Sign in to follow this  
akita

Xplane Next Generation (FSexpo)

2 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Absolutely. I would add P3D and DCS to the list...

1. MSFS offers amazing graphics, built-in ortho-scenery and a growing list of quality aircraft;

2. XP11/12 has a more sandbox approach, with quality add-ons, including some older aircraft that I love like the 727 and the 737-200/300;

3. P3D offers top-of-the line tube-liners that, someday, will be available in MSFS (could ditch it once that happens);

4. DCS delivers unmatched combat simulation and high-fidelity models. Having flown the Heatblur F14 extensively, I am sure that XP12's model will not be comparable.

Suggestion... Add Il2-BoX to the party 😁

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 minutes ago, jcomm said:

BiologicalNanobot which being an MFS, P3D user is also a XP user

You forgot DCS and FlightGear too, really liking both. FlightGear still has the most realistic space shuttle and MD-11 in any flight simulator right now.

• Like 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

So Austin and Co couldn't use a better opening video? First it said captured in 4k but the video wasn't 4k and it was was stuttering mess, then Austin started tripping out that went on for way too long I started to think the feed was hacked 🤦🏼‍♂️. The whole stream seems like amateur hr

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

You forgot DCS and FlightGear too, really liking both. FlightGear still has the most realistic space shuttle and MD-11 in any flight simulator right now.

Oops, my bad 😉

I also install FGfrom time to time, and Idid try the Shuttle, and I believe it should be very detailled, but it is just too complex for me 😕

Allow me to suggest IL-2 BoX - a flight simulator I really enjoy in terms of the "feel of flight"...

Ah, an Md-11 ... At least now some lucky users can finally vly  Classic 742 in X-Plane, and everything I read and watch in tubes about it really makes me want to have it too, although it looks heavy on the frames, and from the videos and feedback, not at the level of Aerowinx for instance when it comes to ground effect and pitching moments due to thrust at least as far as I can tell, but these are probably picky details for most, but I'm a picky beast... 😁

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

they have to come in here from the MSFS forums

inevitably, whenever a new version or a new SIM enters the stage, people will check and compare and re-evaluate the alternatives, just like in many other areas in life. I find this very normal and interesting, facts as well as opinions, as long as its clear what is what.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

15 hours ago, RXP said:

Maybe they didn't manage to postpone FSExpo for 6 months just for them?

Otherwise I agree the lighting is improved in these videos but maybe not fully complete. After all, Ben has posted a blog about the new lighting system only a month ago (about) where he explains they'll implement a physically correct lighting engine. So what they've shown is most likely the early phases of it only.

Agree.  One thing for many to consider is I don't think they used the same version of X-Plane 12 to create the whole video. In some sections, I can see the old clouds.  I am seeing a lot of nitpicking going on many imperfection but don't think using a early "game trailer" is a good judge. It is just meant to be a tech demo. 

• Upvote 1

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, GoranM said:

Does MSFS use physics based lighting?  The lighting looks vastly different in MSFS, and I'm thinking the colors are overly saturated and occlusion overly done just to make it look better.  Physics is physics, and the lighting can't look different between sims if they BOTH use PBL.

yes MSFS uses PBR everywhere and to be honest real lighting would require  Ray Tracing Global Illumination which both Xplane and MSFS doesn't have at this moment.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

which both Xplane and MSFS doesn't have

another one who dares comparing features between 2 different simulators. that is an absolute no-go around here, Sssirrrr!

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

Just now, turbomax said:

another one who dares comparing features between 2 different simulators. that is an absolute no-go around here, Sssirrrr!

I know some of you only have 1 sim but I have all 3 and I fly all 3. People are not all haters you know. I have as much aircraft in XP11 than I do in MSFS or P3D. 

• Like 3

All of the MS people forget that when they showed the preview for the upcoming 2020 came out it was not what was released. The sim is still broken in many ways. XP has done a good job in trying to please their customer base. XP is a different sim and will always be. The fact that you will be able to use your existing 3rd party addons is a good feature. I do have MSFS nd was an alpha tester, so I'm not putting MS down. I just feel like everyone wants something and no matter what either sim does, someone will not be satisfied.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I know some of you only have 1 sim but I have all 3 and I fly all 3. People are not all haters you know. I have as much aircraft in XP11 than I do in MSFS or P3D. 

I have more in XP than in MSFS by far.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

For all the great bullshot that they showed. This is what I noticed during the video.  I am not sure if this is because of YT compression but this looks like XPlane 11 with better tree. Everything else is terrible. very flat lighting, low resolution texture. very generic autogen. This is what I am talking about.  Also the LDO seems to be very small. 

spacer.png

I don't want to hate on XPlane 12 as I will be buying it but this capture doesn't scream next-generation. Even the cloud looks kind of 2D. So why show this during the presentation ? This doesn't do them any favor.  Before you guys start calling me an hater, There is a lot of things I liked about the presentation like the weather and changes to the SDK.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

Realistic scenery of the entire planet is the only real killer feature MSFS has,

Realistic graphics AND realistic scenery of the entire planet ARE the only real killer feature MSFS has. agreed.

• Like 1

very nice.

29 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

spacer.png

But this literaly says "sound". So this build that they captured on is focused on sound, maybe with some few new additions while they are building the "final" Xplane12.

On others, like the trees on the beach, you can still see the old water, on some you can still see old clouds or lighting and even old trees. We are yet to see other features mentioned like shader based water coloring, snow accucumlation, mentioned lighting effects (how does it look at night?!) and most notably, they didn't even re-cut the global scenery to come in Xplane12.

Add the fact that there is no mention about timelines, pricing and hardware specs. Obvious they need more time to build the final version.

Edited by akita
  • Upvote 1