Sign in to follow this  
akita

Xplane Next Generation (FSexpo)

3 minutes ago, Pascal_LSGC said:

To late, I can't unwatch it

So your whole previous post was not true as you just proved, you watched it. So it was not unwatchable.

2 things im looking forward too are the tomcat, Clouds and the ATC, not to fussed about the rest, on and airport objects, might have to get  interested in fixing up some i did with improved towers. Im a simple man. C

1 minute ago, scotchegg said:

If there’s one area where the old maxim that screenshots do not represent experience of a moving sim, it’s lighting.

The lighting through the rain blowing accurately in the wind on the window blew me away tbh, I don't think I've ever seen anything simulation that well done ever, even from a AAA title.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

1 minute ago, mSparks said:

The lighting through the rain blowing accurately in the wind on the window blew me away tbh, I don't think I've ever seen anything simulation that well done ever, even from a AAA title.

and yet the 3/4 of the presentation was really flat lighting form airport or scenery. For all of the great looking rain, they had awful and very flat lighting showcase

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

8 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Some people dont want to see

Ah, the mark of the zealot.

• Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Wow I just a XP 11.60 Preview!

Not seeing too much "Next Gen" in the graphics department. Even the 3d clouds look like XP11 before mods. Where the heck is the grass. The year is 2021 and we still have concrete terrain. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, mSparks said:

And I remember seeing some of XP11’s cloud screenshots that you felt were closer to reality than anything MSFS has and noting that what you see is really different to what I see. Not to say you’re wrong, just very different,

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

and yet the 3/4 of the presentation was really flat lighting form airport or scenery. For all of the great looking rain, they had awful and very flat lighting showcase

You gotta wait for X Plane 13 with it's new Lighting and FMOD sounds!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

And in the A330 presentation they still used the old water

And it at least one part they were still using old clouds.

And.....

Everyone is now super hyped to see it all together on their machine, behind some VR glasses.

5 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

And I remember seeing some of XP11’s cloud screenshots that you felt were closer to reality than anything MSFS has and noting that what you see is really different to what I see. Not to say you’re wrong, just very different,

Sure, because pictures of clouds in the distance look like pictures of clouds in the distance. Whereas even MSFS clouds on ultra look like plumes of smoke, and DCS destroys them all.

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, Pascal_LSGC said:

The content is very interesting.
But the video editing is simply appalling!!! Does Laminar really need to show themselves as a bunch of amateurs?
Everything is wrong. The sound and video quality; some speakers don't look at the camera; the editing is jerky and unwatchable. And the Austin "trip" got me so ashamed that I literally sunk deeper in my chair.
😭

I was about to mention Ben Red Sunburn, then I checked my monitor color profile, It was on Standard Mode vs sRGB. Ben is no longer Sunburnt on sRGB!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I think a lot of the new features focus on finally making X-Plane a living world: dynamic weather, dynamic rain and snow accumulation, dynamic seasons, environment sounds (including road and airport traffic and wind), moving trees, improved ATC with localized accents, regional water colors.

Some of these have already been featured on other sims, many of these are a novelty. Taken all together, should represent a big leap to increase the immersion of a living world.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

12 minutes ago, strider1 said:

I was about to mention Ben Red Sunburn, then I checked my monitor color profile, It was on Standard Mode vs sRGB. Ben is no longer Sunburnt on sRGB!

My monitor is calibrated. And he looks sunbunrned indeed 🙂
But I doubt youtube videos have integrated color profile. And I don't know if Firefox color corrects videos according to a profile.

32 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Wow I just a XP 11.60 Preview!

Not seeing too much "Next Gen" in the graphics department. Even the 3d clouds look like XP11 before mods. Where the heck is the grass. The year is 2021 and we still have concrete terrain. 

Last thing I want is a total revolution that will break all the things I love about current XP11.  I am happy they are taking a more conservative evolutionary step. Imagine Laminar Research replace XP11 UI with a clunky one from MSFS just to be "next gen".  Like the saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" .  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

Personally, I think it looks awesome.  Physics based lighting.  Overhauled weather engine.  New water.  No overly saturated colors or excessive ambient occlusion.  

I'm sold.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2