Sign in to follow this  
Guest icebrain

New 757's?

Guest Weeman

Anyone know of any new 757s coming out for flight sim. I love the captain sim 757 but i am a big fan of flexing wings and a 757 definately has to have them. Let me know if any of you have seen anything....

Guest bjablonka

That one is for FS 9 only, not FSX.

Guest Weeman

Thanks man...That EXACTLY what i was looking for..That is a gorgeous 757. never heard of the group but i sure am anxious now. thanks again man.

Level D is making a 757 for FSX, but there has been no news on it for a couple of years now.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest LSflyguy

Sorry Jeff, but that's just not correct information regarding Level-D. There's an announcement in the Level-D forums as follows: "Rest assured that Level-D Simulations continues to develop the anticipated 757 for FSX, with details to follow after the release of the 767 FSX upgrade. The 757 will contain cutting edge technology, and all the features and standards you expect from Level-D Simulations (and a few surprises)." The above announcement is dated December 12, 2006. The 767 upgrade is currently in beta testing and should be released in the next month or so. (Obviously dependent on the progress of beta testing.) We should be hearing more info from the development team about the new 757 in the not-too-distant future. If the Level-D 757 is anywhere near as good as their 767 (and I expect it will actually be better), then it will definitely be worth waiting for. The Level-D team was at the AVSIM Conference last September, and broadly hinted that the new 757 features would be very, very cool. The team tends to be very conservative in their pronouncements, so if they're visibly excited about the new jet, then so am I.

Oh, must have have missed that one, thanks.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest LSflyguy

No problem, Jeff. A few additional points about the Level-D that may be of interest to you and other readers: - the Level-D team has announced that their new 757 is being developed exclusively for FSX. There will be no FS9 version. This goes a long way towards explaining the long development time for Level-D's new 757, although other factors were also involved. - for anyone who is not familiar with Level-D, their approach is to model the actual Boeing systems (not to mention excellent aircraft exteriors) as accurately as possible within the technological constraints of MS Flight Simulator. Level-D products require a considerable investment of time to fly properly -- the Operations Manual for their 767 product runs to nearly 400 pages. You should expect to do most of your flying with a very accurately modeled and fully-featured Flight Management Computer (FMC). If you are a "casual simmer" who just wants to jump into the cockpit and joyride, then Level-D might be a more complex sim than you need. - while the 757 and 767 aircraft share an ATP type rating, there are in fact significant differences in cockpit configuration, aircraft "feel," and of course performance. If you are already familiar with the 767, it won't be as if you're buying the same aircraft all over again. - to the best of my knowledge, the Level-D team has not announced which particular variant(s) of the 757 are being modeled, including the different engines that are available. I've heard rumors that their focus is on the 757-200 but I have not seen this confirmed by the developers as yet. - Level-D has a well-earned reputation for exceptional products and outstanding customer support. They will not release a product until it meets their quality standards, and they are not concerned with meeting an arbitrary release date. Don't even expect Level-D to comment on release dates, beyond saying "it will be ready when it's ready." (Level-D has not even hinted at a specific release date for the 757 as yet.) If you're impatient, and gotta-have-it-now, then you'll probably be happier with another developer. - if you're willing to be patient while the Level-D folks take whatever time they need to "get it right," then you can expect to be rewarded with the best, most accurate, simulation of the Boeing 757 outside of a full-motion simulator. Level-D has nearly a cult following of users who want to get as "serious" with their simming of modern jetliners as PC technology will allow. Hope this helps. And no, I'm not at all biased in favor of Level-D. =)

>Sorry Jeff, but that's just not correct information regarding>Level-D. There's an announcement in the Level-D forums as>follows: >>"Rest assured that Level-D Simulations continues to develop>the anticipated 757 for FSX, with details to follow after the>release of the 767 FSX upgrade. The 757 will contain cutting>edge technology, and all the features and standards you expect>from Level-D Simulations (and a few surprises)." >>The above announcement is dated December 12, 2006. The 767>upgrade is currently in beta testing and should be released in>the next month or so. (Obviously dependent on the progress of>beta testing.) We should be hearing more info from the>development team about the new 757 in the not-too-distant>future. >>If the Level-D 757 is anywhere near as good as their 767 (and>I expect it will actually be better), then it will definitely>be worth waiting for. The Level-D team was at the AVSIM>Conference last September, and broadly hinted that the new 757>features would be very, very cool. The team tends to be very>conservative in their pronouncements, so if they're visibly>excited about the new jet, then so am I. >>>>Actually he is correct you know. No news = no proof of progress. In fact, all that we have heard about the 757 is that it will be made. Not a single line of proof that it has even been started yet. Just announcements like this which are beyond vague and belittling any inquiries by people..

Guest LSflyguy

>>Actually he is correct you know. No news = no proof of>progress. In fact, all that we have heard about the 757 is>that it will be made. Not a single line of proof that it has>even been started yet. Just announcements like this which are>beyond vague and belittling any inquiries by people.. >Actually this gave me a good laugh, since (a) you obviously don't know what the definition of "news" is (hint: the definition doesn't include "proof of progress"), and (:( you have conveniently chosen to ignore what Level-D has actually stated about the 757. To help you out with this, here are the specifics: - Level-D has said they are continuing development of the 757. Clearly, that's newsworthy. - Level-D has stated that the 757 is being designed exclusively for FSX, and won't be backwardly-compatible with FS9. Wow... even more news. - Level-D has told us the 757 will include cutting-edge features and will meet or exceed the quality standards of their highly-regarded 767. My goodness, still more news right there. - Level-D is putting first priority on release of the 767 FSX upgrade, and once that's completed they will announce further details of their 757 project. Gee, news again! I'd say we've been given quite a bit of useful information from Level-D's small development team. What Level-D have NOT done is to make a lot of empty promises or to advertise arbitrary timelines, and I commend them for it. Contrast this with certain other developers which hype a "block" development approach and then fail to live up to expectations. Personally I'll take Level-D's more conservative approach any day, and I know that Level-D has consistently proven that their final product will be second to none. Any company, including Level-D, has an absolute right to remain silent regarding its development plans. This is especially valid in a competitive business environment. Your gibberish about "proof of progress" being required is utterly absurd, as is your phony assertion that Level-D "belittles" anyone. Perhaps you can explain how Level-D walked away with the "User's Choice" trophy at the last AVSIM Awards ceremony if they are such a rude and unresponsive group? Getting back to the original point, I suggest you look up the word "news" in any good dictionary of the english language. You'll find it conveniently located under the letter "N". The only thing you're really criticizing here is your own impatience, and you make yourself look foolish when you appear to question the integrity of one of the flight sim community's most outstanding group of developers.

Guest icebrain

BUT... no news != proof of no progressIn other words, just because they haven't said anything recently doesn't mean they aren't working on it. You must be careful how you word things.