19 minutes ago, somiller said:

Nico,

With a fresh download of RLTS will it solve this problem:

Could not be created:
  B739 DAL "739 DAL"
  B739 UAL "739 UAL"
  C25B DJR "BE40 LXJ"
  LJ75  "BE40 VJT"

I don't see why not. It is always better to start with a fresh download. PSXT_MSFS has changed  a lot of the titles with a wrong registration code because they have the same wrong atc_id. PSXT_MSFS 28.2 solves that problem too.

Edited by kiek

Nico,

Well I seem to have had some success getting aircraft to takeoff. None of the B73X liveries of either IVAO or RLTS would takeoff...NONE, so I decided to do a test. It seemed all IVAO B77W liveries takeoff correctly so I copied the model files from the B77W and replaced ALL B73X with the copied files. At first it didn't change anything until I deleted the cached files in AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\$PC$. Once cache was deleted I restarted MSFS and sure enough ALL B73X liveries were able to takeoff. The only downside I can see is that when taxiing or parked they hover about 2 feet off the ground - I'm sure it's because the landing gear is longer on B77X aircraft.

I don't know what it is in the bad model files that keep those aircraft from taking off, and the files that seem to work aren't human readable files so I don't really have any idea how to troubleshoot this problem.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

3 hours ago, somiller said:

Nico,

Well I seem to have had some success getting aircraft to takeoff. None of the B73X liveries of either IVAO or RLTS would takeoff...NONE, so I decided to do a test. It seemed all IVAO B77W liveries takeoff correctly so I copied the model files from the B77W and replaced ALL B73X with the copied files. At first it didn't change anything until I deleted the cached files in AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\$PC$. Once cache was deleted I restarted MSFS and sure enough ALL B73X liveries were able to takeoff. The only downside I can see is that when taxiing or parked they hover about 2 feet off the ground - I'm sure it's because the landing gear is longer on B77X aircraft.

I don't know what it is in the bad model files that keep those aircraft from taking off, and the files that seem to work aren't human readable files so I don't really have any idea how to troubleshoot this problem.

It is a mystery to me too.

From IVAO I saw all B788, A319, A320 and A332 takeoff but but no B73xs.... It looks like there is something in the model that forces them to act as an ai aircraft instead of a dumb object that is slewed through the air by PSXT; they keep attached to the ground as if they wait for an ai command to take-off. ..

I also do not know how I can let the aircraft follow sloped runways.

Edited by kiek

7 hours ago, somiller said:

Nico,

only copied the model.cfg file or all four files from model folder??

thanks

Edited by motishow

5 hours ago, motishow said:

only copied the model.cfg file or all four files from model folder??

thanks

From IVAO B77W model folder these (3) files: B77W.bin; B77W.gltf; B77W.xml

Example how to modify aircraft using RLTS B737-800:

In the model.cfg you'll see this:

[models]
normal=FAIB7378   (Change this to: normal=FAIB7378.xml

Change the filenames of the other files to:

FAIB7378.bin; FAIB7378.gltf; FAIB7378.xml

After making your changes in order for this to work you MUST empty AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\$PC$ to get rid of cached models and restart MSFS.

This clearly is an inelegant solution and not something I'm going to bother with, but it seems to work if you want to spend the time.

As I mentioned above any aircraft that have a different landing gear length than the 77W will not sit properly on the ground. Aircraft with shorter gear will float.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

thanks a lot Somiller, that's is better that nothing, don't know if it can be solved modifying the contact points values  of flight_model.cfg in B7378 and write the contatct ponts values of B777x

Why don't you take the A320 files from IVAO? That one is more similar in size to the B738.

And the A319 for B737, A321 for B739.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kiek said:

Why don't you take the A320 files from IVAO? That one is more similar in size to the B738.

And the A319 for B737, A321 for B739.

Nico,

Yes I considered that but I hadn't yet figured out which of the A320's was the one that would takeoff. So far I don't believe I've seen an A319 takeoff.

Another model that could be used, say for CRJ/ERJ is RLTS AT73 seems to takeoff reliably.

8 hours ago, motishow said:

thanks a lot Somiller, that's is better that nothing, don't know if it can be solved modifying the contact points values  of flight_model.cfg in B7378 and write the contatct ponts values of B777x

I suppose it's possible...hadn't gotten that far.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Hi guys,

Did some more testing today and I found out that some IVAO B738's do take-off....

I'm now working on a work-around.:

If an aircraft does not rotate (at Vr) - an indication that it is not able to take-off-  it will be removed immediately from the sim, instead of doing a cross country/city tour as it does now.

The remaining positions for the aircraft are saved and used immediately to get the aircraft in the air as soon as possible. 

So after a very short hick-up you will see the aircraft continue its flight.

All this until a good AI package becomes available...

Nico 

EDIT: available now in 28.3

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1