Sign in to follow this  
akita

Xplane Next Generation (FSexpo)

1 minute ago, Murmur said:

Goes to show how much different can be people's expectations. Although visually it's still not on the same level with the competition (in some aspects), the presentation had a lot of MEAT on multiple areas, much more than in the past. Including the new visual features.

The only visual aspect where XP12 seems to come anywhere close to MSFS is in the cockpit.

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2

Just like I said several times before: XP12 will not match or even overtake MSFS in the visual department. It will close the gap, not more.

It will solidify it´s lead in all other aspects, though 🙂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Janov said:

Just like I said several times before: XP12 will not match or even overtake MSFS in the visual department. It will close the gap, not more.

It will solidify it´s lead in all other aspects, though 🙂

What lead and in which aspects, please, sir?

• Upvote 2

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2

Simply put, it would no matter what Laminar did, people would gripe because they can, it purely a case of the miserable world we live in, no one is ever satisfied, " I deserve more", no you dont deserve anything.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, OlliePen said:

The only visual aspect where XP12 seems to come anywhere close to MSFS is in the cockpit.

.) Seasons

.) Snow accumulation

.) Rain puddles formation

.) Moving trees.

.) Real water waves

Those are the first visual features where XP12 promises to be better than the competition.

• Like 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 minute ago, OlliePen said:

What lead and in which aspects, please, sir?

If you ask about that - it would make no sense trying to explain it to you 😉

• Upvote 6

I also see it as a good blank canvas for developers to take it further... Just like with XP11, things will take time once released to see the actual true power of the new engine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

so far I am not impressed with their lighting rendering. I was expecting better.

Looks pretty nice to me!

Wow, a couple of minutes into the presentation and we have our first negative troll post followed by more negative comments from you!

Is your life seriously that borring?

Sad.......

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

7 minutes ago, Murmur said:

.) Seasons

.) Snow accumulation

.) Moving trees.

.) Real water waves

Those are the first visual features where XP12 promises to be better than the competition.

Well. MSFS does have water waves.  now the rest of the list is interesting but I am going to go back to all the point I have made so far. Lots of improvement except lighting department. Big letdown. Everything else. Looks decent

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I'm certain I'm being viewed as a troll by most people reading this thread and my posts in it.
Be that as it may, I am 1000% for competition in our niche market of flight simulation.
It keeps all parties honest.
While MSFS is my current simulator of choice, i want to have choices.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Could you actually make anything of Austin's LSD trip during his video?

symptomatic of lack of sleep for an already slightly eccentric genius. 

AutoATC Developer

The content is very interesting.
But the video editing is simply appalling!!! Does Laminar really need to show themselves as a bunch of amateurs?
Everything is wrong. The sound and video quality; some speakers don't look at the camera; the editing is jerky and unwatchable. And the Austin "trip" got me so ashamed that I literally sunk deeper in my chair.
😭

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, strider1 said:

Looks pretty nice to me!

Wow, a couple of minutes into the presentation and we have our first negative troll post followed by more negative comments from you!

Is your life seriously that borring?

Sad.......

I am an XPlane 11 user it doesn't mean I have to lay down at Austin's feet. I've look at the video from an objective perspective. I've seen lots of improvement on the weather, trees and SDK. I welcome all of it but let's be honest, from a rendering pipeline all the work they have done on the tress , clouds weather is being let down by the lighting. It just doesn't look right. It looks very flat. The same way XP11 lighting looks flat in daytime. This is something that I was hoping LR would improved on but I see very little effort on that front.  Is it too much to ask for a modern flight sim to actually look the part ? Have you seen the few frames where they were at the airport ? barely 30fps and it looks like a game that was created 7-8 years ago. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

14 minutes ago, Murmur said:

.) Seasons

.) Snow accumulation

.) Moving trees.

.) Real water waves

.) ambient sounds and fmod 2.0

this one isnt something I really thought of, but it will make a massive difference. All other sims will feel lifeless after we all get that.

Still think it is a long way off, but genuinely exciting.

Also, AutoATC survives, so I couldnt be happier tbh.

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer