Sign in to follow this  
GaryK

I wonder which polish they use in the hangar?

Anyone else wish you could actually start from inside the ASOBO hangar and taxi the plane out from there? lol

• Like 4

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

It is worth noting that the product below was for "positive earth only".

Positive earth vehicles are far more efficient than the current. poorly designed. negative earth versions that have become popular lately as some form of misled cost cutting encouraged by well intention but unscientific government over regulation.

A simple analysis of how electricity works will reveal why positive earth is better.   As we all know from grade school science, electrons are negatively charged and flow from negative to positive.  Hence, electrons leave from the negative output terminal of a generator or battery and return via the positive input terminal.

This means in a negative earth vehicle all the electrons are dumped into the chassis of the vehicle in question creating negative charge issues and then must make their way willy nilly to whatever device needs electricity before eventually returning to the  battery or generator for reuse. Inefficient and wasteful.

In the much more efficient positive earth system (as developed by Lucas Electrics) the electrons are sent directly to the device that needs them before returning to a pool in the positive earth chassis where they are recycled as needed. Clearly more efficient and as a bonus better for the environment.

smoke.jpg

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

8 hours ago, WestAir said:

Anyone else wish you could actually start from inside the ASOBO hangar and taxi the plane out from there? lol

That'd be awesome - they should allow it from some larger airports.  Would be so cool.....

Edited by RobF2

I hope in the future they expand on the hangar concept in MSFS. With assistance from the likes of Continental for example it would be cool to virtually open up the cowling of a C172, hoist out the engine, place it on the workbench and tear it down. Each part labelled  with a  blurb about what it is and what it does. 

Kind of like a simpler version of what RR has done with its amazing jet engine VR training system, mind blown! This for training G650 engine techs on the RR BR75 engine. 

• Like 1

They are using "Reverse Polish".

Check the SDK documentation, "Additional Information", there is a chapter about it. 

They are applying it to all their gauge and animation code too, to make it shine.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 3

LORBY-SI

19 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

They are using "Reverse Polish".

Perfect!  Geek humor.  Gotta love it.

And Lorby's right.  It wouldn't look near as good pre-fix or in-fix as it does post-fix. 😄😄 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

edited for safety reasons........slippery floor

Edited by GaryK
safety

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

On 9/25/2021 at 9:29 PM, WestAir said:

That really is a great idea IMO.👍

• Like 1

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

It  certainly would be great to wheel the plane out of the hangar and push it back in after the flight, like 310 pilot does on youtube.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.