Sign in to follow this  
akita

Xplane Next Generation (FSexpo)

12 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Not sure if you realize, but Austin doesn't come to avsim...ever. 

Don't under why don't you ignore these kinda posts and users ? eventually they will stop 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

So anyway…that Citation X looks pretty awesome right!? 

As for the rest of it, time will tell. I’ll definitely be patiently waiting to see the if Austin’s weather engine avoids some the shortcomings of the other sim.

As for ATC improvements…ANYTHING is an improvement over the current system. 

Chris

10 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Don't under why don't you ignore these kinda posts and users ?

Very weak willpower.

10 minutes ago, Humpty said:

eventually they will stop 

They will only stop when X-Plane ends.  They can't help themselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Both X-Plane and Prepar3D has been dead for me for awhile now. Competition is what will make other flight sims better. I'm all for that. And that weird trippy weather video with Austin's face floating all over the place reminds me of this video:

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

that weird trippy weather video with Austin's face floating all over the place

I quite liked that. Spiced up what was otherwise a bit of a dry presentation. I can totally imagine the others in the team saying it’s not a good idea but Austin saying, ‘trust me, it’s funny’🤪

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

27 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Both X-Plane and Prepar3D has been dead for me for awhile now. Competition is what will make other flight sims better. I'm all for that. And that weird trippy weather video with Austin's face floating all over the place reminds me of this video:

And thats fine, MSFS is the perfect flight sim for people who are afraid of guns and never intend to go near or build a real cockpit, and LR and LM have always made it clear that people who never intend to go near or build a real cockpit are not the target audiance of any of the XP or P3D series.

I can respect that.

Can you respect that for the rest of us these things can be a literal matter of life and death, not just for us pilots, but for our friends and loved ones that travel with us and the people on the ground we could take out if we screw up.

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

10 minutes ago, mSparks said:

And thats fine, MSFS is the perfect flight sim for people who are afraid of guns and never intend to go near or build a real cockpit, and LR and LM have always made it clear that people who never intend to go near or build a real cockpit are not the target audiance of any of the XP or P3D series.

I can respect that.

Can you respect that for the rest of us these things can be a literal matter of life and death, not just for us pilots, but for our friends and loved ones that travel with us and the people on the ground we could take out if we screw up.

There are home cockpits being made using flight simulator

Eg

Watch "MSFS2020 737 Home Cockpit" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rjVI3eSTwq4

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Theboot100 said:

home cockpits

im not talking about "home cockpits" for people who cant afford 6000eur or dont have the smarts for a c172 ppl

Im talking about

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, PaulBB said:

I was there and talked to them, don't expect anything major on scenery from above 5000 to 35000+ they are all generic texture and building, repeat will be there from object, texture and so on. They did not want to show these, are not related to unfinished, you will see some detailed scenery the rest of the world all generic,The 3d trees are rendered in very very low altitude and in short range, a line appears when this is draw. From above it look like XP11 a bit enhanced but nothing major improvement on this area, but this is Austin philosophy, he clearly stated tons of time, not a surprise.

Another thing Austin talked, the performance won't be anything near XP11, expect significant drop.

This is probably the most honest message ever posted on this forum. I suspected all these things. But it's reinforcing to hear it from someone who was actually there and who talked honestly to the LR team. I noticed that the LR demo video was choppy and of very poor FPS. If XP12 suffers poorer performance than XP11, no one will buy it when you can buy a much-better-looking, far-better-performing sim. And save me all the comments about your holy flight model superiority. Your flight model isn't going to be worth much when you're only getting 20FPS, even over repetitive, generic scenery. 

• Like 5

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

8 minutes ago, David Mills said:

even over repetitive, generic scenery.

No, XP12 will not have worse NYC than

Nothing about what paul said extrapolates in that direction.

Oh, and Im still waiting for someone to show me better than that available now, you up for it?

I know its not fair to compare freeware (the plane in that vid) with payware,

but you can grab a e2000 for your favourite sim from

https://secure.simmarket.com/informatica-az-eurofighter-typhoon.phtml

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

12 minutes ago, David Mills said:

This is probably the most honest message ever posted on this forum.

First of all, Paul claimed to have spoken to Austin.  But let's say he did.  And performance won't be as good (just to humor you, David.)

If I'm getting 120fps in XP11, and I end up getting 100fps in XP12, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with that.  

I noticed that the LR demo video was choppy and of very poor FPS.

Very poor fps is a slideshow as far as I'm concerned.  That video was hardly a slideshow...not to mention a work in progress.

If XP12 suffers poorer performance than XP11, no one will buy it when you can buy a much-better-looking, far-better-performing sim.

No one??  Really?  Isn't that what many of you said about a year ago?  

Final nail in the coffin, etc...?

And save me all the comments about your holy flight model superiority.

But it is superior.  Sorry to tell you.

Your flight model isn't going to be worth much when you're only getting 20FPS

Can you please link to where anyone said XP12 will be getting 20fps across the board, regardless of hardware and render settings?

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Can you please link to where anyone said XP12 will be getting 20fps across the board, regardless of hardware?

The video didn't say that of course. But the choppiness speaks for itself. And I assume the demo was captured on a machine far superior to most. My prediction is that the final release -- and I do mean "final release" -- of X-Plane 12 will be lollygagged out for another 18 months, hoping for newer hardware to mask the inefficiency of the underlying code. But by then, MSFS will have been adopted by 90% of simmers -- and X-Plane will be used only by Austin and His twelve Disciples.

• Like 3

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

3 minutes ago, David Mills said:

The video didn't say that of course. But the choppiness speaks for itself. And I assume the demo was captured on a machine far superior to most. My prediction is that the final release -- and I do mean "final release" -- of X-Plane 12 will be lollygagged out for another 18 months, hoping for newer hardware to mask the inefficiency of the underlying code. But by then, MSFS will have been adopted by 90% of simmers -- and X-Plane will be used only by Austin and His twelve Disciples.

Many assumptions. No facts. Come on, David. Can’t you do better?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, David Mills said:

The video didn't say that of course. But the choppiness speaks for itself

Should be careful assuming performance from a video capture. It's not uncommon for the choppiness to be caused / amplified by the video software.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea