Sign in to follow this  
DarkMantle

Honeycomb setup advice please

I have both the throttle and yolk, and both are not working to well.  With the yolk, every plane I fly always rolls to the left.  If I level out, let go for a second and it's rolling fairly quick to the left.  The rest of it seems fine.  I've tried the calibration mode a few times.  As for the throttle.   None of the aircraft follow the heading command.  It's illuminated on both the quadrant and the aircrafts flight control panel and it's not following the bug.  No idea if this is Sim update issue or if I'm doing something wrong.

I noticed that after the latest HF I had problems with assignments. I found that no matter what I did I couldn't turn the AP off, which meant the yoke was always trying to turn. . I tracked it down to the set VS hold assignment on the throttle {button 20).once I deleted it I could turn the AP off and it worked fine. 

First thing to do is remove all duplicate assignments for the switches......some of the toggles on the Bravo and the ones on the Alpha share the same function..... I left the Alpha as default and re-assigned the Bravo toggles.

• Like 1

Jay

13 minutes ago, DarkMantle said:

The switches appear to be doing what they're supposed to.  It's the aircraft that's not following the command 

Ok so check then the assignments for the respective axis (plural).  There are just too many of us using the Alpha and Bravo quite successfully.  That is one clear indication.  The second clear indication is that you are experiencing issues with using both.  I recommend you erase the term default from your thoughts and drill into what is established in settings.  You could have changed or added settings and then possibly overwritten the default profiles.  If that is indeed possible then you may not be able to return to true default settings.  I am not certain about that.  Perhaps someone else can affirm or dispute this.

Are you doing anything with the AP before takeoff?  Anything?  If so please detail exactly what you are doing.  Not asking about presetting a target altitude or initial heading.  Are you pressing any of the AP keys/buttons on either the Bravo or on the MFD of the MSFS panel(s)? 

What are you using for rudder control?  And in specifically which models are you having this experience?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Ok so check then the assignments for the respective axis (plural).  There are just too many of us using the Alpha and Bravo quite successfully.  That is one clear indication.  The second clear indication is that you are experiencing issues with using both.  I recommend you erase the term default from your thoughts and drill into what is established in settings.  You could have changed or added settings and then possibly overwritten the default profiles.  If that is indeed possible then you may not be able to return to true default settings.  I am not certain about that.  Perhaps someone else can affirm or dispute this.

Are you doing anything with the AP before takeoff?  Anything?  If so please detail exactly what you are doing.  Not asking about presetting a target altitude or initial heading.  Are you pressing any of the AP keys/buttons on either the Bravo or on the MFD of the MSFS panel(s)? 

What are you using for rudder control?  And in specifically which models are you having this experience?

The problem is with the heading in particular. Even if I select the heading from the aircrafts panel with the mouse, it still won't follow the command. Both the aircrafts own panel and the throttle quadrant will move the heading bug but the aircraft will not follow. The flight director reacts but the plane doesn't follow. It just ignores it. Alt and VS both work. As for the yolk, I have to trim 1.8 degrees right wing down on every aircraft to avoid the roll. I'll do as you suggest and wipe everything clean and try a new setup. I have CH pedals. All I do is preset the AP for heading and ALT, arm them then take off. Then I'll initiate the AP on the climb. It'll capture the ALT just ignores heading. 

Edited by DarkMantle

30 minutes ago, DarkMantle said:

The problem is with the heading in particular. Even if I select the heading from the aircrafts panel with the mouse, it still won't follow the command. Both the aircrafts own panel and the throttle quadrant will move the heading bug but the aircraft will not follow. The flight director reacts but the plane doesn't follow. It just ignores it. Alt and VS both work. As for the yolk, I have to trim 1.8 degrees right wing down on every aircraft to avoid the roll. I'll do as you suggest and wipe everything clean and try a new setup. I have CH pedals. All I do is preset the AP for heading and ALT, arm them then take off. Then I'll initiate the AP on the climb. It'll capture the ALT just ignores heading. 

Try disconnecting those CH pedals and observe results.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have the exact same setup as you, honeycomb alpha, bravo and ch pedals and all works as It should so there is definitely something going on.

Did you adjust any curve profiles for the yoke?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

30 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I have the exact same setup as you, honeycomb alpha, bravo and ch pedals and all works as It should so there is definitely something going on.

Did you adjust any curve profiles for the yoke?

There are three controls involved, not one.  Roll appears to be the issue.  Isolate and eliminate.  I continue to recommend disconnecting the pedals.  Should be able to get up off of a 150 ft wide runway and see what happens.  If better straight and level with no pedals then the issue has been identified.  If not, reconnect the pedals and disconnect the yoke.  The throttle can be controlled with the mouse. And with flaps, also controlled with a mouse click, speed down the runway will get the planes airborne.  Then see what happens.  I do not believe the Bravo is the culprit, unless the roll is created in only twin engine aircraft due to power differential between the two engines.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I want to eventually buy a HC Bravo myself and I am curious about different users wait times and price premiums over MSRP paid. I want to determine find the best deal I can now or continue to wait and use my CH until the market is better.

Edited by Gary1124

1 hour ago, Gary1124 said:

I want to eventually buy a HC Bravo myself and I am curious about different users wait times and price premiums over MSRP paid. I want to determine find the best deal I can now or continue to wait and use my CH until the market is better.

Bought mine from Aerosoft earlier in the week for 235 EUR + taxes/shipping and, even though the website said I should only expect it by October, it is already here. 

It is indeed a nice device and highly recommended if you fly often with different types of aircraft, especially for those with 3+ engines. 

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

8 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

I paid MSRP for both alpha and bravo a month and a bit ago. I signed up to an email notification with an aviation supply store located in my country (Canada), and within 2 weeks I received an email stating they had some in stock, about a week after that they were at my door. And I agree with GCBraun, they are excellent devices and adds a great deal to the immersion. Not sure I could go without them anymore.

Edited by flyinpilot212121
  • Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Try Rudder Trim.. I find that I am constantly adjusting this during flight to keep straight and level and a centered meatball.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Believe it or not it was the roll sensitivity that was the problem.  I reset it to default and it's working now. Thanks for the help

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

I ordered from Newegg on August 3rd for $249.99 while it was on backorder, but before the manufacturer price increase.  They don't charge until shipment, and it shipped this week at the original price despite now being listed for $279.99.  It arrives today, so I'm pretty excited.