Sign in to follow this  
Kilofoxtrot06

Unable to Import Scenery - Taxi Mnt

I have previously imported taxiways for use in MSFS and the Pilot2ATC worked perfectly. 

However I recently installed Real Taxiways USA - Class B, C, D & Non-towered Airports which improves the accuracy of the many airport taxiways in the US.  When I tried to update the taxiways in Pilot2ATC the program seizes up and then eventually comes back with a very long error message which starts with "Error deleting old data. Import aborted" followed by various lines about Sql clients I don't understand.

Is there something I am doing wrong?  How I do I fix this?

Thanks

Dave

I would have to see the whole error message to be able to diagnose it.

Please take a screenshot and email it to me at admin@pilot2atc.com.

If you could also send the LogFile created after you shut down P2A, that would likely help also.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
After shutting down, the most recent one would be the one to send.

Dave

Hello.  I have been using P2A for a while and love it!  I won't fly without it ... awesome.

I have been having difficulties importing gates and taxiways from an x-plane 11 payware airport.  X-plane sees all the gates and scenery correctly.  But when I try to import the gates into P2A using Taxi Mnt it appears to operate correctly, but it only pulls in the default (very few) gates from X-plane, not the many gates it should.

The payware airport is on a different drive from the x-plane install drive.  I use a Windows shortcut in Custom Scenery to point to the airport and have the corresponding correct entry in scenery_packs.ini.  Again, x-plane sees the airport and gates etc correctly doing this.  But it appears that P2A does not follow a Windows shortcut when searching the x-plane home directory for importing the airport.  

Is this correct behavior?  Is it required to actually have the payware airport in the Custom Scenery install area and drive?  Is the answer to use and Windows simlink instead of a normal shortcut to the airport?

I have x-plane v 11.55r2 and P2A  v 2.6.2.3_x64_R2

P2A uses normal file commands to access the folder you select in the X-Plane Root path pane on the import page of TaxiMnt.  If you can find the correct folder in P2A to set the folder, then P2A should be able to use it.

Another possibility is the file doesn't define gates in the standard manor with lines starting with 1300 and 1301, but I suspect it does.

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks.

I misspoke, the install directory for X-Plane and the airport are on the same drive. For the rest of the discussion:

The X-Plane install directory is "E:\X-Plane 11 1155r2"

I am trying to keep the airport in "E:\X-Plane 11 Content\Custom Scenery\KSLC Salt Lake City International"

The import directory I have set in Taxi Mnt is: "E:\X-Plane 11 1155r2"

I played around with it and found this:

1) If I just move the airport into the X-Plane Custom Scenery folder like normal, P2A correctly finds the airport imports everything fine.

The line in scenery_packs.ini becomes: "SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSLC - Salt Lake City International/"

2) If I use a Windows simlink (using mklink), P2A correctly again finds the airport imports everything fine.

The line in scenery_packs.ini is again: "SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSLC - Salt Lake City International/"

3) But if use a normal Windows link in E:\X-Plane 11 1155r2\Custom Scenery to the airport , P2A does not find the airport.

The line in scenery_packs.ini becomes: "SCENERY_PACK E:\X-Plane 11 Content\Custom Scenery\KSLC - Salt Lake City International/"

In all these cases, X-Plane loads the gates and scenery just fine. The gates in apt.dat do use 1300 and 1301. It looks link maybe P2A doesn't like the directory path stuff (E:\ ...../) in the scenery_packs.ini.  Any ideas?  If I have to use simlinks I will, its just a pain.

Thanks-

NormAB

P2A expects a folder named "Custom Scenery" in the Folder specified in TaxiMnt, within which a scenery_packs.ini file exists.

So try taking \Custom Scenery out of your specified link in P2A.

Dave

I don't understand.  The X-Plane install directory is  "E:\X-Plane 11 1155r2", and there is the normal folder under that,  "E:\X-Plane 11 1155r2\Custom Scenery" that has all the normal scenery.   And the directory I have specified in Txi Mnt is  "E:\X-Plane 11 1155r2".  The issue comes how to put a Windows shortcut within  "E:\X-Plane 11 1155r2\Custom Scenery".

The relevant section of "E:\X-Plane 11 1155r2\Custom Scenery\scenery_packs.ini":

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK E:\X-Plane 11 Content\Custom Scenery\KSLC - Salt Lake City International/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/

-NormAB

P2A only looks in the Custom Scenery Folder for the Scenery folders.  There is no mechanism to have it look in a different folder.

You could put all your Custom Scenery in the folder named E:\X-Plane 11 Content\Custom Scenery and then put E:\X-Plane 11 Content in the X-Plane Root folder box in Taxi Mnt and that would find you custom scenery.

Dave

Okay I tried this.  I get " Cannot locate the Scenery file in the designated import Source Directory."   

The "E:\X-Plane 11 Content\Custom Scenery\KSLC - Salt Lake City International" directory is definitely there (but that is the only directory there). 

-NormAB

Ahhh.  I had to also put a dummy scenery_packs.ini file in "E:\X-Plane 11 Content\Custom Scenery" as well, that has the line:

"SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSLC - Salt Lake City International/"

This way I can have my base "Custom Scenery" in the X-Plane area, and my own "Custom Scenery" elsewhere (full of all sorts of stuff).

All set.  Thanks Dave !!!

-NormAB