misunderstanding of the importance of a variety of fully developed GPS avionics.  I sense we are waiting for arrivals that are in the shop waiting.........  and waiting....... and waiting.......

And so we wait!

And meanwhile we dance with what else showed up for the dance.

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

My read on all of this is that if we desire or even demand addon models with more depth then we need to find a way to bridge the Asobo misunderstanding of the importance of a variety of fully developed GPS avionics.

I don't think the MSFS team misunderstands any such thing. It's one of the big reasons why we were brought on board: to make the default avionics great. 🙂

-Matt

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I do see a nav light there though, not totally "black op"  😄

😉

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Hello,

hmmm - thinking twice.

No NXi or WT G1000 for the time. Because I use the NXi it will be a hassle to use the MILVIZ Porter. You can't use a "linker" to switch the NXi on/off like you can do with the WT mod.

The call for a stable release of the NXi can be a neverending story .... or at least long lasting.

And I'm not really a fan of the "glas" - and prefer the standard six and would prefer it for the use of the Porter in general.

The other Porter from the guys from the Ukraine (FSG) will have the standard six and you can use the GTN 750 too.

I'll guess - I have to wait.

Best regards

Detlef

• Like 1

"the forthcoming Stage 2 Release will offer a full steam-gauge option, alongside more radio and navigation options."

I am one to insist on a full steam-gauge option. And there will be one. So I'm in right now at the bargain price.

Old planes wearing modern radios will never be allowed on my hard drive.

Still, it's a good thing that fliers who like anachronisms can have them.

They will be able to do their thing too.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

32 minutes ago, fppilot said:

My best guess as to why we have not seen the Milviz 310R or B55 Baron, or offerings from A2A is avionics. 

I can only speak for the Milviz C310R, but the reason for the delay has nothing to do with avionics.  The 310 was one of the first (if not the very first) aircraft we ported over to MSFS in the early days.  A lot of work went into it at that stage, and a lot of it was learning.  One of the things we learned (around the time of the release of the Corsair) was that the model and textures of the 310 as they were then just wouldn't cut it in the much more demanding visual world of MSFS.  So the model and textures were scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up and that was a major effort that took time.  That phase is done but the systems code has to be adapted to the new model and various other issues worked out before release. It's coming along well, but it's a rather ambitious project, and quality simply takes time. No way around it.  In the end I think you'll be glad you waited, even though waiting isn't fun for any of us.

• Like 14

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

About to buy ... but I'm not uninstalling NXi just to fly the Porter. 🙁

Hopefully Milviz will consider NXi integration in the future (later today would be nice 😂).

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1